MTV is bringing Unplugged back - is it GNR's turn?

Just now, BadApples87 said:

They played several acoustic tunes on their 1993 tour, Pizza delivery and all!

I listen to that 7/16 Argentina set all the time.. I don't think the band has ever been tighter than that.. Such a killer bootleg. That 93 tour was fucking amazing...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Music TV station playing music.....wow!  GNR can easily do a full acoustic set.  They played several acoustic tunes on their 1993 tour, Pizza delivery and all!

i was there for that. axl, slash, duff and izzy. i think jonny cash was the pizza delivery boy.

acoustic set was= used to love her, your crazy, patience, KOHD and november rain. they started playing imagine halfway through patience.

best part was slash did a killer solo which turned into sweet child without all that cringe worthy godfather rubbish where axl starts screaming even though its not a proper song.

downside was i'm a big rolling stones fan and ronnie wood turned up on the 30th, i was there on the 29th. 

4 minutes ago, donny said:

i was there for that. axl, slash, duff and izzy. i think jonny cash was the pizza delivery boy.

acoustic set was= used to love her, your crazy, patience, KOHD and november rain. they started playing imagine halfway through patience.

best part was slash did a killer solo which turned into sweet child without all that cringe worthy godfather rubbish where axl starts screaming even though its not a proper song.

downside was i'm a big rolling stones fan and ronnie wood turned up on the 30th, i was there on the 29th. 

I was there, too, (not Izzy cause it was Gilby at mine) but my show got cut short just before the encore when Duff got hit in the head with a bottle thrown from the crowd.  It was a GREAT show, up until that happened.

2 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

I was there, too, (not Izzy cause it was Gilby at mine) but my show got cut short just before the encore when Duff got hit in the head with a bottle thrown from the crowd.  It was a GREAT show, up until that happened.

very luckily gilby fell off his bike and broke his wrist so i had to make do with izzy :) i've seen the youtube vids of duff getting hit and the band leaving the stage 

I would love to get them on Unplugged and do some arrangements like the CBGB show, maybe with drums but lighter drums like the Nirvana Unplugged show.  Blast out Brownstone, Patience, You're Crazy, Civil War, Used to Love Her, and Sweet Child and you are good to go.

19 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I would love to get them on Unplugged and do some arrangements like the CBGB show, maybe with drums but lighter drums like the Nirvana Unplugged show.  Blast out Brownstone, Patience, You're Crazy, Civil War, Used to Love Her, and Sweet Child and you are good to go.

Don't Cry. Acoustic live version in 1986 is the best version of the song.

I'm not sure Axl's voice would suit an acoustic set these days; that mid-range doesn't seem to be there any more. In 2010 he could power through with rasp on everything at shows like L'Arc which was cool in its own way, but with that gone now as well, I don't think it'd sound too good. I guess there's a few songs I'd like to see Slash play acoustically like Double Talkin' Jive with that Spanish guitar outro. This I Love with Slash on acoustic, that I'd be curious to hear. Don't Cry, Patience, Used to Love Her, You're Crazy... yeah those'd be cool.

If they did One in a Million though I'd be all for it :thumbsup: