Steven Adler to play M3 Festival - 4/29/16

3 hours ago, Modano09 said:

So if Adler came back, went off on a bender, pissed Axl off and caused problems between Axl/Slash/Duff, that would be worth it to you? 

Its reasonable to get Adler back in limited capacity.he plays AFD and Frank plays everything else... if he fucks up THIS last chance they fire him for good (but I dont think he would)... Anyway Frank remains.. I see no danger in that scenario....

Anyone catch what brand of sticks he was using? He chucked loads of them into the first few rows, surely there's someone out there posting up pics of their trophy?

Also, the people who met him, did no one bother asking if he actually had a back injury or not or about Guns?!

5 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Anyone catch what brand of sticks he was using? He chucked loads of them into the first few rows, surely there's someone out there posting up pics of their trophy?

Also, the people who met him, did no one bother asking if he actually had a back injury or not or about Guns?!

Steven uses Vater sticks

9 hours ago, paranoyd androyd said:

Steven's back was never hurt, it was an obvious lie from the beginning as many said

You know what else was very obvious? That Marc Canter confirmed Steven hurt his back. Marc Canter never bullshits, he's an honest guy. You got someone as solid as him confirming shit, and people are still going to believe rumours and randoms. WTF

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Nice to see him looking good and playing well, but I thought he cut his hair not too long ago! How did it grow back so fast?

To me, it was obvious in that picture that his hair was back in a ponytail. I don't know why so many people thought it was cut.

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You know what else was very obvious? That Marc Canter confirmed Steven hurt his back. Marc Canter never bullshits, he's an honest guy. You got someone as solid as him confirming shit, and people are still going to believe rumours and randoms. WTF

Marc Canter confirmed he hurt his back, but NOT that Adler had anything to do with Guns N' Roses in any capacity. He also didn't confirm the whole surgery story. That in itself is looking sketchier and sketchier...he supposedly had this surgery on April 1 but he's able to rehearse and play the drums full out within four weeks?! Most of the time back surgery is a very long recovery process. Not always, but most often.

28 minutes ago, stella said:

Marc Canter confirmed he hurt his back, but NOT that Adler had anything to do with Guns N' Roses in any capacity. He also didn't confirm the whole surgery story. That in itself is looking sketchier and sketchier...he supposedly had this surgery on April 1 but he's able to rehearse and play the drums full out within four weeks?! Most of the time back surgery is a very long recovery process. Not always, but most often.

If he had a herniated disk or something that only takes about a month to recover from. And he could've hurt his back, before the Troubadour gig not on the day. Just speculation because who knows. http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/tc/low-back-pain-surgery

43 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

If he had a herniated disk or something that only takes about a month to recover from. And he could've hurt his back, before the Troubadour gig not on the day. Just speculation because who knows. http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/tc/low-back-pain-surgery

There's a difference between "recovery" meaning "go back to your daily activities, like sitting at a desk and driving a car" and "go back to a very athletic activity like banging on drums and putting a lot of stress on your back again," though. Usually when someone's had back surgery they are cautioned from engaging in activities that have a certain amount of impact or specific types of motion for a while, even when they've recovered enough to carry on their daily lives. If they're an athlete (and being a drummer could certainly be included there, it's so physically demanding) there's usually a period of rehab to strengthen the muscles around the injury, too.

One of the claims floating around about Adler was that he had his back surgery on the day of the Troubadour, which was given as an explanation as to why he wasn't seen anywhere on that day. I found that sketchy to begin with. You're right that it's all speculation, though.

Edited by stella

1 hour ago, stella said:

WTF again. I never said anything about GNR, and Canter didn't either you are right, but what does that even matter with my post? Why bring it up to me? I never even argued about that, because I KNOW Canter wouldn't have told us even if he knows, because it would fuck over the entire surprise for GNR if Steven is supposed to guest. They obviously dont want people to know beforehand who is going to make a special appearance in their shows. My ENTIRE POINT was: what the fuck with people calling bs on the he broke his back story, believing idiotic rumours instead of credible people like Marc Canter. 

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

i dont know who is or who isnt bullshitting. who ever came up with back surgery was smoking some good stuff, that's for sure.

at the end of the day, what we remember is the injury seems to be relatively innocent and Steven played his heart out. that's a relief.

