AXL/DC Setlist wishlists

The Archer

• downzy changed the title to AXL/DC Setlist wishlists

My wish list -

1) Let there be Rock  OR Rock or Bust ( LTBR would be a great way to open with Axl on his throne dressed as the pope maybe. If not, ROB but meh)

2) Rocker

3) Kicked in the Teeth

4) Back in Black 

5) Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

6) Let me put my love into you  OR Thunderstruck  (the latter is popular, but Axl could do something cool with the former)

7) High Voltage 

8) Hells Bells

9) Gone Shooting  OR Problem Child ( Hate to choose between these two but Axl can channel his own experiences into singing on either and bring in some emotion )

10) Sin City 

11) You Shook Me all night long

13) Shot Down in Flames

14) Have a Drink on Me OR Rock N' Roll ain't Noise pollution

14) TNT

15) Whole Lotta Rosie

16) Riff Raff

17) Highway to Hell

18) Night Prowler (best way to end before the encore - with Axl doing Shaznot Nanu Nanu)

Encore

19) Mistress for Christmans OR Big Balls  (Axl with his Santa Cap on for the former or in his white biker shorts for the latter)

20) It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock N' Roll OR For Those About to Rock We Salute You ( IALWTTTIYWRNR would really be the best possible ending - Axl, Angus and maybe Stevie dressed in kilts and the bagpipers coming out at the end. But FTATRWSY has cannons and is dramatic and is the traditional ending, but I'm worried about Axl doing this song)

This list would be Bon era heavy. But it would still have 5-6 Brian era tracks and some deep cuts that will make hardcore AC/DC fans happy. It will also really let Axl lose on a diverse set of songs (by AC/DC standards) and it should be very exiting for GN'R fans to hear him do some very different things.

Edited by The Archer
Added Highway to Hell and Problem Child as alt for Gone Shooting

18 minutes ago, The Archer said:

My wish list -

1) Let there be Rock  OR Rock or Bust ( LTBR would be a great way to open with Axl on his throne dressed as the pope maybe. If not, ROB but meh)

Encore

19) Mistress for Christmans OR Big Balls  (Axl with his Santa Cap on for the former or in his white biker shorts for the latter)

Thank you sir for giving a conflicted AC/DC fan a much needed laugh with the imagery of Axl as not only the pope but also santa claus all in the same show. It is unfortunate AC/DC never made an easter song so Axl could literally hop around the stage in a bunny suit. 

• Like 1

pure wish

1. If You Want Blood

2. Problem Child

3. Kicked in the Theeth

4. Whole Lotta Rosie

5. Riff Raff

6. High Voltage

7. Thunderstruck

8. Back In Black

9. Sin City

10. Hell's Bells

11. Dog Eat Dog

12. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

13. Shoot To Thrill

14. You Shook Me All Night Long

15. Girls Got Rythmn

16. T.N.T.

17. Jailbreak

18. Let There Be Rock

19. Highway To Hell

20. For Those About To Rock

13 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

Thank you sir for giving a conflicted AC/DC fan a much needed laugh with the imagery of Axl as not only the pope but also santa claus all in the same show. It is unfortunate AC/DC never made an easter song so Axl could literally hop around the stage in a bunny suit. 

You're welcome! ;) I thought of Axl dressing up as a priest like Bon. But he wouldn't be able to stand behind a lectern. As the pope, he would have a new hat/crown while sitting on his throne. The Santa Claus cap for Mistress, was a no brainer :P

35 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

10. Hell's Bells

that one is a bitch to sing (and Brian's trademark song) - I would say replace with Ride On. it's easy on vocals and it sort of describes the situation "keep on rolling..."

btw, great list.

note, they _have to_ include Rock or Bust and maybe Rock n Roll Train, but here is a killer:

Stiff Upper Lip -> THAT ONE Axl would knock out of the park. low registers plus it's like a gunslinger's song. AFAIK could fit GnR's catalogue easy.

Edited by Colossus of Rhodes

"For those about to rock" is not among my favorite AC/DC songs, but just imagining Axl screaming "Fire!" gives me goosebumps. "Shake a leg", "Problem Child" and "Shot Down In Flames" are some of my favourites.  

Edited by S1lk_worm

Would be cool if they dusted off some older material. But to be honest I'm more curious to see how Axl will sound on Money talks, Back in Black, You shook me etc. I think we know he can do the Whole lotta rosie type songs in is sleep. Back in Black sounds like a really hard song to sing, the breathing for the chorus to verse sounds difficult. Hope he's well rehearsed and proves the naysaysers wrong with some great performances. Hopefully he'll be out of his throne by then too.

It's a long way to the top would be a nice one to throw in, haven't played it in a long time! Since Bons era.

I haven't listened to kicked in the teeth in quite some time but just played it and agree with you guys that axl singing that could be pretty good. 

Apparently they rehearsed guns for hire with one of the tribute band singers who auditioned- and aside from the cheeky play on words with axl singing it, that might be the one song that would really please us die hard fans. "Flick of the switch", while completely ignored in their set lists since the mid 80s, remains a cult favorite among ACDC fans, probably second only to Powerage. 

