04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

33 minutes ago, maxpax said:

what about vimeo or dailymotion?

I'll upload it to wetransfer and share the link. But it's 1,8gb. so it might take a while with my internet. 

Edit: 187 mb. Must've saw it wrong. 

Edited by Deniz

4 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

I cant imagine what you were like in the 2011-2014 days when the set basically never changed.. Jeez some people are hard to please.. For most of us here seeing Axl and Slash playing Used to love her and Out Ta Get Me together after so many years is basically like seeing a new song.. Maybe you're just not as big a GnR fan as the rest of us :P

And don't forget motherfucking COMA

Thoughts after watching the official Coachella stream:

November Rain: Band was tight and over all great, Axl was a bit rough but not terrible, the outro was great vocally! 
Out Ta Get Me: The stream only featured the first 20 sec but it's awesome that they dusted this one off! By the two sentences I heard Axl sing he sounded great!
Knockin' On Heavens Door: I think this was pretty good! The band sounded good, Axl sounded good but I think it was a bit too slow...

Judging by these 20 minutes (not enough I know, but hey) I would grade it on the same level as the first Vegas show, not their best show from this leg but it does get me excited for the summer tour!

5 minutes ago, Muddy said:

I'd like to see the pro shot stream, apparently i was 30 seconds late on the one that was just posted lol (thanks for the effort tho dude)   Still no appearence by Steven Adler huh? bummer...

It will be up on Mega in 30 mins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I wonder if Axl directed "Fortus He's been only 16 years" to Fans who wanted Izzy play or.................

Slash

Don't know who it was directed against or whether it was directed against anybody but certainly I wouldn't consider it the proper thing to say in the presence of Slash and Duff.

Anyway the truth is Richard Fortus has been in Guns N'roses for less than one month. That thing before April 1st was Axl's something, nothing to do with Guns N'Roses.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Asia said:

Don't know who it was directed against or whether it was directed against anybody but certainly I wouldn't consider it the proper thing to say in the presence of Slash and Duff.

Anyway the truth is Richard Fortus has been in Guns N'roses for less than one month. That thing before April 1st was Axl's something, nothing to do with Guns N'Roses.

I don't think that's particularly fair considering the guy literally spent 14 + years working with Axl on 'Guns N' Roses'. Whether you like it or not, Chinese Democracy is a Guns N' Roses album and it has been legitimized as such by Slash and Duff agreeing to play material from the album.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I wonder if Axl directed "Fortus He's been only 16 years" to Fans who wanted Izzy play or.................

Slash

Or maybe he's just stating the obvious? Not everything about this band has to be a conspiracy. For all intents and purposes, and whether or not people personally considered "new Guns" a legitimate band, Richard has been in Guns since 2001. Axl could easily just be acknowledging that as a friend and as he's one of the few who has stuck around.

3 minutes ago, GnR_Stockholm said:

Really, really bad I'm afraid to say.... Sounded terrible. What the f*** is going on with these guys?

Really bad? I thought it was ok good, the band needs to get to know each other well, before everything is perfect.

26 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't think that's particularly fair considering the guy literally spent 14 + years working with Axl on 'Guns N' Roses'. Whether you like it or not, Chinese Democracy is a Guns N' Roses album and it has been legitimized as such by Slash and Duff agreeing to play material from the album.

Name one solo he plays on CD. He was basically a touring band member for the cover band. Let's be honest. In 16 years he played less shows than Slash played 87-93. 

• Like 1

Yep another really good Knocking, though IMO its one of the weaker versions of the song compared to the other performances we've been treated to recently.

Even so its actually vocally a good song for Axl at the moment, there is a fair amount of rasp and improvisations from Axl which always sound pretty cool, especially when he is motivated like he seems to be at present.

7 minutes ago, maxpax said:

thx for the upload...why don't they just do the UYI/Freddie Mercury Tribute KOHD? This post 1993 versions are horribly lame....from all the classic ballads...the only song which still has this UYI vibe is Don't Cry...

Freddie Mercury Tribute sure was awesome.