Pitman: " I left that band of past hits"

On 4/19/2016 at 8:59 AM, Patience 4 Axl said:

Awww, where's the love Pitman used to get on here for all those super funky techno beats people used to gush about?  :question:

Have they  all suddenly become AC/ DC fans?  Well, at least we'll always have Silkworms.  Thanks Pitman.  Thanks a lot. 

The good old days. :lol: 

I always had a soft spot for Pitman. The wobbly keyboard, funny hats and bondage outfits + his entirely questionable value as a band member were fodder for a lot of entertainment here over the years.

The funniest part about him was the air of self-importance he gave off - he really, truly acted as though he were an integral piece of the puzzle. When Eat My Silkworms (a joke fansite) came around, it was hard to tell whether he really understood the whole thing was satirical. To see him so ungracious in his exit is sad - I felt bad for him when it was sour grapes earlier, but it's just laughable at this point.

I get that Melissa won't appeal to a lot of people, and I'll still never understand why we need 2 keyboard players in GN'R - but early impressions are that she is a huge step up from this clown. Happy days.

• Like 4

Man it has to be killing him to be around right until the "big payday" and huge crowds. I don't know what happened, but you can bet it's his own fault he's not on tour with guns. I know a lot of people have come and gone in gnr but how many can say they were fired? most of them left on their own.

On April 21, 2016 at 11:36 AM, The Glow Inc. said:

Funny how Robin Finck or Buckethead, managed to stay classy after their departure (  despite having every reason to be pissed  ) and this guy does while everyone seems to be praising the current tour.

Even bumblefoot has been classy about the whole thing. Figure

• Like 1

Sorry, but for me it's no Pitman = no Gn'R.

Shit, I can't even say that with a straight face. He sure as hell was okay playing the "oldies" hits for 20 years. Had no issue pulling a paycheck.  I'd rather be playing oldies than be a hypocrite.  The guy is a tool and now he works with Danny from Tool. Their band could be called Chris and Danny are tools.

Don't let he door hit you....

On 4/21/2016 at 4:05 PM, janrichmond said:

i never even heard of this guy until i joined the forum:shrugs:i now know he played the towel and had a drink problem.....no loss to anyone really.

Me neither, man...My interest in Guns waned during the Buckethead years after the disastrous '02 tour. The seemingly never ending cattle call of characters become boring. I saw them in '02 in Columbus, and other than Axl and Buckethead I'm damned if I can remember the rest of the lineup.

Always a huge fan of the classic/Illusion lineups and was really pumped to hear Slash and Axl were talking again because of the implications of what might follow. Now that it is in fact, happening, the loss of these kind of goons is no loss whatsoever. I'm somewhat ambiguous about his replacement but she seems enthusiastic and talented and I remind myself that the Illusion tour had additional musicians.:)

I think the original intention of gnr members was not have a 2nd keyboard player, not saying Melissa will not help or add something useful for the band, coz she is very talentend, have a good voice, we can hear her backing voice on wttj, kohd, november rain, etc, but they replace Titman, only to makes him furious, and they choose a woman, to make him more furious, I think he made some bad coments about women on backstage, so this is one the reasons too.  and since the guys are not in drugs or drinking, and titman seems to have some problems with alcohol, this could be another reason too.

Good for Pittman, this band was really holding him back.  Look at everything he accomplished before and since leaving the band.  Not sure if they will survive losing him as he was pretty much the whole show.  Any word on the tour being canceled now that he is out? 

• Like 4

He can call himself a lucky man that there is no rock n roll hall of shame induction...Silkworm, Rhiad, and his cheap sound effects had absolutely nothing to do with the brand "guns n' roses'. Axl is responsible for this lost years primarly, but pitman is one of the guys who supported this madness. Do you think Axl told the lame ass security to ban him from the reunion concerts?