Prince 1958 - 2016

HeartbreakerWoman

33 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

I think Prince would have had a trust set up so the money from his music would continue to go to some of the causes he believed in. I'm surprised no one's asked Larry Graham about a will though because Prince's conversion to JW tied heavily into their friendship and he was someone he heavily confided in. It seems like his sister is doing the right thing so the business can stay operational.

There's no money in it unless the songs are being licensed out and they figure out what to do next, like does Cirque de Soleil do a Prince-themed show now? There's enough of a catalog and concept based on the imagery in his videos, tours and albums to be able to make it happen. I'm sure he had to have been approached, but probably because he was still out there performing, didn't want to give consent to it until he was done touring, or he would have wanted them to use completely new music he made just for the show. 

That's been a huge moneymaker for The Beatles and Michael Jackson's estate. 

My buddy mentioned a Cirque show and I think that would be a GREAT idea. Like you said, there's enough music and imagery to lend itself very well to any concept they'd want to do.

In other news; I just bought tickets to see Purple Rain in a theater tonight. I never got to see it in theaters as a kid, so I'm looking forward to the experience.

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

In other news; I just bought tickets to see Purple Rain in a theater tonight. I never got to see it in theaters as a kid, so I'm looking forward to the experience.

I'm going to see it in theaters Saturday.  I watched it over the weekend but I"m sure it'll be better on the big screen!

People are talking drug overdose, but from prescription drugs. I hope not. I'm sick and tired of losing amazing people to drugs which doctors keep giving them.

Prince said he had hundreds of unreleased songs and that someone would release them. I'm sure Prince's music will live on forever and now there is still more new music to look forward to.

Since Prince wrote songs for other artists, I'm sure there are plenty of musicians who would love to record some of his unreleased songs.

I just wish his family peace and hope Prince and all of us go to a better place when we die.

First time I heard Prince was on Hits 7 compilation, U Got the Look.

The Batman soundtrack is the only one I ever bought. That's a genius album. 

I want to get Sign O The Times. Oh I also bought Emancipation and Diamonds and Pearls. 

3 hours ago, wasted said:

First time I heard Prince was on Hits 7 compilation, U Got the Look.

The Batman soundtrack is the only one I ever bought. That's a genius album. 

I want to get Sign O The Times. Oh I also bought Emancipation and Diamonds and Pearls. 

I just spun the Batman Soundtrack straight through last night. In a sea of under rated material, that and Around The World In A Day really stick out as albums that more people should know about.

You would think one of his high priced lawyers would have told Prince to make a will. It doesn't matter how old you are, death can come at any time. Prince was worth millions, it doesn't make sense not to have a will to help to make it easier on the ones left behind. This way you know how you want your possessions divided up or go to charity or whatever! Without a will, someone always gets screwed and it's not right.

Also saw Dr. Drew on CNN today. he thinks Prince might have been on pain pills and trying to get off them, so insomnia is a huge side effect while trying to kick this habit. he thinks someone gave Prince a sleeping pill and with pain pills, it can stop your heart. Dr. Drew thinks this is most probably Prince's cause of death. What a Shame. I understand how insomnia can make you crazy. it's lousy when you can't sleep for one or two nights, but when it goes on for days or even weeks, it can make a person crazy.

Whatever the reason for Prince's death, it's still a shame, but I hope he will be remembered for his music and all the other wonderful things he's done in his life.

Until the toxicology report comes out, I just think he had the mind of an 18 year old in the body of an 80 year old and should have started pacing himself better. It's possible with his history of losing track of time he may have overdone the pills, but investigators will probably figure out pretty fast if he had a drug history.

I think he was too humiliated to admit to having any kind of drug problem, but someone who can pay for their privacy, when they're dead, all bets are off.

If you look at Sinead O'Connor's Facebook, she's accusing Arsenio Hall of supplying drugs to Prince years ago, yeah I know she's crazy and paranoid but it's definitely possible he was an enabler. 

2 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Gene Simmons is being a cunt for relevancy; at least Paul has the balls to call him out on it

As a diehard Kiss fan, Gene Simmons just pisses me off with all his comments!

I agree, I thought it was cool Paul called him out, he deserves it.

• Like 1