Steven Adler to play M3 Festival - 4/29/16

37 minutes ago, RoseTatu said:

hey, How many hours are from now until 1pm?

Says it's 645am there atm

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

O.o

Can confirm Adler's there. Was taking pictures with fans yesterday. I posted some pics on the social media thread 

4 hours ago, scooby845 said:

now that;s how you play Brownstone and Rocket Queen..with right drum patterns and TEMPO... Steven is the only suitable drummer for GnR..end of story!! Get him back!!!

Indeed.

Fuck the mediocre drummer that is playing with Axl, Slash and Duff!  Get Popcorn!  :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

now that;s how you play Brownstone and Rocket Queen..with right drum patterns and TEMPO... Steven is the only suitable drummer for GnR..end of story!! Get him back!!!

So if Adler came back, went off on a bender, pissed Axl off and caused problems between Axl/Slash/Duff, that would be worth it to you? 

Just now, StoneTempleRoses said:

He won't he's past his demons and hes only rocking now. Have some faith in him it would go a long way.

As recently as September he was ranting about Slash and Duff not liking him anymore because they didn't believe he was sober. If they let him play, fine, I just don't see why people think he's entitled to it or that GNR must have Steven Adler or it's not GNR. 

• Like 1

I don't get why some people have such an attachment to Adler -- he was always the weakest link in the old band. Objectively, can anyone see him doing UYI tracks like Locomotive and YCBM?

I always liked Popcorn's energy and swing but the only essential member missing right now is Izzy imho -- the principle songwriter of the band. Popcorn is also too much of a liability -- he didn't even have his shit together long enough to stay sober for Duff's Loaded gig. 

I wish they could just rehire Brain. Best drummer the band ever had (along with Freese). He had the swing and technical chops.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 2

Steven wasn't the weakest link, there wasn't a weak link at all, that's what made GNR one of the greatest rock bands of all time. The band never sounded the same after Steven was fired.

Having Brain instead of Steven would be the same as having Fortus instead of Izzy or having Buckethead instead of Slash. They're tecnically better but they're not the right people for GNR. I love Brain, though and would take him over Frank any day.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. For GNR I would always take Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy and Steven over Freddie Mercury, Jimi Hendrix, Steve Vai, Jaco Pastorius and Neil Peart (just to name five wonderful musicians).

• Like 1