04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

9 minutes ago, maxpax said:

thx for the upload...why don't they just do the UYI/Freddie Mercury Tribute KOHD? This post 1993 versions are horribly lame....from all the classic ballads...the only song which still has this UYI vibe is Don't Cry...

Are you from Denmark too :-)

Sorry to say this, but Axl did not sound good at all. I don't know why some keep saying these are amazing performances? I am afraid of what is going to happen when he gets out of his throne. I know the band is getting paid a lot for this " reunion", but I don't think they are going to be too excited about their lead singer sounding like Mickey Mouse during the tour. We need to be honest with ourselves here. Nobody is saying for Axl or the band to be exactly like they were in their prime, but these songs need a little bit of anger and dirtiness to them. Axl's high pitch Mickey voice takes the enjoyment out of it. The band is also too fast on these songs and there is no soul in the performances. I guess we'll see where things stand when Axl gets back from touring with ACDC, but I am a little concerned about this whole thing at the moment.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

I'm sorry, but I really do think they are amazing performances. Especially the 2nd night of Vegas and the 2nd night of Mexico.

Is each and every song album quality? Of course not. It's live music. Am I enjoying myself when watching these performances? Yes, very much so. If I didn't, I wouldn't have crawled out of bed, or even stayed up, to watch any of the shows after the first one. Enjoyment is what it's all about for me.

I enjoy the band's energy, and I personally think Axl sounds great on most songs - fantastic on some, even, like Coma, Nightrain, Live and Let Die etc.

I appreciate that not everyone feels the same way, and I'm sorry that you're obviously not enjoying the shows as much as I am. But for me, GN'R are back, and I'd be delighted if they held a concert anywhere near me.

I hope I am proven wrong when Axl gets well from his injury. I am just not feeling good about this. I expected his voice to be stronger at this point. I am going to the San Diego show.  

P.s it is not just Axl, I don't sense the joy and soul in the band while they are playing their music. UTLH should never be played again if how they played it last night is going to be the standard. I feel this way about several of the songs.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

16 minutes ago, James Bond said:

The main thing is Axl is actually trying and giving a shit. Makes a huge difference. From 2011 on we even had Mickey Jungle and Nightrain performances for the most part. Now those songs sound like 1993 again. I'll take a Mickey Sweet Child and bits of other songs if it's a price to pay for him bringing it where he truly needs to.

Again....this.

I think people are missing out on the fact that the dude is human. If he needs to put less into some songs to sound better for the show as a whole, then I have no problem with it whatsoever.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I hope I am proven wrong when Axl gets well from his injury. I am just not feeling good about this. I expected his voice to be stronger at this point. I am going to the San Diego show.  

P.s it is not just Axl, I don't sense the joy and soul in the band while they are playing their music. UTLH never be played again if how they played it last night is going to be the standard. I feel this way about several of the songs.

Yeah, UTLH wasn't the best. And SCOM is a song Axl seems to struggle with. But when I feel like that, I look at shows like Tokyo 1992, when it took Axl several songs to really get going, so he didn't sound his best on each and every one of them. Yet, I still love that concert.

I do think the band plays some of the songs a little too fast. And I miss the original TIL guitar solo. Plus, I look forward to Axl being able to move around again, which I think will enhance the shows, and the connection between him and Duff and Slash, which will hopefully in turn enhance the joy and soul of the band. So, I am not saying that everything is perfect.

When I watch the shows, though, even on periscope, which isn't the best quality, the time just seems to fly by, and I am thoroughly enjoying myself. When I feel as though I could have easily listened to them for another three hours, that's amazing to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

Yeah, UTLH wasn't the best. And SCOM is a song Axl seems to struggle with. But when I feel like that, I look at shows like Tokyo 1992, when it took Axl several songs to really get going, so he didn't sound his best on each and every one of them. Yet, I still love that concert.

I do think the band plays some of the songs a little too fast. And I miss the original TIL guitar solo. Plus, I look forward to Axl being able to move around again, which I think will enhance the shows, and the connection between him and Duff and Slash, which will hopefully in turn enhance the joy and soul of the band. So, I am not saying that everything is perfect.

When I watch the shows, though, even on periscope, which isn't the best quality, the time just seems to fly by, and I am thoroughly enjoying myself. When I feel as though I could have easily listened to them for another three hours, that's amazing to me.

Well I am glad you are enjoying them.

2 hours ago, Lucio92 said:

Guns N' Roses Outta get me Live Coachella 2nd Night 

Fuck me can't believe I fell asleep and missed this otgm live!! If someone here says the band didn't sound sick as hell on this one idk what's wrong with you. Axl sounds fuking great and him and slash both look crazy into this one. 

Now that was GNR!

which songs did they live steam. (360 shit) after all 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Axls5thMetatarsel said:

Fuck me can't believe I fell asleep and missed this otgm live!! If someone here says the band didn't sound sick as hell on this one idk what's wrong with you. Axl sounds fuking great and him and slash both look crazy into this one. 

Now that was GNR!

which songs did they live steam. (360 shit) after all 

November Rain and Knockin.