• Like 1

1. Rock or Bust

2. Back in Black

3. Hell Aint A Bad Place to Be

4. Thunderstruck

5. Who Made Who

6. Playing with Girls

7. Hells Bells 

8. Whole Lotta Rosie

9. You Shook me All Night Long

10. Sin City 

11. The Razor's Edge 

12. Big Gun

13. Jailbreak

14. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

15. T.N.T.

16. Highway to Hell

17. For Those About to Rock 

Encore:

18. Bedlam in Belgium 

wow there are soooooooooo many acdc songs that are so fucking great and they never play them

this set is my dream set for brian and of course for axl as well

GUNS FOR HIRE has got to be the opening track for this

01. Guns for Hire

02. Back in Black

03. Are You Ready?

04. Girls Got Rhythm

05. If You Dare

06. Dog Eat Dog

07. Goodbye and Good Riddance to Bad Luck

08. Thunderstruck

09. Little Lover

10. Let Me Put My Love Into You

11. It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)

12. You Ain't Got a Hold on Me

13. Shake Your Foundations

14. The Furor

15. C.O.D.

16. Hard as a Rock

17. Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

= encore 1

18. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

19. Rock 'n' Roll Singer

20. For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

= encore 2

21. Touch Too Much

22. Walk All Over You

• Like 1

http://radio.com/2016/04/20/10-songs-acdc-must-play-with-axl-rose/

By Brian Ives

What’s done is done: like it or not, AC/DC has given frontman Brian Johnson his walking papers; Axl Rose is the frontman for the band’s upcoming dates. Without getting too deep into the situation here, we’ll just say that we’re eagerly anticipating seeing what this new incarnation — we’ll call it “Axl DC” — is going to sound like.

Over the years, AC/DC has become a bit predictable. Yes, they’re still one of the greatest rock bands of all time, but they tend to come up with a setlist and stick with it for an entire tour. And Axl Rose? Call him what you want, but the dude isn’t predictable. Here’s hoping that he’ll try to shake up the setlist. Here, then, are ten songs that haven’t been on the setlist of the “Rock or Bust” tour that we hope Axl brings back.

“It’s A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock ‘n’ Roll)” : (1) Axl and the AC/DC guys have both lived this song and (2) it’s one of the best songs ever.

“Live Wire” : “If your lookin’ for trouble/I’m the man to see!” Those lyrics could have been written for Axl. “If you’re looking for satisfaction/There’s satisfaction guaranteed!” We’re hoping that that line applies to the upcoming shows.

“Problem Child” : Axl’s original appeal was how he was able to convey danger and menace in a song. (Remember how you felt the first time you heard “Welcome to the Jungle”?) We’re thinking that Axl could really sink his fangs into “What I want I stash/What I don’t I smash/And you’re on my list/Dead or alive/Got a .45/And I never miss!”

“Ride On” : In the late ’80s, Axl was one of the only hard rock singers able to pull off a heartfelt ballad without sounding like a total sappy wimp. He’s the perfect guy to sing AC/DC’s most mellow tune.

“Jailbreak” : One of AC/DC’s most underrated songs, and one of their most badass ones too. Because we want to hear Axl wail the following lyrics: “Heartbeats – they were ravin’/Freedom – he was chasin’/Spotlights! Sirens! Rifles firing! But he made it out… with a bullet in his back!”

“Riff Raff” : Well, we know Axl can sing this one.

“Night Prowler” : The last song on the last album that AC/DC recorded with Bon Scott; it’s also one of their creepiest (indeed, it was misunderstood and misused by L.A. based serial killer Richard Ramirez)

“Baby Please Don’t Go” : One of AC/DC’s few covers, they recorded this Big Joe Williams classic early on in their career. It’s also been covered by Aerosmith, Van Morrison (when he was in Them) and Ted Nugent’s former band the Amboy Dukes. It’s perfect for Axl.

“Fly on the Wall” : Obviously, any AC/DC show is going to feature “For Those About to Rock (We Salute You”) and a bunch of songs from Back in Black, but Axl would tear it up on the title track to AC/DC’s underrated 1985 album.

“Move to the City”: It would be cool for Angus Young and the boys to nod at the career Axl has built over the past quarter century by playing a Guns N Roses classic. This song pre-dates their debut album, Appetite for Destruction, and was surely influenced by the Aussie rockers.

As long as we get Riff Raff, I'll be happy. It's my favorite AC/DC song and it's only been played live one time since Bon died. The fact that Angus did it with AC/DC bodes well for it's inclusion I think.

Besides that I'd love to hear a couple more songs off Powerage (Fuck it, can they just do the whole album? It was practically written for Axl's voice), but I'm not one of those people who wants them to shy away from the Brian era. I think Axl will sound great on that stuff too, especially after hearing that short rehearsal clip of Shoot To Thrill. Guns For Hire has to be played, given the circumstances. Ideally I think I'd be happy with a 60/40 split on Bon/Brian material. And maybe use this as a chance to drop some of the warhorses; as much as I love gigs ending with FTATR, that is very much a Brain thing IMO. A few people have mentioned Night Prowler as a closer, and I think that'd be great. Ride On would be ironically fitting. At least one or two songs off Rock Or Bust (Even though the tour is no longer really promoting the album) - I think Axl could nail Rock The Blues Away and Miss Adventure. Bring back Moneytalks (This should've already happened when Chris Slade rejoined the band last year!).

If I were going to write a dream Axl/DC setlist, keeping the standard 20 song set, it would probably look something like this:

1. Riff Raff

2. Shoot To Thrill

3. Back In Black

4. If You Want Blood

5. Miss Adventure

6. Thunderstruck

7. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

8. What's Next To The Moon

9. Jailbreak

10. Moneytalks

11. Hells Bells

12. Rock The Blues Away

13. You Shook Me All Night Long

14. Guns For Hire

15. Live Wire

16. TNT

17. Whole Lotta Rosie

18. Let There Be Rock

---

19. Highway To Hell

20. Night Prowler

I think that's a set that would be pretty satisfying to both diehards and casual fans. 

• Like 2