05/26/16 - Hamburg, Germany - Volksparkstadion

downzy

2 hours ago, Karri said:

I disagree. Body position changes matter.

And, he always sang the best stationary. I would love to hear him continue singing a powerful and balanced show day in day out. But I would say that is over.

Sure your body position matters - but not for the sort of "flubs" we're hearing. Listen to Thunderstruck; his voice is cracking at the top end, he's not out of breath (to me at least). 

At the end of the day none of us really know what's going on - whether he's picked up a cold, pushed himself too hard or can't handle singing while strolling around the stage, the end result is the same.

We'll see how things pan out I guess. I don't disagree that he sings better stationary (everyone does), but I don't think that's solely responsible for the the difference between now and 10 days ago.

• Like 1

On 28/05/2016 at 6:50 AM, Apollo said:

Lol, not biased at all. 

AC/DC type songs are pretty much tailor made for Axl's voice. You Could Be Mine and Paradise City are basically AC/DC songs. 

So not showing a lot of versatility there. Let's hear an all Queen show and then we can talk about his vocal versatility.  And his off nights are clearly not better than his peers best nights. Comments like that just make you look like a fanboy and completely reduce any strength from all your other comments. 

But yes, your hyperbole aside, Axl is one of the best rock singers of all time. We knew this before these last AC/DC shows. 

Axl is one of the best. But the over-the-top statements are a bit cringeworthy. 

It's a Guns N' Roses fan forum. I'm allowed to be over the top and cringey. You're not cool for pointing it out. Knob.

Edited by AlexC
  • Like 1

I couldn't care less how he sounds for ACDC. As long as he sounds fucking good for the San Diego show, that is all I care about.

He sounds ok to me on those ACDC clips. the important thing is that the people in the stadium(ACDC) fans like it, that is all that matters. If he were go to go 100% Mickey, then there would be a problem. 

7 hours ago, AlexC said:

It's a Guns N' Roses fan forum. I'm allowed to be over the top and cringey. You're not cool for pointing it out. Knob.

Nothing wrong with your OP. To be honest I don't know what @Apollo is even talking about, YCBM and PC sound absolutely nothing like AC/DC songs.

24 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Nothing wrong with your OP. To be honest I don't know what @Apollo is even talking about, YCBM and PC sound absolutely nothing like AC/DC songs.

As Axl is touring with ACDC, one of his favorite bands while growing up, you don't think GnR was influenced by ACDC? 

Do you see any Stones or Queen in GnR?

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

As Axl is touring with ACDC, one of his favorite bands while growing up, you don't think GnR was influenced by ACDC? 

Do you see any Stones or Queen in GnR?

You'll have to point me to where I said GN'R wasn't influenced by AC/DC. I said that the two songs you cited don't sound like AC/DC and I maintain that. 

Axl has mentioned influences such as Neil Young and Elvis - doesn't mean there are specific GN'R tunes that "sound like" either of those artists.

• Like 2