06/04/16 - London, England - The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park

downzy

7 minutes ago, The Archer said:

For the first time in many years, I've signed up on an AC/DC board. There are still a few stubborn holdouts - and some of the discussion about lineup purity and Chris Slade vs Phil Rudd, reminds me of some of the bad eggs on here. But, for the most part, even those who are not great fans of Axl, or how things went down, at least grudgingly accept that Axl has really worked hard and done a phenomenal job. It's refreshing to see how many people openly admit that they were skeptical and how blow away they were. Chris Slade's son posts on the board too and he spoke nicely about Duff and Slash being really nice in person and he said that Axl was being great and that he fit in very well within the 'family' atmosphere of the touring party and that if it weren't so, things would have been difficult. The new (old) songs are really winning some people over and getting the chance to hear them live is a big thing for many of the fans. IYWB(YGI) was a particularly well received deep cut and in the London show, Axl was indeed phenomenal on it.

Anyhow, the layout of the site is terrible and my eyes were going crazy - I love AC/DC to death but it is just so good to be back on mygnr. Also, they had all of 8/9 pages of posts for the London show - that place must be dead, compared to the excitement on here during the live shows.

Yes .... Think i had à thought like that at some time ...that IT probably was axls person how he fits with the very tight and very BIG ac/dc family .... I think IF not ... He could be how great the best ever better  Than Bon..etc... But he wouldnt be in the band IF he didnt fint in as à person... For Them i think thats the most important ... Actually..

1 minute ago, night prowler said:

Yes .... Think i had à thought like that at some time ...that IT probably was axls person how he fits with the very tight and very BIG ac/dc family .... I think IF not ... He could be how great the best ever better  Than Bon..etc... But he wouldnt be in the band IF he didnt fint in as à person... For Them i think thats the most important ... Actually..

He's a big fan of AC/DC himself. A bigger fan than many of those people who are complaining and a bigger fan for longer, than many of them. That's what many of them don't realize. All they see is the LA rocker in fancy dress, who sang November Rain.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Archer said:

He's a big fan of AC/DC himself. A bigger fan than many of those people who are complaining and a bigger fan for longer, than many of them. That's what many of them don't realize. All they see is the LA rocker in fancy dress, who sang November Rain.

To be fair to them, if someone came along and tried to replace Axl in GNR I don't think I could handle it. No, it would be wrong. 

It wouldn't matter to me even if they were Mercury//Tyler/Jagger/Plant/Scott all rolled into one, I would still hate it. 

Very cool though that a good majority of them gave him a shot. Axl should be thankful to them. 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

To be fair to them, if someone came along and tried to replace Axl in GNR I don't think I could handle it. No, it would be wrong. 

It wouldn't matter to me even if they were Mercury//Tyler/Jagger/Plant/Scott all rolled into one, I would still hate it. 

Very cool though that a good majority of them gave him a shot. Axl should be thankful to them. 

Yeah, I know - i'm just surprised that not many people know or realize that he is a big AC/DC fan. I mean, if tomorrow M Shadows came and tried to sing You Could Be Mine, I may or may not like him depending on how he does, but I would know that he's a big fan of GN'R and that's a big part of the reason that he chose to do it - out of respect. After a while, you can always spot the particularly intense kind of Axl hater, whether there or here, who just hates it when despite every indication that he gives you of failing he just blows you away, and hates him all the more for it. 

Edited by The Archer

31 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Yeah, I know - i'm just surprised that not many people know or realize that he is a big AC/DC fan. I mean, if tomorrow M Shadows came and tried to sing You Could Be Mine, I may or may not like him depending on how he does, but I would know that he's a big fan of GN'R and that's a big part of the reason that he chose to do it - out of respect. After a while, you can always spot the particularly intense kind of Axl hater, whether there or here, who just hates it when despite every indication that he gives you of failing, he just blows you away, and hates him all the more for it. 

You see, the horror that just crossed my mind with the thought of M Shadows fronting GNR ? lol. I would officially be a hater :lol: 

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You see, the horror that just crossed my mind with the thought of M Shadows fronting GNR ? lol. I would officially be a hater :lol: 

:lol: Sorry about that.

But really, Axl fronting AC/DC is less of a stretch than M Shadows fronting GN'R. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Archer said:

:lol: Sorry about that.

But really, Axl fronting AC/DC is less of a stretch than M Shadows fronting GN'R. 

