Steven Adler to play M3 Festival - 4/29/16

9 minutes ago, vloors said:

Stevens ready to go

Yes its alt nation but they have a new video of steven talking about the M3 Festival

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-steven-adler-shows-off-new-physique/

I think that video was posted on the forum two days ago but thanks for sharing anyway! ^_^

6 minutes ago, Roket said:

somebody recognize what brand sticks he has in his hands on that video? 

I don't but he plays with Vater and they look the same as the ones he's using here (the video was uploaded 6 months ago).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I think that video was posted on the forum two days ago but thanks for sharing anyway! ^_^

I don't but he plays with Vater and they look the same as the ones he's using here (the video was uploaded 6 months ago).

ahhh crap never saw it

58 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

it seems he got his voice back????

i remember watching a video where his speech was really slurred from the stroke...he sounds pretty normal now

I thought this when I watched that video too - the sound isn't great so I thought it may just be that, but he didn't seem to be slurring anymore

12 hours ago, vloors said:

ahhh crap never saw it

Steven is one of the all time great drummers, up there with bonham, ringo starr and moon. that video is proof of that.

He's got astonishing feel and groove. 1.39 in that clip says it all better than i ever could. like bonham, he never got a lesson and he developed a style all by himself. it takes a hell of a musician to do that.

Matt may be a technically better player. however i would argue that matt is the lesser drummer BECAUSE he is technically better. Rhythm is about feeling, groove, NOT about mimicking a metronome. You have it in you or not, you can't "learn" it. many people forget that.

Edited by action
  • Like 3

I was in LA earlier this month and ran into someone who I know is very close to Steven. I doubt they want me saying their name, so I'm gonna keep that to myself. I've seen a lot of the rumors and all the "insiders" that claim Steven had back problems and that's why he isn't a part of the reunion. This person told me that wasn't the case (the back problems part might be true for all I know). They claim "GnR did him dirty" and Steven was never asked to be a part of the reunion. I asked about Steven's recent silence and they claim Steven is embarrassed about not being asked and that's why he was laying low. He didn't want to be bothered with all the questions...  This person also told me, if I wanted to see an Adler show, they would be in Baltimore at the end of April (not sure if that was a secret or not, but it turned out to be true). 

This all took place at the very beginning of this month. I wasn't planning on saying anything, but I figured if I keep this person anonymous, then it's all good

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Havoc907 said:

I was in LA earlier this month and ran into someone who I know is very close to Steven. I doubt they want me saying their name, so I'm gonna keep that to myself. I've seen a lot of the rumors and all the "insiders" that claim Steven had back problems and that's why he isn't a part of the reunion. This person told me that wasn't the case (the back problems part might be true for all I know). They claim "GnR did him dirty" and Steven was never asked to be a part of the reunion. I asked about Steven's recent silence and they claim Steven is embarrassed about not being asked and that's why he was laying low. He didn't want to be bothered with all the questions...  This person also told me, if I wanted to see an Adler show, they would be in Baltimore at the end of April (not sure if that was a secret or not, but it turned out to be true). 

This all took place at the very beginning of this month. I wasn't planning on saying anything, but I figured if I keep this person anonymous, then it's all good

Yeah I think I'll believe Marc Canter instead of you 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Fair enough. I know my story is legit.

I hope it NOT true and we all get Steven at some point. But come on, look at the signs, not what anyone is saying (even me). It's becoming obvious...

• Like 2

Steven has shows of his own to sell. If GNR 'did the dirty on him', he'd have the perfect ammunition to be all over the media and help draw attention to those shows.

I believe that he is at least on good terms with the camp and will get to be onstage again with Axl, Slash and Duff at some point. Not sure the same can be said of Izzy anymore.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Marc Canter confirmed the back injury...he never, ever confirmed that Steven was rehearsing or planning on playing in GnR again, or that GnR had worked anything out with him. Nor did he confirm that Steven had surgery as was also claimed.

Edited by stella

On 2016-04-28 at 4:39 PM, Gilla999 said:

I thought this when I watched that video too - the sound isn't great so I thought it may just be that, but he didn't seem to be slurring anymore

Maybe, just maybe.. he's actually sober for real?

Just now, tsinindy said:

He had a stroke, speech issues are quite common in that case.  His speech is getting better over time bc it takes time not bc he is or is not sober.

Yes. but being sober helps with the recovery. My dad has an identical twin brother, they've both had several strokes but my alcoholic uncle is in way way way worse shape.

I found the set times for this festival! 1:00 - 1:30 PM tomorrow!

Less than 24 hours until all the Adler questions get answered...

GO STEVEN, GO!

Edited by KURT19
Assistance from Google/Facebook ;)
  • Like 1