Richard a bit overbearing?

7 hours ago, The Glow Inc. said:

You'd rather have Gilby Clarke back ?

Really ? Cool guy but probably the worst guitarist the band has ever had...

Remember when he said that having him and Slash together wouldn't work in the long run because he is a lead player too ? What a joke...

You can find a shitty performance from anyone.. Should we start digging up all the pitiful Axl performances? Gilby was awesome in Guns N' Roses.. End of story.. No one complained about him back in the day because he did a great job... Those 93 bootlegs are incredible.. He also sounded great at the R&RHOF..

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I REALLY miss Gilby:(

Ok this really starts to be big nostalgia shit, of course we want Izzy back because he was soul of this band, but fucking Gilby isn't much better that Richard.

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

There really isn't. That is one of the biggest turn ons about music.. He brings you back to certain places and times in your life..

Yes, listening to Appetite transports me back to another time. I love that. But seeing this hybrid lineup of old men playing an assorted set of various music, doesn't. It doesn't much resemble the band I fell in love with. The only thing that is intact some of the DNA and one top hat. Nah, better move forward than half-assed attempts at ressurecting the past. They had a brilliant opportunity with the Trubadour gig: The right place, the museum that started the day and helped set the tone for what was to happen, an intimate small gig just like when the band was as its best...and they did it only halfway. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2016 at 7:18 PM, moreblack said:

That's probably part of the issue for Axl, he always wanted someone who could put more energy into the shows. Weren't they talking about cutting his pay on the UYI tour for not moving around enough?

Izzy doesn't need to move. He has more than enough presence when he stands still. What type of band has all of the members jumping around like monkeys?? A shit one. 

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 3

Richard is fantastic. Definitely the best bit about NuGNR 2004 onwards.

With izzy not being part of the reunion, I'm so glad that it is Richard filling the spot. I think his playing is really putting the pressure on Slash to up his game!

A bit off topic to the discussion going on... but I couldnt help but think Richard is like a Maiden's Janick Gers lol 

Maybe he's getting a lesson or two with him. 

Edited by default_

In your classic two guitar band, one guitar is the lead and the other steps way back as the rhythm guitarist. 4tus hasn't realized NO ONE is there to see him. It didn't matter in NuGNR b/c there was no Slash and lines were blurred. NOW, there is no blurring of lines....Slash is the lead...there should be a quiet, non-dynamic rhythm player...who is just in the background, providing a landscape for Slash to play over, simply playing chords in a reserved manner. 

Instead, 4tus is acting like he is now the lead or sharing the lead, and it just doesn't work and Slash obviously feels this. Slash has no interest in competing with 4tus for the guitar limelight - he doesn't have to, he is Slash!!

This could wind up being a big problem if 4tus doesn't step back real fast. Again, NO ONE wants to see or hear 4tus. Gilby knew the role to play - 4tus doesn't. It's not working and probably won't get better.

4tus is a poser who doesn't understand his new role. Slash doesn't need to compete with him, but 4tus is forcing the issue. NO CHEMISTRY here, its plain and obvious. 4tus won't force Slash to "up his game", ala Axl's plan with with Zack in the 90s. 4tus is just messing up what the fans want - a free and happy Slash taking over his rightful role as the lead guitarist of his band, GNR. 

• Like 2

On 23.04.2016. at 10:09 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Slash and Gilby had chemistry from the beginning.. Listen to the Double Talking Jive intros and stuff from back then, they were great.. Those acoustics sets and the jams before Paradise City and You're Crazy in 93.. They played great together.. Watching Slash play with this band makes it look he stepped back.. Watching him try to jam out on songs like KOHD, Rocket Queen and the end of KOHD is painful with the current band. He just can't find it's groove.. I just don't thing Slash and Fortus are cut from the same cloth and it shows.

speaking of jamming...

That Slash n Izzy  Dead horse jam from Rock in Rio....Legendary, EPIC!

But yaah---UYI tour was full of jams, VR also had killer jams. seems like Fartus is the only guy on the planet Slash can't jam with.

Edited by shotsfired cro

On 4/24/2016 at 0:23 AM, W 23 Axl III said:

In your classic two guitar band, one guitar is the lead and the other steps way back as the rhythm guitarist. 4tus hasn't realized NO ONE is there to see him. It didn't matter in NuGNR b/c there was no Slash and lines were blurred. NOW, there is no blurring of lines....Slash is the lead...there should be a quiet, non-dynamic rhythm player...who is just in the background, providing a landscape for Slash to play over, simply playing chords in a reserved manner. 

Instead, 4tus is acting like he is now the lead or sharing the lead, and it just doesn't work and Slash obviously feels this. Slash has no interest in competing with 4tus for the guitar limelight - he doesn't have to, he is Slash!!

This could wind up being a big problem if 4tus doesn't step back real fast. Again, NO ONE wants to see or hear 4tus. Gilby knew the role to play - 4tus doesn't. It's not working and probably won't get better.

4tus is a poser who doesn't understand his new role. Slash doesn't need to compete with him, but 4tus is forcing the issue. NO CHEMISTRY here, its plain and obvious. 4tus won't force Slash to "up his game", ala Axl's plan with with Zack in the 90s. 4tus is just messing up what the fans want - a free and happy Slash taking over his rightful role as the lead guitarist of his band, GNR. 

You've never heard of The Rolling Stones, have you?

LOL Now that the "troublesome" members have left the Guns nest we now turn our attention to the next guy on the roster- Richard. The same Richard who's been doing what he does the entire time he was in the band being an awesome player with great stage presence and enthusiasm. It's apparently criminal to give a shit about the show now. 

There's no pleasing you guys.

• Like 4

On 24.04.2016 г. at 7:23 AM, W 23 Axl III said:

Hey man, look there is one who will go to see Richard and i'm sure i'm not the only one. It looks like you really don't respect other people point of view?! You really know what you are talking about, right? I fully disagree with you. When you write this kind of posts please speak for yourself only! As a guitar player i will go to see them all. Slash and Richard are both really, really good guitar players and as far as i know Slash asked Richard to play with him before. So... yeah, he's good and also very versatile and doesn't need to step back at all. The overall sound of the show depends mostly on the mixing engineer, his hands are on the slides for every instrument in the band during the show and usually the mix that people in the crowd hear is different from the mix that is in their in-ear monitors.