Pitman: " I left that band of past hits"

I don't understand how a gag order works if he's out of the band?

Kind of hope the Duff story is true.  He comes across as really mild mannered, but seems to have an edge, not somebody I would mess with.?

Ha, Pitman probably shat himself.

1 hour ago, Bono said:

He is an absolute docuhebag and a flat out liar. He was obviously fired. Also isn't he the asshole who said there's no point in making new music because nobody buys it anymore. Seems this douche was more than willing to leech off the legacy of GnR's past hits while he was in the band but now he's criticizing them for being a nostalgia act? Well then what does that make him? A Never was, never will be act. Fact is Pitman was the most pointless and useless member in the history of Guns N Roses. Tracy and Roberta contributed more than this jackass. 

There should have been Tracy and Roberta statues in the pop-up GN'R museum at the Troubadour.  Legendary status for sure. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I don't understand how a gag order works if he's out of the band?

Kind of hope the Duff story is true.  He comes across as really mild mannered, but seems to have an edge, not somebody I would mess with.?

Ha, Pitman probably shat himself.

what Duff story?

Pitman seemed excited about these shows when they were announced.. something happened.

Might have been a money thing.   He knew a much larger amount of $$$ was to be made here and thought he was entitled to a pay raise..  got pissed off when that was denied and was subsequently replaced by a younger (cheaper) Melissa.

Maybe his dismissal was a compromise with Slash..

I highly doubt he just walked away from the best gig he's ever had. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

People are going to make jokes but this is why Buckethead and Robin left (inability to release new music) and strong contributing factors to why Bumblefoot left.

I wish Pitman all the best. I really enjoyed Lusk and to a lesser extent Sextapes. 

Are there any statements from those guys stating that is why they left?

It could very well have been a factor.   I think Robin left because he got his job back in NIN while GNR was on a break..

I can't really see it being the case for Pitman, though. I mean, he was apparently happy enough to do the regrouping promo video. He promoted Coachella on his social media profile. I presume he knew what the regrouping would be about at that stage.

What happened afterwards, who knows? The odd statements, which looked as though he'd been told off. His removing his ties to the band on social media. I don't know. It seems to me, as an outsider, that there was a fall-out of some kind. But as said, I doubt it was over a lack of new music, considering the above.

Edited by Kittiara

1 hour ago, axl666 said:

What did this guy actually write in GNR? I know he has a song writing credit for Madagascar and If the World.

Did he write all of the music for these songs, or just some of it?

If i recall correctly, he had a good amount of contribution to Silkworms, played the beginning of If the World, and flicked through a couple of sounds until Axl chose the horns for Madagascar.

So... not a whole lot really.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

So let me get this straight,  Mr Pitman. You have too much artistic integrity to continue playing "30 year old hits", (a job that you until quite recently seemed to enjoy) in a band with 3 of rocks biggest names in a much anticipated and arguably historic tour, and your walking away to play with a tool and a puppy in a band no one will ever hear from again. 

Hmmm... sounds legit.

• Like 1