MTV is bringing Unplugged back - is it GNR's turn?

It would be magical.

The greatest band on earth umolugged..  

M. Jackson and Gnr gave mtv the " key push" to make mtv a solid thing worldwide.

Since mtv is dead..  Could Guns n' Roses do it again?

All my money points to:  YES

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

MTV used to have great shows... What happened? Why did it turn to be so trashy? Not only in the Us... MTV UK, Italy, europe are bad as well! No more music.. Only silly reality shows...

I assume because early reality shows they aired got them a lot of money and so they kept going at it and before you know it the whole station is filled with that trash and there is no room for good substance shows to get on the air

10 hours ago, donny said:

i was there for that. axl, slash, duff and izzy. i think jonny cash was the pizza delivery boy.

acoustic set was= used to love her, your crazy, patience, KOHD and november rain. they started playing imagine halfway through patience.

Is there a version of november rain from those shows online?

4 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I assume because early reality shows they aired got them a lot of money and so they kept going at it and before you know it the whole station is filled with that trash and there is no room for good substance shows to get on the air

how sad

To be honest, I hope not.

GNR unplugged wouldn't do much for me. I don't really think Slash excels as an acoustic player. He certainly doesn't switch to an acoustic like a Clapton or a Page. And Axl's voice would need to carry the band a lot more given the lack of decibels.

It would be cool, but nothing special.

Not sure if I want to see this version of the band do an unplugged

1 hour ago, LA_0013 said:

GNR unplugged wouldn't do much for me. I don't really think Slash excels as an acoustic player.

Have you never listened to the Argentina 7/16/93 bootleg??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LA_0013 said:

GNR unplugged wouldn't do much for me. I don't really think Slash excels as an acoustic player. He certainly doesn't switch to an acoustic like a Clapton or a Page. And Axl's voice would need to carry the band a lot more given the lack of decibels.

It would be cool, but nothing special.

you never seen the SMKC guitarcenter sessions ??????? or the max sessions ???????? Slash is great there on acoustic !!! btw most songs slash writes, begins on acoustic .

Edited by Robert39
  • Like 1

People shouldn't let the Bridge School performance be a reason not to do it.  It was a bad day, just like any other gig.  GNR unplugged is one thing I think the band has lacked over the years.  Imagine how good it would have been back in the day, like the Nirvana one.

I'm not saying it would be fantastic if they did it today, but I'd like to see it. Axl using a lower, softer voice mainly. Don't do Jungle, You Could Be Mine.  There's some good acoustic versions online of Rocket Queen, Sweet Child so I'd like to see them do something like that. Obviously Patience.  Yesterdays, Knockin On Heaven's Door would be good too.  L'Arc performance of Nightrain, This I Love was amazing too and those was semi-unplugged.

What would be the set list for this?

Patience

You're crazy

You ain't the first

Sweet child of mine 

Civil war 

Used to love her

Knocking on heavens door

November Rain 

What else? Don't think WTTJ Paradise or really any of the appetite stuff would sound great acoustically. Haven't really like it when it has been played unplugged.

2 hours ago, OJones90 said:

People shouldn't let the Bridge School performance be a reason not to do it.  It was a bad day, just like any other gig.  GNR unplugged is one thing I think the band has lacked over the years.  Imagine how good it would have been back in the day, like the Nirvana one.

I'm not saying it would be fantastic if they did it today, but I'd like to see it. Axl using a lower, softer voice mainly. Don't do Jungle, You Could Be Mine.  There's some good acoustic versions online of Rocket Queen, Sweet Child so I'd like to see them do something like that. Obviously Patience.  Yesterdays, Knockin On Heaven's Door would be good too.  L'Arc performance of Nightrain, This I Love was amazing too and those was semi-unplugged.

Not sure how night train would sound on acoustic. Don't picture it as an acoustic tune.

On 4/23/2016 at 4:13 AM, Chris 55 said:

Is there a version of november rain from those shows online?

I think the acoustic November Rain was done in the 93 Hartford show. Buy the end of that tour it was still just Slash and Axl for most of the song but Slash was using his Les Paul with Acoustic effects.

The best quality acoustic set from that tour is Argentina 7/16/93.. The Segue in and out of the set is amazing too. Awesome quality and probably my favorite Gn'R bootleg.. The intro to Brownstone is off the charts on this show too! That lineup had CHEMISTRY!! There are two Argentina shows out there but 7/16/93 is the one you want. Starts off dicey because of equipment issues. The even stop in the middle of Jungle because of them. But once resolved, WATCH OUT!!

Bad ass Double Talkin Jive with Oh Well and Train Kept A Rollin medley during the intro and small Roadhouse Blues snippet with vocals at the end.
Dead Flowers (Stones Cover)
You Ain't The First
You're Crazy (with awesome intro jam.. Hendrix Sample and maybe fame (fame could have been later in the show)
Used To Love Her
Patience 
KOHD
November Rain
Dead Horse

Amazing