What direction do you want Guns to take (if they do new music?)

This lineup, is in my opinion, a powerhouse, and I think it'd be a waste if they passed up the chance they have to make at least 1, 2 new songs if not a full album...
That said, if they were to make new music, what's the kind of stuff you want to here?
I'd like to hear some fusion of Slash's solo work with Axl's more experimental direction at least on one song. Something akin to Led Zeppelin's Caroselambra...A meeting in the middle. I'd love to hear another 10 minute progressive-esque song in the vein of Coma or Locomotive. I mean a slim 4 minute rock song is cool too, but I want something of higher artistic value than that myself...Which I feel they're more than capable of even now.

Industrial NIN/limp bizkit sounding stuff with some techno-rock like Moby/prodigy. Please no afd/uyi mullet rock. Also Fortus should play lead since he's been in the band the longest -- it could be Axl's way of thanking him.

• Like 2

i dont want them to sit down and write new music, i want them to record and release some old ones. having an album with songs like THE GENERAL and other mythical songs we hear about but never heard turns me on more than an album of newly written material.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Industrial NIN/limp bizkit sounding stuff with some techno-rock like Moby/prodigy. Please no afd/uyi mullet rock. Also Fortus should play lead since he's been in the band the longest -- it could be Axl's way of thanking him.

is this 98 Axl posting?

Just let Slash fuck CD ll in the ass and be done with it. Throw him in with his magical les paul copy and just record everything, then let Duff inject some Gn'R sense into it.

The best option if we want another Guns album in this lifetime is to work with the best ideas from the vault, with Slash and Fortus bringing back the guitar interplay, cause just the 2 of them together will sound mean as fuck imo.

In a perfect world Fortus told the truth and Axl has 3 albums worth of material, CD ll is released untouched but with another Guns album from what they can put together.

I don't think that's likely to happen and Slash sounds great and like he'll have no problem adding good shit to Chinese vault tunes if they are similar in style to Chinese.

But I don't want them to start from scratch. Another decade of tinkering.

Edited by Rovim

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Just let Slash fuck CD ll in the ass and be done with it. Throw him in with his magic les paul copy and just record everything, then let Duff inject some Gn'R sense into it.

The best option if we want another Guns album in this lifetime is to work with the best ideas from the vault, with Slash and Fortus bringing back the guitar interplay, cause just the 2 of them together will sound mean as fuck imo.

In a perfect world Fortus told the truth and Axl has 3 albums worth of material, CD ll is released untouched but with another Guns album from what they can put together.

I don't think that's likely to happen and Slash sounds great and like he'll have no problem adding good shit to Chinese vault tunes if they are similar in style to Chinese.

But I don't want them to start from scratch. Another decade of tinkering.

Totally agree, it would be a shame to let all of the CD era material go to waste. You know the leaked chorus of a song where Axl goes "no efforts spared, every chance given..." and something? I really want to hear what the rest of the song sounds like.

13 minutes ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

Totally agree, it would be a shame to let all of the CD era material go to waste. You know the leaked chorus of a song where Axl goes "no efforts spared, every chance given..." and something? I really want to hear what the rest of the song sounds like.

I thought that was checkmate. Was that really Axl, by the way? I don't recall ever seeing confirmation from any source that it was. 

As for new music, I think it would be a crime to not hear what's in the vaults. Slash has shown that he's willing and able to work with those kind of tunes in his covers of the CD tracks. So too with Duff.

3 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I thought that was checkmate. Was that really Axl, by the way? I don't recall ever seeing confirmation from any source that it was. 

As for new music, I think it would be a crime to not hear what's in the vaults. Slash has shown that he's willing and able to work with those kind of tunes in his covers of the CD tracks. So too with Duff.

If it isn't Axl, it's a really good impression. And the guitars sound very much like Chinese Democracy.

30 minutes ago, The Archer said:

It is Axl. Axl confirmed it himself when he told that Checkmate is a bogus title and the song is actually called Jackie Chan.

Edited by Lies They Tell

Wouldn't really be bothered as long as it's not just Slash doing what bumblefoot did to tracks like catcher, "the songs already done but here's a solo to copy and paste in" I would want them to record something new together.

and don't get me wrong I still wanna hear stuff like the general but would rather axl release that stuff himself when slash goes back to the conspirators.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I pray to the gods of rock you aren't actually serious.

You're in the minority here bro. Chinese democracy was cutting edge and I want more of it. More industrial with Dave grohl sounding drums and pearl jam/grunge style rock. This will make guns sound hip and current. Afd and UYI are soooo dated.

What they need to do is bring Bumblefoot back into the band. I love hearing him shred on Patience, Don't Cry, and Catcher in the Rye. We need three guitarists. So much emotion in his playing. I wouldn't mind a third keyboard player to lay down some more industrial/techno soundscapes. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RONIN said:

You're in the minority here bro. Chinese democracy was cutting edge and I want more of it. More industrial with Dave grohl sounding drums and pearl jam/grunge style rock. This will make guns sound hip and current. Afd and UYI are soooo dated.

What they need to do is bring Bumblefoot back into the band. I love hearing him shred on Patience, Don't Cry, and Catcher in the Rye. We need three guitarists. So much emotion in his playing. I wouldn't mind a third keyboard player to lay down some more industrial/techno soundscapes. 

You have 12 posts bro....quit trolling and good bye you are on ignore :)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Are you alright? Maybe you are ill?

Honestly, I'd be excited to get any new music.  I am torn though on weather I'd prefer just some good old rock music similar in feel to Appetite, or something a little more cutting edge that would push rock music forward.  Either way, I really hope they will do something and not just tour.  I love all the old music, and also liked CD as well, listen to it quite a bit.  It would be nice to jam to some fresh new unheard GnR!

if it got Axl n Slash, i'm open to anything. that sounds incredibly fanboyish, and it is!

(that said, i would still prefer pitman's rumoured first solo album featuring DJ ashba on guitar synthesiser)

Edited by action