Prince 1958 - 2016

HeartbreakerWoman

10 minutes ago, HeartbreakerWoman said:

I wonder if he had the same thing that killed Jim Henson. Jim had only flu-like symptoms until he was literally dying...Maybe the same case here? Like a more serious illness misdiagnosed as just being the flu?

There are so many new and strange viruses around as of late.

I just hope he didn't suffer.

13 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

It's ridiculous; when Michael Jackson died you couldn't turn on the TV for a month without it being about him, but Prince has passed away and it is literally "And in other news the singer Prince has died. He was 57. Now, over to the sport"

Not true.

CNN has wall-to-wall coverage of Prince. And even CNBC - which is a financial news channel that I have on 24/7 - has been talking about Prince steadily since the news broke. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, madison said:

Not true.

CNN has wall-to-wall coverage of Prince. And even CNBC - which is a financial news channel that I have on 24/7 - has been talking about Prince steadily since the news broke. 

That may be the case where you are, but is not the case for everyone.

Just now, PappyTron said:

That may be the case where you are, but is not the case for everyone.

You don't get CNN?  I thought it was broadcast around the world. 

Right now, they're talking to people who attended his last concert last week. 

Just now, madison said:

You don't get CNN?  I thought it was broadcast around the world. 

Right now, they're talking to people who attended his last concert last week. 

It isn't on BBC Worldwide other than in passing, but Jacko's death was continuous, on a rolling update.

5 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

It isn't on BBC Worldwide other than in passing, but Jacko's death was continuous, on a rolling update.

Sorry to hear that. :(

You have to come here to the U.S., where we honor the great ones when they pass. 

We have great coverage of Prince here, especially on CNN. 

Just now, madison said:

Sorry to hear that. :(

You have to come here to the U.S., where we honor the great ones when they pass. 

We have great coverage of Prince here, especially on CNN. 

I don't even have a TV in my American house, mainly because of all of the crap television. :lol:

Is there any hint as to what did Prince in? I know that they are sticking to the flu, but nothing more than that? I wonder whether his being a Jehovah's Witness played any part in anything?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Towelie said:

It ain't a competition.

You're missing the point that I was making. I was simply saying that I would have thought that someone as important in the history of music as Prince was would have received more coverage than just a footnote at the end of the news.

Sad news. Ever the eccentric singer/song writer/producer; with tales of him doing concerts completely in the dark, recording for hours in a studio laying down unbelievable tracks only to have them deleted, showing up to jam out of the blue or put on a show last minute... 

I always felt that he had a hard time coming to grips with how the music industry model changed and clearly was rebelling against it, perhaps not in the best ways possible.

RIP