04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

2 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I guess They didnt have much time to pick N' rehearsal Prince Song

They had two days, that would have been plenty of time.

Hell just use a price song as an intro to KOHD and delicate it to him.  And also for Nov rain the rain could have been purple.  

If Adam Levnine can do something in a day then GNR can in two . 

Edited by gnfnr2k

2 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

I csnt imagine what you were like in the 2001-2014 days when the set basically never changed.. Jeez some people are hard to please.. For most of us here seeing Axl and Slash playing Used to love her and Out Ta Get Me together after so many years is basically like seeing a new song.. Maybe you're just not as big a GnR fan as the rest of us :P

Indeed. I can't fathom why people think they'll suddenly pull a brand new song out of their arses. Let's just be happy that Axl, Slash and Duff are back on tour together, playing Guns classics for two and a half hours every night!

I don't have any reason to believe let alone expect for them to start working on new material, especially this soon after they got back together.

anyway, great show tonight. Excited that they brought back Out Ta Get Me and Used To Love Her.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

Yeah I heard but still... Slash surely could have ditched the Godfather theme to play something from Prince.

They didnt want to half ass it. If they would have played something for Prince that was shitty, they'd never hear the end of it. Precisely because they were fans of his (Duff and Slash) they didnt just throw something together

• Like 1

I am still reserving judgement until Axl gets back on his feet. As great as Slash and Duff are, a GNR show is not a GNR show unless Axl is firing on all cylinders. If you can bring the old Axl from the 90's and put him on that stage tonight with the old guys, this show would have been magic. At the very least he would have scared the shit out of these kids. If Axl's voice is not at his best, these shows will be hard to enjoy. Axl's voice and presence is what made the band on the live stage. Slash guitar just complemented him perfectly. These GNR songs were made to be sung by Axl's powerful voice, his dirty nasty voice. They are not suitable for anyone else, or another tone of voice. 

I am afraid, as it stands right now, that Axl is just not capable of delivering on most of his songs anymore. But for whatever reason, he can deliver and sing the shit out of other people's songs. He is great on The Seeker and ACDC. I believe that ACDC and their fans(I am one) are going to get the best out of Axl. I hope I am wrong, but I think his days as a GNR frontman are coming to an end. GNR was a young man's band.

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rayno said:

Because it's a great song, that's why.

Is it better than the Who's version? Does it add anything to GN'R? Does it improve their set, especially right at the end? I don't think any of these. I love The Who and I love most of the covers that Guns does, but this one just sounds off and odd.

1 minute ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I am still reserving judgement until Axl gets back on his feet. As great as Slash and Duff are, a GNR show is not a GNR show unless Axl is firing on all cylinders. If you can bring the old Axl from the 90's and put him on that stage tonight with the old guys, this show would have been magic. At the very least he would have scared the shit out of these kids. If Axl's voice is not at his best, these shows will be hard to enjoy. Axl's voice and presence is what made the band on the live stage. Slash guitar just complemented him perfectly. These GNR songs were made to be sung by Axl's powerful voice, his dirty nasty voice. They are not suitable for no one else, or another tone of voice. 

I am afraid, as it stands right now, that Axl is just not capable of delivering on most of his songs anymore. But for whatever reason, he can deliver and sing the shit out of other people's songs. He is great on The Seeker and ACDC. I believe that ACDC and their fans(I am one) are going to get the best out of Axl. I hope I am wrong, but I think his days as a GNR frontman are coming to an end. GNR was a young man's band.

Lol. Axl hasnt sung like 90s axl since well.. The 90s. And gnr has continued to sell out arenas and now stadiums since then.. Have you been to a post 90s gnr show? I saw them in 2012 when Axls voice was far worse than it is now and he still blew my mind with a great show!! And that was with fucking dj ashba in the band.. So i really couldn't disagree more with your post. 

• Like 4

Can anybody, who knows what they are talking about, explain why Axl struggles so much at certain points in his range? His deep/chest voice is stellar, his deep voice with rasp is stellar, his high voice with rasp is stellar (screams, jungle outro, the bit in middle of better). Sometimes he busts out a clean voice that genuinely sounds great, but there are parts of his range where he just sounds so weak, (parts of NR). Why is this?