You know, it reminds me of a conversation I saw on Facebook when the news first broke and it made me laugh so much. There was a lot more hate the for the situation, and I was just scrolling down all the comments on classic rock, all spew and bile about Axl, when I noticed this old guy had tagged his friend...

'have you seen this, Doug?'

'yes mate, are you still going?'

'I dunno, what do you think?' 

'Well I'm still going, it should be good, as long as that Axel doesn't chuck a wobbler!' 

'Yes, won't be happy if he chucks a wobbler' 

Ha ha I so hope those two had a great time. 

Manchester is going to be another big one for Axl, lots still not sure about him are going, seen lots of them asking those in London how good it was, so I hope he brings that A game again! 

And yes Axl going to ACDC is much more credible than M Shadows fronting GNR. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You know, it reminds me of a conversation I saw on Facebook when the news first broke and it made me laugh so much. There was a lot more hate the for the situation, and I was just scrolling down all the comments on classic rock, all spew and bile about Axl, when I noticed this old guy had tagged his friend...

'have you seen this, Doug?'

'yes mate, are you still going?'

'I dunno, what do you think?' 

'Well I'm still going, it should be good, as long as that Axel doesn't chuck a wobbler!' 

'Yes, won't be happy if he chucks a wobbler' 

Ha ha I so hope those two had a great time. 

Manchester is going to be another big one for Axl, lots still not sure about him are going, seen lots of them asking those in London how good it was, so I hope he brings that A game again! 

And yes Axl going to ACDC is much more credible than M Shadows fronting GNR. 

HAHAHA. Awesome story. I saw something similar - two brothers who tagged each other and were planning to go to the US shows and both had been watching the videos independently, and when one asked the other whether they shouldn't be going for TWO shows, the second one confirmed that they should because they (the band and Axl) had been consistently putting on awesome shows all through this tour.

Lol, anyway, i've been going back and reading some of the older threads on the AC/DC forum and some of them are hilarious. At various points during the Germany shows, when the die-hard haters run out of things to complain about Axl, they complain about what he wears. When that runs out of steam, some of them exclaim how thankful they are that he didn't wear his yellow raincoat and hulkhogan moustache :axl::lol:. It got funnier though when one guy responded with this terrible pic from Rio of Axl in the yellow jacket, with his mike held high above his face and him singing into it and he writes - "i'm just glad he didn't bring the triple chinned yellow twinkie look'. Hahaha. But, overall - there's this slow transformation from disbelief to grudging admiration - I haven't gone through the threads which opine that he should actually front AC/DC full time yet. However, I did go through the Lisbon thread and all those people were watching @Freaka's periscope - reading those comments is amazing. From those first few songs when he was just blowing it out of the water, the stunned disbelief, and amazement at how good he was, is just so honest and real. It's lots of fun to read through.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 3

Halfway through the show I noticed that I had been watching Axl more than Ang. We were in agreement that we he stole the show (in a good way) he is perfect and is doing a better job than Brian was the last few years. Even if some don't want to admit it. Who would have thought eh ?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Archer said:

HAHAHA. Awesome story. I saw something similar - two brothers who tagged each other and were planning to go to the US shows and both had been watching the videos independently, and when one asked the other whether they shouldn't be going for TWO shows, the second one confirmed that they should because they (the band and Axl) had been consistently putting on awesome shows all through this tour.

Lol, anyway, i've been going back and reading some of the older threads on the AC/DC forum and some of them are hilarious. At various points during the Germany shows, when the die-hard haters run out of things to complain about Axl, they complain about what he wears. When that runs out of steam, some of them exclaim how thankful they are that he didn't wear his yellow raincoat and hulkhogan moustache :axl::lol:. It got funnier though when one guy responded with this terrible pic from Rio of Axl in the yellow jacket, with his mike held high above his face and him singing into it and he writes - "i'm just glad he didn't bring the triple chinned yellow twinkie look'. Hahaha. But, overall - there's this slow transformation from disbelief to grudging admiration - I haven't gone through the threads which opine that he should actually front AC/DC full time yet. However, I did go through the Lisbon thread and all those people were watching @Freaka's periscope - reading those comments is amazing. From those first few songs when he was just blowing it out of the water, the stunned disbelief, and amazement at how good he was, is just so honest and real. It's lots of fun to read through.

