Pitman: " I left that band of past hits"

2 hours ago, wasted said:

Pitman is the scapegoat because he represents everything nostalgia is afraid of. Vote Pitman for Prez 2016. 

He did a foolish thing and came out looking like kind of an asshole. I still enjoy what he did on Chinese to this day and he was fun. I also like Mellisa but what Pitman did in Catcher and also came up with If The World will never be forgotten by me.

She can actually sing though, that comes in handy.

On April 21, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Modano09 said:

He spent 15 years in a band, likely being told that big things were going to happen and listening to how Slash was the devil and this is Guns N'Roses now. Whether you like his contributions or not you can understand why he might feel slighted by all of this.

I don't care that he's gone but if we're supposed to have undying sympathy of Steven Adler we can give the guys that were tossed aside for the reunion a little. 

Great post. 

These guys stuck by Axl's side and were constantly told - just like the fans were - that Axl was going to share new music. 

We've heard similar (but way more professional) statements from both DJ and Bumble about it. The paycheck and exposure were great. But some musicians also want to create music. And one reason they were in GnR was to create with Axl. Axl and The Beta talked about 80 songs and two more albums already being complete. 

Fans on here have complained for years about Axl doing yet another and another and another tour with basically the same set list. 

Now people are bashing Pittman for basically saying the same thing?

The guy was correct and has every right to be bitter. He just went about it in a bit of a bitchy way. 

He could have drawn a lot more sympathy by going about it in a remorseful and disappointed way. "Really bummed to be fired after dedicating the last 15 years of my career to GnR. Worked on approximately 50 new songs with Axl and the band. Gutted that they won't be shared with GnR fans. Understand that the Big Three is where the money is at. But I sure believed Axl when he promised the old band that we would be releasing at least two more albums that we all put our blood, sweat and souls into. But it really is just a business. Inner circle to outer circle as soon as more money is to be made with other players. 

Axl has some great songs in his vault. Hopefully he will share them with the fans some day. 

Thank you fans for the last 15 years. Good luck to the current band."

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 2

On April 21, 2016 at 6:43 AM, cooker said:

Pitman was just using Axl.... I think that is abundantly clear now. 

And Axl wasn't using Pittman, DJ, Frank, Tommy and Fortus?

Axl has released on album of original material in the past 25 years. 

He wasn't using DJ and Bumble to grow and expand the GnR brand. He USED all those guys has traveling musicians so he could continue to grow his own bank account. 

So sure. Pittman used Axl. Just like Axl used Pittman. They used each other to make money. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, luvaxl4ever said:

His leaving is no loss.  Shame he was ever in GNR to begin with.

Dickman never was in the band.  He was a hanger oner with zero talent.   If her were talented he'd go do something.   I'm no fan of any of the Nu guys, but they aren't crying and bitching,, I'll tip my hat to them.  They are (for what I know...which isn't much lol) moving on with life and doing stuff.  This Pitwoman probably sits to pee too. What a d-bag.  

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

He did a foolish thing and came out looking like kind of an asshole. I still enjoy what he did on Chinese to this day and he was fun. I also like Mellisa but what Pitman did in Catcher and also came up with If The World will never be forgotten by me.

She can actually sing though, that comes in handy.

We have to remember that he was really forged in the reflection of Axl's CD persona though. Does it really make sense? 

I still think it's a good thing all round and in terms of mainstream history or story it's success for the big 3, and Axl back from the dead. But it wasn't Pitman's fault that the CD era happened. The 23 year wait is really all down to the big three and their stuff, not the guys who were filling in. It's just easier not to think about that in these fun and exciting times. Any doubts about the validity of this line up as a reunion can be blotted out by some hate for Pitman.

Pitman hasn't said much different to what Izzy has been hinting at? But Izzy is a cladestine rock deity and Pitman is I guess just a master of towels. 

And still now Fortus and Frank get shit. And if they crack and say something they will be the next scapegoat. 

That's why I think just do the full reunion. Then there's no excuses, and no one to blame for lack of records or the set list or whatever new microscopic detail we can find to bitch about. It's kind of like breaking into a bank then hiring some guys to break out when the cops are closing in. The guys you hired aren't going to be that happy. 

But I truly believe Slash and Duff are trying to make things right and Axl wants to make great records and put on great shows. So I hope there is a new record in the future. But why bother when you already the king?

I guess it's fitting Pitman went out in a hail of towels and Reese actually seems beyond criticism, nobody going to really be laying into her that hard. Maybe 18 years and still no record...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

And Axl wasn't using Pittman, DJ, Frank, Tommy and Fortus?

Axl has released on album of original material in the past 25 years. 

He wasn't using DJ and Bumble to grow and expand the GnR brand. He USED all those guys has traveling musicians so he could continue to grow his own bank account. 

So sure. Pittman used Axl. Just like Axl used Pittman. They used each other to make money. 

Axl hired those guys, it was employment. What I mean by Pitman using Axl, an to an extent everyone else hired by Axl. They can build their name off of Guns, Axl is getting now bump in fame or marketing off of any of the individuals in the band. 

