3 big things wrong with the reunion tour

Frozen Inferno

I've been following this band since before Merck mercadius was the manager of the band so I know what im talking about here.... :

1. No velvet revolver songs? It's like they're pretending the vr era never happened.

2. Axl hasn't dressed like axl since 2007. and jesus,  That man hates dieting. Someone needs to change his philosophy on healthy and wellness.

3. No new unheard songs. No Band interviews. Or special appearances from the people who were a major part of the band who kept it alive (Fink, bucket, Sorum).

I know the tour has just started, but if they don't do this in the u.s. Ima be very disappointed.

I'm sure this is a hooray for tolerance! thread

1. VR wasn't GNR. Not even legally, and neither SLash nor Duff or Matt advertised them as GNR

2. In my opinion Axl never dresssed so well (maybe in 2006 but that was an exception)

Doesn't matter, only his voice matters

3. You have a legit point, although Izzy or Adler would make more sense than Bucket or Finck or Josh Freese or Brain or even Sorum or Gilby

but still

This thread seems like trolling espeically if you consider VR as GNR and you stated that you followed this band long enough to know what you're talking about

No, you're not, bro

Edited by Strange Broue

Just now, Frozen Inferno said:

It's vr + nu gnr + Melissa reese.So it doesnt make sense to not play vr hits.

Axl sporting cornrows and oversized jerseys is axl. 

Axl wearing indiana Jones is not axl. 

I dunno, I would rather have more old GNR songs than VR songs in the set

47 minutes ago, Frozen Inferno said:

I've been following this band since before Merck mercadius was the manager of the band so I know what im talking about here.... :

1. No velvet revolver songs? It's like they're pretending the vr era never happened.

2. Axl hasn't dressed like axl since 2007. and jesus,  That man hates dieting. Someone needs to change his philosophy on healthy and wellness.

3. No new unheard songs. No Band interviews. Or special appearances from the people who were a major part of the band who kept it alive (Fink, bucket, Sorum).

I know the tour has just started, but if they don't do this in the u.s. Ima be very disappointed.

1- No VR songs. No Sorum weiland or kushner. And not GNR by technicality. Sorry but no. No, no, no!

2- whoa easy there Versace!  Axl is dressing fine. I can't believe this is even a point.

3- can't argue this point. You win. No question. 

55 minutes ago, Frozen Inferno said:

1 - Velvet Revolver isn't Guns N' Roses. There really is no reason why they should be playing Velvet Revolver stuff, especially since they already do a lot of covers.

2 - If you take a look at some of the clothes he is wearing in this tour, they hark back to the old days. From the white GN'R jacket he wore in the Paradise City film clip, to the skeleton jacket.

3 - Right now, the tour is focusing on Axl, Slash and Duff. To that extent, and in the eyes of many, there is no need for new songs or guest appearances by former members right now.

Axl's wardrobe is on point, man! The only thing I'd ditch is the oversized hats.

The jungle outfit he wears is the best, with the aviators.... And his hair is looking good.

I figure once his foot heals he'll shed 10 pounds if his intensity keeps up. Then he'll be looking killer ("all things considered" -Slash).

I think duff and slash material including VR should be fair game but I won't lose sleep over it.... The most exciting thing is when they differentiate it from the UYI tour... So Think About You, Beggars Hangers On... The intro to Get in the Ring... You ain't the first....The Garden... You're crazy... Anything goes... They should be mining that shit and drop LALD/KOHD.

Edited by Ant

6 hours ago, Frozen Inferno said:

No velvet revolver songs? It's like they're pretending the vr era never happened.

do you know what slash, matt and duff think about axl singing VR songs ? 

if you know the history the band was formed after them 3 walked out of GNR because they couldnt tolerate axl any longer.

take into account matt is'nt happy about not being in the reunion. 

i think if axl suggested stepping into scotts shoes and singing VR songs them 3(especially matt) would be furious.

The bad,

- No Izzy or Adler, let alone Gilby or Matt if the latter two cannot make it, thus it isn't really a proper reunion and lacks swagger.

- Frank and Fortus would suggest a Slash and Duff bending over to nugnr, and a second keyboardist is useless.

- No new songs; a couple of new ones would have given it a bit of artistry

- Shamelessly corporate: overpriced ticketing; VIP 'Prawn Sandwich' wallet destroying packages; merchandise pricing which would make Gene Simmons blush with embarrassment.

- Chinese Democracy songs stinking the place out. At least Slash's solos go far in redeeming these.

- Too many covers

The good,

- Axl and Slash onstage. These two separated are basically shite. Stick them together and its magic. These two should never play separated from one and another. They need each other.

- The Troubador gig was a stroke of genius.

- Axl's voice, although still not achieving its optimum quality, is better than it has been since 2010, and seems to be improving. His enthusiasm, even stuck on that chair, seems at its highest since, well, 1993. (There were times during 2011-14 when he looked sort of stoned and like a puppet being wheeled out on stage and operated by somebody else; now he is back).

- Axl has ditched the David Crosby look and seems to have lost a pound or two.

- Double Talkin' Jive and Coma, the latter a genuine 'deep cut', included at the earliest opportunity - a few more of these across the tour please?

- Pitman sacked. It did seem at one stage that he would be included which would have been annoying to put it mildly!!

• Like 3

Izzy and Adler not being part of this is a pitty. But that may change in the future. The wrong thing here is that songs like My Michelle, Don't Cry, Patience and now also Coma got the worst part of this deal. They get dropped in other to make room for CD songs. I think it should be the other way around

7 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

1 - Velvet Revolver isn't Guns N' Roses. There really is no reason why they should be playing Velvet Revolver stuff, especially since they already do a lot of covers.

2 - If you take a look at some of the clothes he is wearing in this tour, they hark back to the old days. From the white GN'R jacket he wore in the Paradise City film clip, to the skeleton jacket.

3 - Right now, the tour is focusing on Axl, Slash and Duff. To that extent, and in the eyes of many, there is no need for new songs or guest appearances by former members right now.

Vanessa posted a pic of herself standing next to Axls clothes rack and a 90s Civil War type jacket was hanging there :)

Based on the second Mexican show, there is actually the same number of Chinese Democracy songs, four, as there are from both Use Your Illusion 1 and Use Your Illusion 2 (considered separately). Slash and Duff are really taking a nugnr cock up the arse here. The Ginger's ultimate revenge I suppose, forcing Slash to play the turds he rejected in 1994. Further, Including jams and solo spots, 28% of the setlist comprises covers. So to conclude, if you dislike cover songs and are one (of the many) who dislike Chinese Democracy, 44% of the current setlist is going to be of little interest - factoring out the jams and solos, this percentage reduces to a still sizable 32%!

32% of the setlist, covers and Chinese songs. Quite a statistic!

PS

Yes I had fifteen minutes to waste.

1) Too many covers

2) Axl's attire of hats and studded jackets. The outfit he wears in the beginning of the show is what should stay for the whole show (with little variations): plain black leather jacket, cool shirt, Amiri jeans, no bandana, no hats, only shades or clean face.

3) Slash and Axl interaction is very poor so far. Duff is the only one who truly and really cares about Axl, even in his situation stuck to the throne, Duff comes close to Axl and talks to him or motivates him. Slash ignores Axl.

if these are the biggest things wrong then i guess everything is going fantastic

the only one that is even a real issue is half of #3 and its still very early so hold your horses a while longer on new music. interviews for sure should have been done already...i don't know what this silence thing is all about

Edited by -W.A.R-

• 4 weeks later...