05/26/16 - Hamburg, Germany - Volksparkstadion

downzy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2016 at 2:50 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Get these AC/DC shows outta the way asap 

That's my deal, but then again I'm not an AC/DC fan. 

I've got mild interest in this show though as I wanna hear if Axl's rough spots the other night were just a fluke. 

• Like 2

I've enjoyed the Axl/DC more than the Guns hybrid, albeit judged solely from the footage and two-three bootlegs I've heard. I've never seen Axl this animated since 1993, and the rest of AC/DC have a live chemistry which was lacking from what I'd heard of the hybrid stuff.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've enjoyed the Axl/DC more than the Guns hybrid, albeit judged solely from the footage and two-three bootlegs I've heard. I've never seen Axl this animated since 1993, and the rest of AC/DC have a live chemistry which was lacking from what I'd heard of the hybrid stuff.

Animated though?

He's only been on his feet for 1 complete gig at this point, am I wrong?

Make it 2 if you include the Troubadour with GN'R.

2 hours ago, tberrie007 said:

it is great fun, but i just pray it does not come at the expense of axl not being able to kill it at the reunion shows! 

I'm sure he wouldn't have taken the gig if he didn't think he could pull it off. He still sounds great for all intents and purposes, even if he was a bit weaker at Prague.

• Like 2

One thing that DC do is raw rock n' roll, and it is great to see an inform Axl partake of that. Now the hybrid is not really rock n' roll. You have two keyboards, a bunch of Chinese tracks. And Slade is a much better drummer than Frank. The whole DC thing simply sounds better. Raw sweaty ballsack rock n' roll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

One thing that DC do is raw rock n' roll, and it is great to see an inform Axl partake of that. Now the hybrid is not really rock n' roll. You have two keyboards, a bunch of Chinese tracks. And Slade is a much better drummer than Frank. The whole DC thing simply sounds better. Raw sweaty ballsack rock n' roll.

Don't forget the tambourine.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not to mention AC/DC have really stepped up as a band with all this - they're playing with an intensity they haven't since the Razor's Edge tour. 

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm sure he wouldn't have taken the gig if he didn't think he could pull it off. He still sounds great for all intents and purposes, even if he was a bit weaker at Prague.

he was sick at Prague. hopefully the extra day of rest has helped him get better. we need you well Axl!!!:wub:

2 hours ago, pablo mercuryrose said:

"[Axl]'s very excited, he keeps saying 'can we do more.'"

Goddammit Axl. This is cool and all but, focus on GNR again please. (Of course as soon as Slash and Duff are back, Axl decides to find something new... :lol:)

Hopefully he sounds better than he did at the last show, I'm anxious to see videos already and the show's not until tomorrow :lol: