cereal

ZoSoRose

Now we're talking. I eat cereal virtually every day, never for breakfast though always in the evening.

I go through phases, im into the plainer cereals at the moment Corn Flakes and Rice Krispies. Fruit n Fibre I was having them for a few months. Weetabix Minis, Nut Clusters, Apricot Wheats, Cinnamon Graham,  Golden Grahams, Coco Pops, Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. All solid cereals but too sweet for my taste at the moment, I will go back to them though.

42 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Special k is good. I eat it with banas.  I put bananas in almost all cereal

Special K is pretty nice i like the yogurt and red berries one. Let me ask you something though. Why the fuck does Special K cost so much more than any other cereal. I don't know if it's the same all over the world but i noticed Special K is now nearly £4 and all the others about £2 or £2.50. I guess it's because it's special :lol:

5 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Special K is pretty nice i like the yogurt and red berries one. Let me ask you something though. Why the fuck does Special K cost so much more than any other cereal. I don't know if it's the same all over the world but i noticed Special K is now nearly £4 and all the others about £2 or £2.50. I guess it's because it's special :lol:

The red berries one is the fuckin bollocks man.

15 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Why would American teetotallers be bothered by eggs and rashers?  What, hangover cure? :lol:

Beer is the traditional drink of the breakfast table. Cranky mid 19th century American temperance do-gooders created and marketed a new food stuff to remove beer from the traditional diet.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Beer is the traditional drink of the breakfast table. Cranky mid 19th century American temperance do-gooders created and marketed a new food stuff to remove beer from the traditional diet.

Seriously? Cool! :lol:  Why could you not just have beer with your cereal too?

Or beer on the cereal?

A mug of beer was the traditional way a rural worker started his day for centuries. It is only comparatively recently that it changed thanks to Victorian hatchet faced do-gooders.

This is how I justified it to myself anyhow, sitting there with a four pack at seven in the morning during the 2002 World Cup!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What has that got to do with justification?

Well to justify something is to prove something to be right or to account for something, to show cause for it.  So when you ask how does tradition justify anything i explained that it was because human behaviour is governed by prescedent, a great deal of what we do is  due to behavioural prescedent.  The vast majority in fact.  At the heart of it your question appeared to be asking why is tradition alone a good enough reason to do 'x' thing.  Why do mothers meet up for a cup of tea, why not...i dunno, drink water, eat monkey nuts.

Edited by Len B'stard

9 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Well to justify something is to prove something to be right or to account for something, to show cause for it.  So when you ask how does tradition justify anything i explained that it was because human behaviour is governed by prescedent, a great deal of what we do is  due to behavioural prescedent.  The vast majority in fact.  At the heart of it your question appeared to be asking why is tradition alone a good enough reason to do 'x' thing.  Why do mothers meet up for a cup of tea, why not...i dunno, drink water, eat monkey nuts.

I thought justification meant that something was just or right. And surely we all know that tradition alone isn't sufficient for a behaviour to be just or right. To take an extreme example, the fact that slavery was tradition before doesn't make it right today. Or if Prikopp, or whatever his name was, at one moment started to wonder whether he was perhaps an insane monster then surely he didn't justify his actions towards Kampusch as okay because after all it was a tradition for Germans to keep sex thralls in the iron age.

I am not at all saying there is anything wrong with drinking beer for breakfast. It was Diesel who needed justification for that behaviour, and he who chose to find that justification in it being a lost tradition.

I thought justification meant that something was just or right. And surely we all know that tradition alone isn't sufficient for a behaviour to be just or right. To take an extreme example, the fact that slavery was tradition before doesn't make it right today. Or if Prikopp, or whatever his name was, at one moment started to wonder whether he was perhaps an insane monster then surely he didn't justify his actions towards Kampusch as okay because after all it was a tradition for Germans to keep sex thralls in the iron age.

I suppose in that particular connotation to justify mine was more of an explanation than a justification, though the two follow on from one another.

I am not at all saying there is anything wrong with drinking beer for breakfast. It was Diesel who needed justification for that behaviour, and he who chose to find that justification in it being a lost tradition.

I believe he was joking there, as i was when i said it certainly made me feel better about myself.  i don't think he was seriously sitting there having a dilemma about whether or not to booze in morning whilst watching the world cup and the dilemma was resolved by reference to the historial exploits of the pre-Victorian era folks of England :lol:

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I was joking!

It was a joke specific to the unusual kick off times instigated by the peculiarity of hosting a world cup in Japan, and thus hesitating some seriously early drinking.