Axl Rose gifts personalized tour jackets

On April 24, 2016 at 9:15 PM, Tom2112 said:

It's a simple case of "that's my band! NOT yours!" wah, wah! GnR fans should have prepared themselves for this, GnR are THE band right now. Not saying they are now as credible (or anything like that) as they were in their day, but, they have a lot of buzz and that brings out the celebs.

Who cares! let's just enjoy the circus, because it won't last! and soon they'll be flocking like sheep to the next big thing. I know that I'm a huge fan, you know you are! that's all that matters. Does Kylie Jenner wearing a gnr T-shirt undo any of that? if it does, I don't know what to tell you, but I couldn't give a shit what she wears (well, that's not entirely true ;), I'm a dirty old man:axl:).

Great post

Edited by Apollo

True anyone can wear any shirt they want, but they will or at least should feel pretty stupid if someone tries to strike up a conversation about the shirt they're wearing and they have to say I don't really know much about the band. I've had to do that before and I have felt dumb. Never a band that I've like never heard but maybe I like and know just one album a lot or something.

Thats just your own personal insecurity though isn't it?  Whats wrong with just saying 'i just think it's a nice t shirt', why does that lower you as a human being, to have an asthetic appreciation for a design?  You can't even rightly call them a poser because if you don't know the band or anything about them, if you know literally nothing and you're wearing it for the aesthetic beauty then you're kinda the opposite of a poser right?  A poser would be knowing that Guns n Roses are a band who have some kinda cool appeal and latching onto that, YOU"RE presuming they're posers (not you personally, I'm talking about the person whoose post up there said that shit) and the reason you're presuming that is because your mind is wired to assess things in that way, is 'x' a poser or are they...what, actually cool?  Surely thats exactly the superficial cliquey poser shit that you're arguing against? 

And for the sake of argument, how less of a poser is someone that wears a t shirt just to look cool as opposed to someone who dictates that you have to know 'x' before you qualify as cool.  It's all bullshit, isn't it, end of the day?  Consider this as a notion.  Da Yoof, the kids, fans of music etc, whoever, all arguing over which bit makes you cool etc, knowing about the band, wearing the right t shirt, being the right person to wear the right T shirt, consider this a notion.  Most the rest of the world find you ridiculous.  All of you, as a general rule, ridiculous.  Stupid even :lol:  They laugh at that shit, spend some time around your average blue collar person, a builder, a cabbie, a roofer, a bricklayer, a plumber, average people down the pub...they think it's a complete joke.  Some people even go so far as to think band t shirts per se are thoroughly ridiculous.  You're basically wearing something because you want people that walk past you in the street to know that you like a particular kind of music, to give a certain impression of yourself...a great many think that in and of itself is as poseurish and it's pretty well reasoned a a consideration.

Why would a young middle class youth, someone in the suburbs living with their Mum and Dad, or even just your average young adult, want to wear a t shirt that explains to the world that they like a sleazy street rock n roll band from LA in the late 80s, what image of themselves are they trying to project here?  And how, in turn, do you think that looks like to a person walking by you who can tell just by looking at you that you're a well bought up middle class youth? :lol:

So yeah, before you go about marginalising people based on your own criteria of cool it might be worth considering how many out there perhaps think that you're a complete cunt :lol:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Thats just your own personal insecurity though isn't it?  Whats wrong with just saying 'i just think it's a nice t shirt', why does that lower you as a human being, to have an asthetic appreciation for a design?  You can't even rightly call them a poser because if you don't know the band or anything about them, if you know literally nothing and you're wearing it for the aesthetic beauty then you're kinda the opposite of a poser right?  A poser would be knowing that Guns n Roses are a band who have some kinda cool appeal and latching onto that, YOU"RE presuming they're posers (not you personally, I'm talking about the person whoose post up there said that shit) and the reason you're presuming that is because your mind is wired to assess things in that way, is 'x' a poser or are they...what, actually cool?  Surely thats exactly the superficial cliquey poser shit that you're arguing against? 

And for the sake of argument, how less of a poser is someone that wears a t shirt just to look cool as opposed to someone who dictates that you have to know 'x' before you qualify as cool.  It's all bullshit, isn't it, end of the day?  Consider this as a notion.  Da Yoof, the kids, fans of music etc, whoever, all arguing over which bit makes you cool etc, knowing about the band, wearing the right t shirt, being the right person to wear the right T shirt, consider this a notion.  Most the rest of the world find you ridiculous.  All of you, as a general rule, ridiculous.  Stupid even :lol:  They laugh at that shit, spend some time around your average blue collar person, a builder, a cabbie, a roofer, a bricklayer, a plumber, average people down the pub...they think it's a complete joke.  Some people even go so far as to think band t shirts per se are thoroughly ridiculous.  You're basically wearing something because you want people that walk past you in the street to know that you like a particular kind of music, to give a certain impression of yourself...a great many think that in and of itself is as poseurish and it's pretty well reasoned a a consideration.

Why would a young middle class youth, someone in the suburbs living with their Mum and Dad, or even just your average young adult, want to wear a t shirt that explains to the world that they like a sleazy street rock n roll band from LA in the late 80s, what image of themselves are they trying to project here?  And how, in turn, do you think that looks like to a person walking by you who can tell just by looking at you that you're a well bought up middle class youth? :lol:

So yeah, before you go about marginalising people based on your own criteria of cool it might be worth considering how many out there perhaps think that you're a complete cunt :lol:

One of the great things about t-shirts it's that you can wear irony and sarcasm. Sometimes it's a joke, like this:

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/there-are-two-people-fucking-on-the-back-of-my-shirt/

And sometimes a gorgeous girl wants to wear that fucking bullet logo from a band she don't know shit about.

When ppl get offended by this it's fucking hilarious.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On April 26, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Len B'stard said:

Exactly. 

On 4/26/2016 at 11:34 AM, Len B'stard said:

A lot of the blue collars cut those hundred dollar "vintage" t-shirts into rags years ago.