56 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

WTF again. I never said anything about GNR, and Canter didn't either you are right, but what does that even matter with my post? Why bring it up to me? I never even argued about that, because I KNOW Canter wouldn't have told us even if he knows, because it would fuck over the entire surprise for GNR if Steven is supposed to guest. They obviously dont want people to know beforehand who is going to make a special appearance in their shows. My ENTIRE POINT was: what the fuck with people calling bs on the he broke his back story, believing idiotic rumours instead of credible people like Marc Canter. 

I brought it up not because of what you personally said, but because other people seem to keep grabbing on that as proof somehow that Adler is involved; or only is out of these shows because of the back. When that's clearly not been said by anyone with any insider status whatsoever. One of the stories going around has been, "oh, yeah, he was supposed to be involved but he threw out his back during rehearsal/right before the Troubadour, what a shame."

7 minutes ago, stella said:

I brought it up not because of what you personally said, but because other people seem to keep grabbing on that as proof somehow that Adler is involved; or only is out of these shows because of the back. When that's clearly not been said by anyone with any insider status whatsoever. One of the stories going around has been, "oh, yeah, he was supposed to be involved but he threw out his back during rehearsal/right before the Troubadour, what a shame."

I heard that too and I actually believe it, but we dont know, Duff is not on good terms with Steven since that tour. I even heard a rumour that Duff alone is responsible for not letting Steven in the band. But time and time again we dont know jack again until someone talks. The biggest clue to me were the sticks the official GNR posted that didnt belong to Frank, and then Steven was nowhere to be found. It just makes no sense

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I heard that too and I actually believe it, but we dont know, Duff is not on good terms with Steven since that tour. I even heard a rumour that Duff alone is responsible for not letting Steven in the band. But time and time again we dont know jack again until someone talks

Add that to the fact Steven didn't show up for a charity event for Cancer where he was set to perform with Slash back in February.

Before the reunion was announced  when Steven was doing interviews about the speculated reunion he said Slash and Duff didn't trust his sobriety and didn't think he was cool and even went as far to say didn't think he was a good drummer namely Duff.

From different sources we have heard many things. Eddie Trunk said Steven did hurt his back never said when and never mentioned surgery that I can recall. He also said he's not in rehab which doesn't mean he didn't relapse or did.

On April 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM, LikeADog93 said:

Apparently they played a show last night as well. Here is a link to the entire show with the camera on Steven.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10157091399840122

Sounds like a great show. Adler still has it for sure. Adler, the band, is damn good on their own. I love Jacob's voice and Lonnie is a good guitar player too. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Its reasonable to get Adler back in limited capacity.he plays AFD and Frank plays everything else... if he fucks up THIS last chance they fire him for good (but I dont think he would)...

The only way that works is if they were doing the whole Appetite album from front to back type of thing. That way they aren't swapping out drummers every other song which would be weird. I still think Steven is capable of playing any of the songs but it would be a huge upgrade if he did the Appetite stuff at least. Frank isn't as bad on most of the illusions stuff.

Fuck it would just sound so much better if they had Steven and Matt playing their own stuff lol.  Matt could play tambourine and sing backup vocals while Steven is behind the kit.. Then they wouldn't need Melissa for backing vocals either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I heard that too and I actually believe it, but we dont know, Duff is not on good terms with Steven since that tour. I even heard a rumour that Duff alone is responsible for not letting Steven in the band. But time and time again we dont know jack again until someone talks. The biggest clue to me were the sticks the official GNR posted that didnt belong to Frank, and then Steven was nowhere to be found. It just makes no sense

If that's true, it definitely says a lot...Duff strikes me as being the most affable and objective one of the Big Three, and he seems to make a concerted effort to work well with everyone. If HE is saying he doesn't want Adler there, well, that's not just a burnt bridge, it's one that's been hit with a nuclear bomb. There's a lot of intrigue with this that has yet to be explained, most definitely, and unless and until someone in the band spills the beans, we're all flailing and guessing.

With the sticks, they weren't Frank's, but they weren't Adler's, either. I think they were a deliberate red herring designed to mess with people's heads and get some lulz for them, in all honesty. Dizzy might use them for his percussion duties, and Matt apparently also used them on the UYI tour. Or for all we know, they borrowed some of Brain's sticks for a photo...around the same time, Slash had posted a photo and some of Frank's gear was in the frame.

Edited by stella