The Real Story Behind The Guns N' Roses Reunion (Daily Mail, UK Newspaper)

Was it not all the late starts, squandering of millions of dollars (videos, curfews, parties, extra musicians, assistants) and then the rejection of the music that later became Snakepit that broke the band up. I think all the money stuff came later after the break up, with Axl blocking usage in movies etc.

Interesting read.

I didn't know about James Franco wanting to direct that project. The rest looks like it was all old news. Good read for joe sixpack who doesn't care to keep up with all the ins and outs of the band. The headline teased me into thinking there would be some revelation in the article. :max:

"When Axl was venting about Slash, Duff was able to help him see things through Slash's eyes."

This is what I was hoping for ever since Duff started hanging out with Axl again.

"Duff was somehow able to finagle Slash to sign off on that. Soon after that Axl signed off on one for Slash for Live at the Roxy. That was a sign of some kind of truce."

Sometimes all it takes is for someone to take the first step into the right direction. Good on Duff for convincing Slash to be the bigger man.

All hail King Duff! :heart:

• Like 2

Franco directing?

Hopefully just executive producing. He directs indie type movies. I don't know if he has the je ne se quoi or the visual style to do a mean Appetite film.

I hope he doesn't cast himself, either. While a fine actor, I want my GN'R film headlined by unknowns who can really inhabit the skin of the famous five.

21 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

Franco directing?

Hopefully just executive producing. He directs indie type movies. I don't know if he has the je ne se quoi or the visual style to do a mean Appetite film.

I hope he doesn't cast himself, either. While a fine actor, I want my GN'R film headlined by unknowns who can really inhabit the skin of the famous five.

An indie type movie is exactly what should be done. Less censorship, less glossy storytelling, etc. Also fits the band's existence at the time. They were not mega stars, they were a sleazy gang of rockers who were living like bums. I completely agree with you on the casting though. No star actors should be involved for the main parts.

• Like 1