04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

Just now, k12 said:

it is not empty, it is a huge outdoor stage and the guy is obviously filming it from the back, I am willing to bet there are about 50,000 people in front of the stage

Exactly. If that was the whole crowd the stage is only 15 feet across including the mega screens

5 minutes ago, Requiem16 said:

They could play just ONE new song and it could be epic. Bored:facepalm:

I cant imagine what you were like in the 2011-2014 days when the set basically never changed.. Jeez some people are hard to please.. For most of us here seeing Axl and Slash playing Used to love her and Out Ta Get Me together after so many years is basically like seeing a new song.. Maybe you're just not as big a GnR fan as the rest of us :P

Edited by SoNobodyToldYaBaby
  • Like 4

Final setlist:

• Looney Tunes Intro
  • The Equalizer (Harry Gregson-Williams song)

---

• It's So Easy
  • Mr. Brownstone
  • Chinese Democracy
  • Welcome to the Jungle
  • Double Talkin' Jive
  • Estranged
  • Live and Let Die (Wings cover)
  • Rocket Queen
  • You Could Be Mine
  • New Rose (The Damned cover)
  • This I Love
  • Coma
  • Speak Softly Love (Love Theme From The Godfather)
  • Sweet Child O' Mine
  • Civil War
  • Better
  • Jam ("Wish You Were Here" by Pink)
  • November Rain
  • Out Ta Get Me
  • Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)
  • Nightrain
  • Don't Cry
  • Used to Love Her
  • The Seeker (The Who cover)
  • Paradise City
Edited by SD456
  • Like 1

Just now, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

I csnt imagine what you were like in the 2001-2014 days when the set basically never changed.. Jeez some people are hard to please.. For most of us here seeing Axl and Slash playing Used to love her and Out Ta Get Me together after so many years is basically like seeing a new song.. Maybe you're just not as big a GnR fan as the rest of us :P

I get the argument for at least one new track or cover per show, plus they really should have done a bigger Prince tribute considering Duff & Slash's fandom.

1 minute ago, PITBOSS said:

he didn't seem very supportive of the ordeal. laughed it off as a joke

Exactly he was not going to be supportive of anyone replacing Johnson.  It could have been Chris Cornell and he would have said the same thing.  HE though the band should just cancel the shows.

it would be like Axls voice going out and having Baz for example or even Chris Cornell replace him for the tour.   

Edited by gnfnr2k

1 minute ago, nbarry93 said:

That was the longest I've ever seen 1% battery last, we got 98% of Paradise City out of it :lol:

at the speed they were playing PC! lol

But honestly that is the way this band has rehearsed it.  They don't just decide on the spot to play it that way.  That would be highly risky and embarrassing if they completely crashed it

Other persiscope u can hear how they thought the set was "Amazing"

Just now, Bumblefeet said:

I get the argument for at least one new track or cover per show, plus they really should have done a bigger Prince tribute considering Duff & Slash's fandom.

He said they didn't have enough time to prepare a tribute song that would do Prince Justice.. So they just dedicated thw whole show to him.

Just now, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

He said they didn't have enough time to prepare a tribute song that would do Prince Justice.. So they just dedicated thw whole show to him.

Yeah I heard but still... Slash surely could have ditched the Godfather theme to play something from Prince.