AXL/DC Setlist wishlists

The Archer

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

18. Let There Be Rock

---

19. Highway To Hell

20. Night Prowler

I think that's a set that would be pretty satisfying to both diehards and casual fans. 

Nice setlist. I'd probably switch LTBR and Night Prowler (which we all know is a pipe dream for them to play) - since its sort of become the Angus show now, they can end with him up on his podium doing the crazy guitar solo. 

It will be interesting if they keep For those about to rock in the set. They probably will as an excuse to fire the cannons. For the life of me I've never understood why that song was the closing song and not the opener for their concerts. Lyrically it would seem much better as an opener... are we ABOUT to rock, or did we just rock for the past two hours? Not to mention they could have Angus alone onstage to open the show with the guitar riff, to be joined by the rest of the band. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

It will be interesting if they keep For those about to rock in the set. They probably will as an excuse to fire the cannons. For the life of me I've never understood why that song was the closing song and not the opener for their concerts. Lyrically it would seem much better as an opener... are we ABOUT to rock, or did we just rock for the past two hours? Not to mention they could have Angus alone onstage to open the show with the guitar riff, to be joined by the rest of the band. 

I always thought that it was because that now the audience had seen an AC/DC performance live, they could go home and Rock the rest of their lives :P.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I always thought that it was because that now the audience had seen an AC/DC performance live, they could go home and Rock the rest of their lives :P.

Oddly enough on the actual "for those about to rock" tour they often closed with TNT and made FTATR 2nd to last. I was only 4 back then but I'd imagine many fans missed TNT as they headed for the exits to go rock their drive home :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goneshootin said:

Nice setlist. I'd probably switch LTBR and Night Prowler (which we all know is a pipe dream for them to play) - since its sort of become the Angus show now, they can end with him up on his podium doing the crazy guitar solo. 

LTBR has literally always closed the main set since it was released - I don't see that changing now. I tend to agree with you it would fit better to close the encore, I just don't think it will. 

55 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

LTBR has literally always closed the main set since it was released - I don't see that changing now. I tend to agree with you it would fit better to close the encore, I just don't think it will. 

Agreed. But if we're all dreaming, that's my wish. A year ago I would've never thought I'd be on a guns n roses website talking about set lists for AC/DC feat. Axl Rose :)

Edited by goneshootin
  • Like 1

Thunderstruck
Shoot To Thrill
Back In Black
Sin City
Rock Or Bust
Touch Too Much
Jailbreak
The Jack
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
MoneyTalks
Hell's Bells
If You Want Blood
Safe In New York City
High Voltage
You Shook Me All Night Long
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock
Riff Raff
Big Guns (not gonna happen, i know)
TNT
Highway To Hell
It's A Long Way To The Top
For Those About To Rock

2 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Okay, now we know for sure that they've rehearsed Thunderstruck and Shoot to Thrill - the setlist is going to be more Brian era heavy than expected. 

I'm surprised about thunderstruck but in fairness it's one of their most recognizable songs to the average fan, maybe second only to you shook me all night long, so I could see why they'd want to keep it. Would be like Guns dropping sweet child or paradise city I suppose. 

I still think the lesser know Brian era songs from the current setlist (have a drink on me, givin the dog a bone, rock n roll train, and the new songs) are the ones which will get dropped. 

Oddly enough I think Axl would be great on some of the mid 80s Brian era tracks (flick and fly albums) but those tracks haven't seen the light of day in almost 30 years. 

Problem Child would be bad ass, I hope that comes back.

"Rock or Bust"
"Shoot To Thrill"
Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be"
"Back in Black"
"Dogs of War"
"Touch Too Much"
"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"
"Thunderstruck"
"D.T."/"Chase the Ace"
"High Voltage"
"Who Made Who"
"Rock N' Roll Train"
"Hells Bells"
"The Razors Edge"
"Have A Drink On Me"
"You Shook Me All Night Long"
"Sin City"
"Rock 'N' Roll Singer"
"Shot Down in Flames"
"Jailbreak"
"T.N.T."
"Whole Lotta Rosie"
"Let There Be Rock"

Encore

"Highway to Hell"
"For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The Archer said:

Okay, now we know for sure that they've rehearsed Thunderstruck and Shoot to Thrill - the setlist is going to be more Brian era heavy than expected. 

Not necessarily - those two are the types of songs you expect to get played no matter what. Thunderstruck has been played on every single tour since it was released, and Shoot To Thrill has been played on all but maybe one or two tours since it was released. I don't think they'll drop any of the warhorses from the Brian era, but I also don't think we'll get any deep cuts (Although Guns For Hire is way too perfect to pass up...)

• Like 1

Just now, Powerage5 said:

Not necessarily - those two are the types of songs you expect to get played no matter what. Thunderstruck has been played on every single tour since it was released, and Shoot To Thrill has been played on all but maybe one or two tours since it was released. I don't think they'll drop any of the warhorses from the Brian era, but I also don't think we'll get any deep cuts (Although Guns For Hire is way too perfect to pass up...)

What I was trying to say was that it would be reasonable to expect them to stick to the Rock or Bust setlist, rather than focus on Bon era material to suit Axl.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

I don't think that that they will change much because of Axl. This is still the "Rock Or Bust Tour". 

Sure, it is in name, but is it really? I mean, the point of this tour is no longer to promote the album by any means...

Rock or Bust will still be the opener at the very least. I could see Angus dropping the other ROB tracks and/or the "Brian rarities" to make room for a couple extra Bon tracks to throw Axl a bone, but overall I expect the set list to be exactly the same.

5 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

You want them to waste two slots on the tour with Axl on instrumentals? ...Why? :confused:

Because I like them and they never played them live… and there are a few instrumentals in the GN'R setlist too...

Edited by Sosso

From an AC/DC blog...

Two days ago the band rehearsed in a Lisbon studio for several hours. According to our sources, beside the usual setlist (minus Playball and Baptism By Fire) they rehearsed also these songs, among others:

If You Want Blood
What's Next to the Moon
Gimme a Bullet
Touch Too Much (!!!)

• Like 1