06/04/16 - London, England - The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park

downzy

5 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i didnt even watch the video of the angus-guy

for all i read it is supposed to be funny

thats not my point

my point is that you do not record someone that you dont know and post the video on the internet without asking this person first if he or she wants the video posted

thats my point

posting a video of somebody that you dont know without asking this person is offensive and disgusting

its really disrespectful

it can be harmless -- as seems to be the case with this angus-guy

but

it can also fuck with the person who appears on the video

once again, i hope no one ever does that to you

or to anybody on this forum

specially because when a video hits the internet the person who is on it never gets to say "end of story"

Yes, you said that before.  I've already responded to it.  Have a good day.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

sometimes I have to put into perspective how great Axl has been for ACDC, and as disrespectful as this post is it needs to be said, going back to Brian would be a huge downgrade in terms of quality...this was only 3months ago and the band looks dead, the sound feels dead, but then you watch the performance in London last night and it sounds like the band is back at Donnington playing in their prime...if we get a pro shot of an Axl gig it will only make it more stunning. 

If I'm a big ACDC fan then I can't go back...they sound too good right now. ACDC has never been a band for the nostalgia fans, it's never been about one album, it's always about the next move, the next tour, the next album and if you want to keep moving forward then Axl should be your third true lead singer (yea I know there was a 4th) 

It pains me to say it but I'm inclined to agree; the band seemed far more fired up last night than when I saw them at Download/Donnington in 2010 and Axl and Angus had such great chemistry. Maybe it's just my imagination but the songs seemed to be faster and more energetic as well. I listened to a couple of songs rom the River Plate record on the train back from the show and there's no denying that Axl is stronger vocally, although he is a fair bit younger than Brian so it's an unfair comparison. Don't get me wrong, 2010 was an incredible show and I feel very fortunate to have seen the band with Brian, Malcolm and Phil but I think the injection of a new frontman has really re-energized the band; it seems Axl has really fired up Angus and vice versa. 

That being said, the thought of never seeing AC/DC with Brian again is a very sad thought :( If it turns out that Axl is to be the permanent lead singer in the future then I'd like them to do what Queen do, i.e. bill it as AC/DC + Axl Rose (like Queen did with Paul Rodgers and are now doing with Adam Lambert). Plus, when Paul Rodgers was fronting Queen they played some Free and Bad Company songs, it would be cool if they incorporated a couple of GN'R songs in the set for the hell of it. Given the recent news that Brian's confident he'll return to the stage I'm thinking this jaunt with Axl may just end up being a one off, or until Brian retires (if indeed he does decide to). 

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Amir said:

I don't really get how people just stand there! Especially with Thunderstruck on! I didn't stop jumping up and down for 2 hrs!

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

All this talk about what Axl has done for AC/DC.....look what AC/DC has done for Axl! 

Hes not the Axl we've been used to for the last two decades. AC/DC have brought out the inner rock god in him for sure. 

Angus Young is just on another level, he really is. 

I cannot wait to see him on Thursday. 

Absolutely. My thoughts. Also think all the rehearsing has done wonders - really brought back vocals that weren't there for a long time. He is gonna be great at the GNR tour.

21 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

It pains me to say it but I'm inclined to agree; the band seemed far more fired up last night than when I saw them at Download/Donnington in 2010 and Axl and Angus had such great chemistry. Maybe it's just my imagination but the songs seemed to be faster and more energetic as well. I listened to a couple of songs rom the River Plate record on the train back from the show and there's no denying that Axl is stronger vocally, although he is a fair bit younger than Brian so it's an unfair comparison. I did however think it was cool the songs being in their original key though (unless I'm mistaken, it didn't sound like they were de-tuned but maybe I'm just used to hearing recent live versions). Don't get me wrong, 2010 was an incredible show and I feel very fortunate to have seen the band with Brian, Malcolm and Phil but I think the injection of a new frontman has really re-energized the band; it seems Axl has really fired up Angus and vice versa. 

That being said, the thought of never seeing AC/DC with Brian again is a very sad thought :( If it turns out that Axl is to be the permanent lead singer in the future then I'd like them to do what Queen do, i.e. bill it as AC/DC + Axl Rose (like Queen did with Paul Rodgers and are now doing with Adam Lambert). Plus, when Paul Rodgers was fronting Queen they played some Free and Bad Company songs, it would be cool if they incorporated a couple of GN'R songs in the set for the hell of it. Given the recent news that Brian's confident he'll return to the stage I'm thinking this jaunt with Axl may just end up being a one off, or until Brian retires (if indeed he does decide to). 

I agree it's unfair to compare but at the same time you can't say well let's get Brian back if he's ok...your not going to get 54 year old Brian your going to get the Brian you saw in February, and that's great for the fans that have loved ACDC with Brian, but your not attracting new listeners, and your best days are behind you...however with Axl as the frontman you basically refueled the machine and are making a statement that this band can be relevant in the modern music business and for many more years create music that's exciting again. (Although they did have the highest grossing tour last year) 

I watch the Grammy's performance and loved it, but I can't help but feel everyone was looking at the band like "aw that's awesome look how old they are and still rocking out" it was kinda a cute thing, where as Axl is just kicking ass and putting everyone on notice. I'd love to see ACDC continue to evolve with Axl at the helm. To me they have always found a way to move forward well and as sad as it is for many fans I think the next move is to cement Axl a spot in the band. 

1 minute ago, Twinaleblood said:

Setlist?

'Rock Or Bust'
'Shoot To Thrill'
'Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be'
'Back In Black'
'Got Some Rock & Roll Thunder'
'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap'
'Rock 'N' Roll Damnation'
'Thunderstruck'
'High Voltage'
'Rock 'N' Roll Train'
'Hells Bells'
'Given The Dog A Bone'
'If You Want Blood (You've Got It)'
'Sin City'
'You Shook Me All Night Long'
'Shot Down In Flames'
'Have A Drink On Me'
'T.N.T.'
'Whole Lotta Rosie'
'Let There Be Rock'
'Highway To Hell'
'Riff Raff'
'For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

sometimes I have to put into perspective how great Axl has been for ACDC, and as disrespectful as this post is it needs to be said, going back to Brian would be a huge downgrade in terms of quality...this was only 3months ago and the band looks dead, the sound feels dead, but then you watch the performance in London last night and it sounds like the band is back at Donnington playing in their prime...if we get a pro shot of an Axl gig it will only make it more stunning. 

If I'm a big ACDC fan then I can't go back...they sound too good right now. ACDC has never been a band for the nostalgia fans, it's never been about one album, it's always about the next move, the next tour, the next album and if you want to keep moving forward then Axl should be your third true lead singer (yea I know there was a 4th) 

Hahaha I love how Axl keeps steal the show N' everything when He is play with another Band or doing cover/Guest Singer in Others Band Album

If its like wht You said I wonder wht happens when Brian's back

41 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Hahaha I love how Axl keeps steal the show N' everything when He is play with another Band or doing cover/Guest Singer in Others Band Album

If its like wht You said I wonder wht happens when Brian's back

Axl steals the show because he sings like a hard rock singer, with a classic rock tone. So not only does he project his voice better but it sounds more appealing. 

He's unique, charismatic, and a legend.  

• Like 3