Pitman: " I left that band of past hits"

1461002234.jpg

Former keyboardist & programmer of GUNS N 'ROSES, CHRIS PITMAN, explained his absence from the current tour and the formation of the group in which he was replaced by MELISSA REESE.

After a tweet truly controversial earlier this year, where Pitman had classified the return of Duff McKagan and Slash for a tour as 'contract to start a change', the musician public eye disappeared - as well as its tweet, which he attributed to a drinking binge.

At dawn today, posting in response to a Chilean forum dedicated to GN'R, Pitman explained his situation:

'Hello Brother! I have been out of Facebook for a while, but I gave up the band's past successes, they just want to repeat this stuff 30 years ago again, it's boring.

'But now, I have a brilliant new band with Danny [Carey] of TOOL and Matthew [Setzer] of SKINNY PUPPY ... and we are very excited! I hope you're well. '

Pitman joined GUNS N 'ROSES in 1998 and was employed in the group until February.

http://whiplash.net/materias/news_792/241887-gunsnroses.html

so he quit and Melissa was the replacement? or he was fired and Melissa was the replacement, if he is bitching about being fired and than having a girl as a replacement I can understand, but him deciding he is big part of the band and he did not like the direction it was going and than complaining is pretty delusional of him considering how un-important he was to the band

2 minutes ago, k12 said:

so he quit and Melissa was the replacement? or he was fired and Melissa was the replacement, if he is bitching about being fired and than having a girl as a replacement I can understand, but him deciding he is big part of the band and he did not like the direction it was going and than complaining is pretty delusional of him considering how un-important he was to the band

He's trying to claim he quit because this band is a nostalgia act. Which is funny considering he never complained about it over the last 20 years he was in GNR. So It's pretty clear he got fired. Which is why you need to take gag orders seriously..

Edited by Billsfan

He's older than Axl, Slash and Duff. They don't need to have new hits in their 50s whereas he's still waiting for his first after 20 years of profiting from theirs.

Whether he was sacked or quit doesn't matter. He was unlikeable and useless before he started mouthing off and he's unlikeable and useless now.

• Like 2