AXL/DC Setlist wishlists

The Archer

28 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

From an AC/DC blog...

Two days ago the band rehearsed in a Lisbon studio for several hours. According to our sources, beside the usual setlist (minus Playball and Baptism By Fire) they rehearsed also these songs, among others:

If You Want Blood
What's Next to the Moon
Gimme a Bullet
Touch Too Much (!!!)

Why, why, why then no Kicked in the Teeth?

46 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

From an AC/DC blog...

Two days ago the band rehearsed in a Lisbon studio for several hours. According to our sources, beside the usual setlist (minus Playball and Baptism By Fire) they rehearsed also these songs, among others:

If You Want Blood
What's Next to the Moon
Gimme a Bullet
Touch Too Much (!!!)

Axl could absolutely fucking obliterate What's Next To The Moon - I hope that one happens.

It seems they're rehearsing more than a single setlist's worth of material. I wonder if Axl has influenced them to have some rotations in the set?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Axl could absolutely fucking obliterate What's Next To The Moon - I hope that one happens.

It seems they're rehearsing more than a single setlist's worth of material. I wonder if Axl has influenced them to have some rotations in the set?

I think they usually rehearse a few extra songs (they did at the beginning of this tour...I believe Dog Eat Dog, Miss Adventure (new song) and one other were on the list). 

I would love to see all four of those songs so hopefully at least one or two make the cut. 

9 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Guys, I really hope they play Back In Black.

Hey, you never know. Remember the last tour when Brian would say "we got something special for ya" and then they would launch into Dirty Deeds. I think you have a shot of hearing back in black, and maybe (maybe!) you shook me all nite long. 

• Like 2

Interesting - Angus talking about how they decided on additions to the setlist. It seems to me that he's quite impressed with Axl's ability to do some of the old songs. This might be heresy but that could be why they haven't changed the setlist around for a long time. I think that Axl's fanboy enthusiasm is just going to mean good things for die-hard AC/DC fans who want to hear some of the golden oldies again.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Archer said:

Interesting - Angus talking about how they decided on additions to the setlist. It seems to me that he's quite impressed with Axl's ability to do some of the old songs. This might be heresy but that could be why they haven't changed the setlist around for a long time. I think that Axl's fanboy enthusiasm is just going to mean good things for die-hard AC/DC fans who want to hear some of the golden oldies again.

Can't speak to how they chose the songs to begin with but the main reason why they never changed the setlist during the Black Ice tour (2008-09) was because Malcolm was beginning to suffer from dementia at that point. Publicly they made some excuses including saying it would be too difficult for the lighting guy to adapt, but that was eventually explained as the real reason. 

I'm hoping that with the addition of Axl maybe Angus is a bit re-energized and willing to change it up, although in fairness even if you go way back in time they were never a band known for changing nightly setlists. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

Can't speak to how they chose the songs to begin with but the main reason why they never changed the setlist during the Black Ice tour (2008-09) was because Malcolm was beginning to suffer from dementia at that point. Publicly they made some excuses including saying it would be too difficult for the lighting guy to adapt, but that was eventually explained as the real reason. 

I'm hoping that with the addition of Axl maybe Angus is a bit re-energized and willing to change it up, although in fairness even if you go way back in time they were never a band known for changing nightly setlists. 

On the topic of setlists, Axl's story about the record company flying a plane with a banner saying 'Play Rock N' Roll Damnation' was just priceless. Epic fanboy moment.

9 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

I don't see much changing night-to-night either, but it's not a bad thing to hope. 

But if I was at an Axl/DC gig and between songs Axl said "We're gonna try something here...", I would absolutely lose my shit.

12 minutes ago, The Archer said:

On the topic of setlists, Axl's story about the record company flying a plane with a banner saying 'Play Rock N' Roll Damnation' was just priceless. Epic fanboy moment.

That was great, and I had never heard that story before Saturday. 

• Like 1

I can only speak for myself, but I've had High Voltage and Rock and Roll Damnation STUCK in my head all day. I have always liked the Bon stuff more than the Brian stuff anyways, but now with axl, I want as much Bon stuff as we can get. I wish they would drop the new songs. 

If I picked the set, I would only do the following Brian songs; thunderstruck, hells bells, shoot to thrill, back in black, you shook me, and maybe rotate 1 more Brian song, like Noise pollutuon, have a drink on me, etc. But that's it, the rest would be the Bon stuff.

I want What's next to the moon, ride on, squealer, gone shootin, girls got a rhythm, the jack, rock and roll singer, problem child, night prowler, I could go on and on.

I love Brian, I do, but Axl brings MORE to AC/DC than Brian has in FOREVER!!! He does the Brain songs extremely well, and the Bon songs have a life to them they haven't had in years.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I can only speak for myself, but I've had High Voltage and Rock and Roll Damnation STUCK in my head all day. I have always liked the Bon stuff more than the Brian stuff anyways, but now with axl, I want as much Bon stuff as we can get. I wish they would drop the new songs. 

If I picked the set, I would only do the following Brian songs; thunderstruck, hells bells, shoot to thrill, back in black, you shook me, and maybe rotate 1 more Brian song, like Noise pollutuon, have a drink on me, etc. But that's it, the rest would be the Bon stuff.

I want What's next to the moon, ride on, squealer, gone shootin, girls got a rhythm, the jack, rock and roll singer, problem child, night prowler, I could go on and on.

I love Brian, I do, but Axl brings MORE to AC/DC than Brian has in FOREVER!!! He does the Brain songs extremely well, and the Bon songs have a life to them they haven't had in years.

Ideally, those songs + FTATR (I think Axl can do a much better job on the last FIRE! and 'WE SALUUUUUTE YOOOOOOUUUU')  are all I would care for hearing too. I'm not a big fan of YSMANL, but removing it would be like removing SCOM - its the most popular AC/DC song. The only good thing for me is that Axl does a great job on it. Anyhow, at the very least, it wouldn't be bad to see some of the Brian era songs mixed up and for the band to throw more of the classic stuff on the set list.

17 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Ya, I forgot FTATR, that's a keeper for sure. But you get my point. Now that Brian is gone, I don't think it's necessary to have his era be quite so strong. Just the hits, cut the fat, that's my opinion.

I think that while most long term AC/DC fans tend to favor the Bon era, for propriety's sake alone, they'll need to keep more than just a few Brian era songs in the set list, in order to not appear disrespectful. But, with factors like Malcolm's dementia and Brian's vocals no longer being a cause for concern in adding some of the earlier big guns to the set, along with Axl's proven ability and interest in singing them, Angus has a pretty strong incentive to add some of the really great classics - if what he said in the 'set-list' themed video interview had even an element of truth to it.

Edited by The Archer

Ride on

What do you do for money honey

who made who

touch too much

Moneytalks

Problem Child

Walk all over you

Come to think of it, can we just have Axl record his vocals over all their songs? Nothing will take away from Brian or Bon, and in no way does that imply I think Axl's version would be better. I just love his voice and after hearing shoot to thrill I feel like I need. It's not just a want anymore haha. 

1 minute ago, Silverburst80 said:

Let me put my love into you

This is one of the best songs Brian ever did and one of the greatest AC/DC songs ever. It's one of the very best on BIB. It would be my number one choice for additions from the Brian era.

• Like 1