Pitman: " I left that band of past hits"

5 hours ago, CardinalGunner said:

Pitman seemed excited about these shows when they were announced.. something happened.

Might have been a money thing.   He knew a much larger amount of $$$ was to be made here and thought he was entitled to a pay raise..  got pissed off when that was denied and was subsequently replaced by a younger (cheaper) Melissa.

Maybe his dismissal was a compromise with Slash..

I highly doubt he just walked away from the best gig he's ever had. 

This

7 hours ago, Bono said:

He is an absolute docuhebag and a flat out liar. He was obviously fired. Also isn't he the asshole who said there's no point in making new music because nobody buys it anymore. Seems this douche was more than willing to leech off the legacy of GnR's past hits while he was in the band but now he's criticizing them for being a nostalgia act? Well then what does that make him? A Never was, never will be act. Fact is Pitman was the most pointless and useless member in the history of Guns N Roses. Tracy and Roberta contributed more than this jackass. 

Exactly!

He was the only one who flat out hate the fans, new music etc.

Even Tommy Stinson showed interest about making new music, but he said that he doN't really liked this band

Melissa is already better than the old one!!!!

4 hours ago, wasted said:

Everyone left because Axl wouldn't move forward I guess. Slash and Duff are happy to play the old stuff. But even they will get bored in a few years?

I just feel we aren't buying the fact that he played in GnR for 18 odd years (something like that right?) and wouldn't be up for 1 tour with Axl/Slash/Duff/Dizzy. Even if it never moved forward and only became an oldies band - surely you'd do 1 tour of like 30 shows. Yeah its the same old stuff but with the original guys in huge venues and the crowds. They're also still playing CD stuff so its not even that "his" GnR stuff has gone in the skip because the classic-ish line up is back, there's also been heavy rumours of some Studio work (although Im glad they've decided to tour first - get the chops together, share some war stories, spend some time together etc.).

To be honest he'd of been better going for "musical differences" or "personality clash" which is likely to be the real reason he's not there anymore - they didn't like his playing or they just didn't like him. Its hard to get on the high horse when you've been wallowing in the sty for the past 6 months.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Karri said:

Well, Pitman does have a point.  For now it seems like it will be fun for a while and then it's just another lazy oldies but goodies tour. If no albums in sight, this band could be done in 5-7 years, as everybody is getting bored in the band of lack of creativity and hindering it with touring endlessly. and again dont get me wrong, as i said it's fun now. But this can't go on indefinitely. everybody will be fired or will leave out of boredom.

If I were to guess, he stayed with the band because they wanted to record new music and it just never happened. Just more tours off the old stuff. As awesome as it is to see Slash back and hearing him play with Axl again, it's still the same old songs. I can see why he left and hey, if he's happier in his new band, more power to him.

5 hours ago, blackieloveless said:

I left that band of past hits to join this band with NO hits .

Which is what EVERY new band has at the start. NO HITS.

I guess he had been in the band 18 years and maybe he was hoping to put out more of his material. But actually ITW and Madagascar weren't that well received by some GNR fans. He kind of is very CD. Whereas Fortus and Frank have more hard rock credentials. 

I like the Pitman material and would like to hear more, so I have more sympathy for his 18 years and never getting to fly. You'd have be blind to not see how it looks to him. 

We'll have to see if what he saying is wrong or not. Not saying he full of class but he's right from his view. If a new era happens he's wrong and will probably regret what he saying. 

Towels are so CD era. 

I had no issue with Pitman right up until the moment he took shots at our forum. From that moment on, my attitude was "fuck this guy". Then to see him claim he quit instead of being fired just makes him more sad in my book. 

To be honest, I never understood what Axl saw in him. I love industrial rock / electro rock and everything they influenced ( mostly modern hybrid scoring ), these are the genres I listen to most but while the guy may be very tech-saavy and helped Axl in the studio, I always thought his work on CD sounded cheap and dated.

I mean, listen to Chris Pitman and then compare his work to similar guys who are in the cinematic scoring industry, people like Junkie XL, Ola Strandh, Michael McCann...

Listen to this :

or

And then compare that to the Pitman's fart bubbles on Better...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wasted said:

Yeah I think it's more bitterness over the change in direction of the Axl's band. It's a sign that for want of a better word the industrial stuff is left behind. Look at the band, it's a hard rock band. 

Pitman was very much at the heart of the more progressive CD songs. But ITW wasn't a hit. People like the dynamics of Madagascar but it's the keyboard sound they don't. 

So the writing was on the wall. 

He might have wanted to stay but really he doesn't fit. And he's pretty flamboyant with the towels. 

It's really over to Slash and Duff now. There's nothing stopping them now they can record a new towel free record. 

"There's nothing stopping them now they can record a new towel free record"  :lol::headbang:

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1