I've read through some of their 'should ACDC keep Axl' ha! couldnt help the image of ACDC finding themselves some stray ginger cat roaming the streets and pondering if they should keep it or not lol

The thing is though, they seem to be in the same position as us, a bit confused and not really knowing what's for the best or what will happen next. But they have thought about it and some would even like it :lol:

They have a great sense of humour over there, I love reading through their forum even when they're complaining about Axl ha ha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I've read through some of their 'should ACDC keep Axl' ha! couldnt help the image of ACDC finding themselves some stray ginger cat roaming the streets and pondering if they should keep it or not lol

The thing is though, they seem to be in the same position as us, a bit confused and not really knowing what's for the best or what will happen next. But they have thought about it and some would even like it :lol:

They have a great sense of humour over there, I love reading through their forum even when they're complaining about Axl ha ha

:lol: Some of them are actually worried for Axl and wondering if he's going to be okay without taking breaks, or whether he should be screaming as hard as he is and not just pulling things back a little. It's awesome.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Another thing - we are overly critical of Axl on here. Even the GN'R fans who love AC/DC.

In AC/DC land, most people thought that Axl was really good on both DDDC and TNT, at Lisbon.

Yeah I noticed that too. Those who like him think he's great on the songs we all complain about :lol:

1 hour ago, The Archer said:

Another thing - we are overly critical of Axl on here. Even the GN'R fans who love AC/DC.

In AC/DC land, most people thought that Axl was really good on both DDDC and TNT, at Lisbon.

The diference is we know his voice very, very well, we can differenciate Axl 92' from Axl 93' for example, casual fans don't. If we want to know how his voice behaved in a show we don't need to listen the whole concert, we go immediatly to the coda of Rocket Queen or Estranged. We are smart like that :rofl-lol:
Lisbon show was amazing and he hit all notes, brought lots of rasp and all, but I noticed right there that TNT was his weakest performance of the night. So I would say that we're right when we say that DDDC and TNT are the weakest, but I'm still glad that AC/DC fans think they were really good. 

• Like 1

i still can't believe he hit that scream like that on the end...then he added in the last line on the album 

it's funny to look at the YouTube videos now compared to when they first announced Axl...he use to get 50 thumbs up and 30 thumbs down but now it's 120 thumbs up and 0 down. The tide has turned 

• Like 3

What a show! Angus alone would put on one of the best shows you'll ever see, but the band as a whole, with Axl, is out of this world.
Brief overview of my Axl/GNR fandom. I heard 'sweet child' on school radio in 2004 (I was 11), I went home and found the rock in rio 3 gig on youtube, I was hooked straight away. Spent the next year watching NuGNR videos and listening to the little bits of Chinese that we had heard at that time. Then I got listening to the whole catalogue and there haven't been many days in the past 12 years when I haven't listened to a GNR song. But mainly I was mesmerised by Axl, even his 2002 voice XD
With that being said Saturday would've been great for me regardless. One of the people coming to the gig with me was my mum who loves ac/dc and Brian but doesn't like GNR or Axl. So I was curious what she would think once it was all over. I watched a few of the first shows on periscope so I knew it was going well and sounding good but sometimes you just wait for that one show where its all gonna go wrong.
I didn't think much of the support act but the atmosphere was building up nice. Once that video started at 8:15 the next 2 hours or so flew by. You just get hooked by the whole thing. Axl was on fire and Angus is phenomenal. Guitar solos aren't really my thing but when you're there the Let There Be Rock solo just draws you in.
So after the show I ask for mums review. Her first words ... "I've been to so many concerts and never once have I seen anyone like Axl, he was amazing". For the first time I found myself not having to defend him to someone who isn't a big GNR fan. I feel sorry for Brian because while in my lifetime he is the AC/DC singer (the Bon material is the best though imo), he has been replaced by one of the greatest frontmen of all time, probably the greatest, and it will be hard for AC/DC to switch back from that if Brian can find a cure for his hearing problems.
One thing I would say and I think I read a comment where somebody else said similar, those moments when you're watching on youtube and you think that dirty deeds is bad because he uses a clean voice, couldn't be more wrong. They are some of the best songs, riff raff, 'rosie, tnt ... he pulled off every single song be it Brian or Bon. If you have a chance to get a ticket just do it, regardless of whether you're an AC/DC fan you will have a great time. Clean voice on GNR songs can be a whole different ball game though but he's got the control of his voice just right with AC/DC.
Chinese calendar 2016, the year of Axl Rose :P

Edited by TheBedouin92
grammar
  • Like 4