Steven Adler to play M3 Festival - 4/29/16

36 minutes ago, Nick Cobraetti said:

I had back surgery a few years ago and was free to do whatever I wanted after 6 weeks.  Depends on what he was having done.

25 minutes ago, starlight said:

steven had to cancel the benefit gig with slash and it was the end of february so two months have passed..

Did he cancel or did he no-show?  The reports that Steven needed surgery came out this month so it's doubtful he had it in February. Eddie Trunk made no mention of Steven's back at all, which leads me to believe the official story isn't necessarily the real story

Edited by Nick Cobraetti
clarity
  • Like 1

Just now, Nick Cobraetti said:

Did he cancel or did he no-show?  The reports that Steven needed surgery came out this month so it's doubtful he had it in February, if at all. Eddie Trunk made no mention of Steven's back at all, which leads me to believe the official story isn't necessarily the real story

he was scheduled to play but then pulled off. I don't know maybe they just said it later that steven had surgery

1 minute ago, starlight said:

he was scheduled to play but then pulled off. I don't know maybe they just said it later that steven had surgery

No one has confirmed he was ever going to play with GnR....just that he had a back issue.

• Like 2

Just now, tsinindy said:

No one has confirmed he was ever going to play with GnR....just that he had a back issue.

I know I was saying that maybe it's true Steven had back surgery and it just came out this month

i couldn't be happier to know that things are right on schedule for Steven.

in some ways i'm as excited for Steven having fun, as i am for the GNR concerts. maybe even more for Stevens. that man needs to be behind a drum kit pounding away like hell wouldn't have it. it's the only thing that keeps his train rolling

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

still not sold on the timing of all of this with steven , still smells fishy but cant imagine what it is .

it's fishy alright. my guess is his back is OK (how can he confirm concerts so soon otherwise?)

I have an empty feeling that we won't see him at the GNR shows though, for whatever reason that may be 

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

How many different sources have to confirm the back issue story before we can stop going on about conspiracy theories? 

Everything else regarding syeven and gnr is just rumour!

Well, given that none of the sources were Steven...how many different sources 'confirmed' there was nothing going on with Slash & Guns ;)

14 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No....trunk confirmed it was true.  Good god...

When/where was that? All I heard him do was imply the exact opposite

Edited by Nick Cobraetti

17 minutes ago, Nick Cobraetti said:

Did he cancel or did he no-show?  The reports that Steven needed surgery came out this month so it's doubtful he had it in February. Eddie Trunk made no mention of Steven's back at all, which leads me to believe the official story isn't necessarily the real story

I've felt the same since the news came out. The fact that it's the official story that a few people have "confirmed" (yet, nobody in the band or their handlers...) doesn't mean it's the real story. It might be kindness on everyone's part.

And this is what Trunk said about Adler:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Cobraetti said:

Well, given that none of the sources were Steven...how many different sources 'confirmed' there was nothing going on with Slash & Guns ;)

When/where was that? All I heard him do was imply the exact opposite

Why would Eddie Trunk lie? Why would Marc Canter? Have they ever before about something like this? No.

And  canter and trunk said it looks like this are happening but that they didn't have any confirmation from within the band regarding the reunion rumors, never said it wasn't happening.

And yes, trunk said recently that Steven was fine (as in, not on drugs off the rails) and that the back story is legit. 

12 minutes ago, donny said:

marc canter confirmed the rumours are true. iirc eddie who had not long spoken to steve said different 

No....he sent Something on Twitter saying it was true.  I'm trying to find it.

Edited by tsinindy