06/09/16 - Manchester, England - Etihad Stadium

downzy

1 hour ago, GivenToFly said:

I thought Axl looked very cool with shades and wide brim hat on. 

I'm noticing too much positivity in this thread and frankly it feels sappy and un-MYGNR-ish. On that note: Anybody else didn't like Have A Drink On Me and Given The Dog A Bone? Not in terms of the performance, just that the songs are kinda crap and even worse live. If they really felt the need to do half an hour of Back in Black I wish they'd done Rock N Roll Aint Noise Pollution and Let Me Put My Love Into You (can you imagine Axl on this one???) instead. 

Let Me Put My Love Into You

yes!! .. i agree.... one of there best .... absolute awsome solo from angus ... and..why not...shake a leg..

I remember Axl saying something at the show then asking the crowd if we hadn't seen this in the UK, I couldn't hear at the time what he said but got the feeling he was talking about a TV show.

Anyone else who was there catch this and know what the reference was?

14 hours ago, metalms said:

I did see the beer was flying in the crowd down in the pit...I don't approve of alcohol abuse mainly because it's a waste of a good beer! ; )  Looks like a good time was had by all as far as I could tell..

What makes you think it was beer? :lol:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, alfierose said:

I remember Axl saying something at the show then asking the crowd if we hadn't seen this in the UK, I couldn't hear at the time what he said but got the feeling he was talking about a TV show.

I heard him mumble something and the he said, "no you don't get it? It was a tv show."  No idea what he was on about, it must have been an American thing :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, night prowler said:

Let Me Put My Love Into You

yes!! .. i agree.... one of there best .... absolute awsome solo from angus ... and..why not...shake a leg..

not feeling it :/

9 hours ago, GivenToFly said:

I'm noticing too much positivity in this thread and frankly it feels sappy and un-MYGNR-ish. On that note: Anybody else didn't like Have A Drink On Me and Given The Dog A Bone? Not in terms of the performance, just that the songs are kinda crap and even worse live. If they really felt the need to do half an hour of Back in Black I wish they'd done Rock N Roll Aint Noise Pollution and Let Me Put My Love Into You (can you imagine Axl on this one???) instead. 

ugh they keep playing the start of Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution on the Applebee's commercial. blah! :P

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

12 hours ago, GivenToFly said:

I wasn't looking forward to hearing either of them to be honest but I thought they sounded fantastic live, they won me over (especially Have A Drink On Me).

I wouldn't include Shake A Leg as I think it's the weakest song from Back In Black.

I wouldn't mind if they alternated between Given The Dog A Bone, Have A Drink On Me or Let Me Put My Love Into You.

Rock N' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution would be a cool as a part of an encore.

15 hours ago, night prowler said:

i thought he didnt run around and dance as much as usual...but if you see your pants split open on the side i quess its quite understandeble you wanna perhaps just take it a bit more easy ..

on another point...Hell aint a bad place to be ... is one of the best Bon era songs i think ... Axl does it magicaly good ...

wonder how Angus feels sometines ... must be like thrown back to te 70s energy ... well ... only two more to go .. sadens me

this is a GREAT Bon era AC/DC song! as for Axl's performance I need time to process his *ahem* wardrobe malfunction :P 

19 hours ago, alfierose said:

No I don't remember that, it was so loud and chaotic that I didn't catch a lot of what he said between songs.

10 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

this is a GREAT Bon era AC/DC song! as for Axl's performance I need time to process his *ahem* wardrobe malfunction :P 

I didn't realise it was a malfunction. Thought it was supposed to be like that  but in the above video he seems to notice and tries to fix it. 

What a shame the zip opened like that..  NOT :lol:

• Like 1

On 11/06/2016 at 3:28 PM, alfierose said:

Axl was singing a tune from a TV show called Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood, which is just about the most wholesome family friendly slice of Americana ever aired. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ianchops said:

Axl was singing a tune from a TV show called Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood, which is just about the most wholesome family friendly slice of Americana ever aired. 

Thank you, I thought someone would have caught the reference.

• Like 1

Amazing show. So happy I flew over to see this!!!!! 

I was seriously blown away by how good Axl sounded! I've seen him live loads of times in recent years with the Chinese tours and never in my wildest dreams did I expect him to be that good. He was just incredible. YEAH!!!!!!!

• Like 1