Interviews + Media reactions to AXL/DC, good and bad

The Archer

Phil Rudd had an heart attack, and feeling well now. Uk and Europe tour planned for next year.

Britton told the Bay of Plenty Times Rudd would visit the UK and Europe in October and visit Sir Paul McCartney's charity, the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts, to give a masterclass to students.

A tour is planned in the UK and Europe in 2017 in which Britton said Rudd and his band would likely play at all the key European festivals in 2017.

Rudd said he would not rule out a return to AC/DC but said for now he was focusing on his own music with "Badge and Spence.''

"If Angus wanted me to play then that is up to him... but I don't really want to play with Axl Rose... I don't really rate him."

"Geoffrey [Spencer] is a great guitarist, just as good as Malcolm, better than if you ask me."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11701697&ref=NZH_Tw

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Cool video. I never realized Slade came up with the idea for the side bass drums specifically before the Thunderstruck video, I thought he had been doing that since before he joined AC/DC.

There's a Brazilian interview with Slade from 2012 where he talks about it more. Quite ingenious and it's such a part of his image now. 

• Like 1

I think the open position hi-hat was something he started doing for AC/DC as well. I remember his son Jack mentioning he uses it for better stamina, and we all know there's some damn steady eighth notes throughout the entire set! Funny thing is he doesn't seem to be using it much this tour except for Let There Be Rock.

• Like 1