I get that Pitman hasn't been the most graceful about his exit (but then again that was a private message I think someone else shared) but he was in the band since 98. And whether you consider him just a towel waver, he is well respected in the music world. Axl didn't bring him on board for no reason. God only knows what kind of bat shit nonesense from axl he's had to endure over the years. And as someone else pointed out Axl held out a carrot over him for years that all this music they worked on for a decade would eventually see the light of day.

I can think of nothing more frustrating than dealing with Axl and his bat shit behaviour for 20 years all the while thinking it would be worth it for the artistic payoff. Now none of those song will see the light of day

chris may be a bad sloppy drunk but I think he deserved much more loyalty from Axl, I think it was pretty cold... although of course I don't know what happened. 

Glad his background vocals are gone though... and truly don't see the need for a second keyboard anyway. lol

• Like 1

In terms of actual talent...not what he did during the shows, because I never figured that shit out and just found him distracting with that silly bouncing keyboard, but in the studio...I will absolutely give him props. He's very good at what he does there, IMHO, and he does have some credentials. Axl hired Pitman and kept him in the band for so long because those contributions were obviously appreciated.

He got let go this year, which had to have been a shock/disappointing/hurtful after so long...but none of us know what precipitated it. They just replaced Pitman with another musician so they didn't cut his spot in the band. Melissa's work on the Chinese Democracy remixes and her ties to Brain and Bucket mean she has some NuGuns connections, too, so it wasn't about getting rid of all reminders of that era. So why was Pitman let go? He's shown a lot of temper/bad attitude on social media this year, and I guess the question becomes, did that precede or follow his termination? Was it because he didn't get on with Slash or Duff? Did they like Melissa from her work on CD and plan on adding her a while ago? Four years ago, Axl was saying he thought Pitman would be the first person out of the band, so there may have been some stuff brewing all along. We don't know.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, stella said:

In terms of actual talent...not what he did during the shows, because I never figured that shit out and just found him distracting with that silly bouncing keyboard, but in the studio...I will absolutely give him props. He's very good at what he does there, IMHO, and he does have some credentials. Axl hired Pitman and kept him in the band for so long because those contributions were obviously appreciated.

He got let go this year, which had to have been a shock/disappointing/hurtful after so long...but none of us know what precipitated it. They just replaced Pitman with another musician so they didn't cut his spot in the band. Melissa's work on the Chinese Democracy remixes and her ties to Brain and Bucket mean she has some NuGuns connections, too, so it wasn't about getting rid of all reminders of that era. So why was Pitman let go? He's shown a lot of temper/bad attitude on social media this year, and I guess the question becomes, did that precede or follow his termination? Was it because he didn't get on with Slash or Duff? Did they like Melissa from her work on CD and plan on adding her a while ago? Four years ago, Axl was saying he thought Pitman would be the first person out of the band, so there may have been some stuff brewing all along. We don't know.

When did axl say that about chris? 

Just now, Billsfan said:

He clearly meant that more jokingly than anything. I'm sorry but you don't qualify for the mygnr CSI team

Don't think I asked for your approval. Nope, didn't.

And regardless, that's the first name that popped up for him.

• Like 1

At Glasgow 2012 he was watching Thin Lizzy when they were playing and you could tell he was really into it. I talked to him about it after the gig and he said "Man, those '70s bands are just the best", so obviously he doesn't hate all old music. But on the other side he mentioned in an interview about the importance to an artist in constantly creating new things, and him and Axl were in the studio together in mid-2015. He was on board as far as creating the promo for the latest tour that was shown before The Force Awakens.

So I guess his bugbear was being told to be quiet regarding the tour? I guess he took it personally as he saw it as him being sidelined as the focus was on returning older members? I dunno, seems a tad delusional to think that Slash and Duff wouldn't be the focus of this tour.

I like his work on ChiDem, but from what little we've heard from Melissa she's pretty talented, too. Will be curious if Pitman will be included on any future releases.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stella said:

Don't think I asked for your approval. Nope, didn't.

And regardless, that's the first name that popped up for him.

Don't care if you did. Sorry, just felt the need to remind you that you posted something stupid. 

4 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Don't care if you did. Sorry, just felt the need to remind you that you posted something stupid. 

No, I actually didn't. You, however, have behaved like an immature dudebro because you've "felt the need" to slam someone else's post and refer to it as stupid because you don't agree with it. The only thing I have been reminded of is that I really should have just put you on 'ignore' after your post, because your opinion means nothing. Hey, better late than never.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stella said:

No, I actually didn't. You, however, have behaved like an immature dudebro because you've "felt the need" to slam someone else's post and refer to it as stupid because you don't agree with it. The only thing I have been reminded of is that I really should have just put you on 'ignore' after your post, because your opinion means nothing. Hey, better late than never.

It was slight sarcasm friend. The mygnr CSI thing is an inside joke mygnrforum members have. Perhaps you'd know that if you posted enough to pay attention. Also, feel free to put me on ignore. But it won't stop others from pointing out your stupidity when needed. 

You over analyzed a situation by a mile. You lose, you get nothing. Good day sir:lol:

Edited by Billsfan