04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

40 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Shut up, fool. The guy released 39 albums. There is plenty of great stuff there. He was a phenomal performer and guitarist. As for being a junkie, he wasn't one in the sense moste of GNR were at one point in time. He, as it appears, used medication to help with a health problem. That's a difference. He wasn't a recreational drug user. Axl is weird too. That's not a bad thing.

Blocked

Out Ta Get Me was pretty good. We'll see how the band performs once Axl is running around again and performing instead of just singing. He needs to get in better physical shape for the tour. Slash needs to continue what he did in OTGM. 

The drummer is still a problem.

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Lol. Axl hasnt sung like 90s axl since well.. The 90s. And gnr has continued to sell out arenas and now stadiums since then.. Have you been to a post 90s gnr show? I saw them in 2012 when Axls voice was far worse than it is now and he still blew my mind with a great show!! And that was with fucking dj ashba in the band.. So i really couldn't disagree more with your post. 

Couldn't agree more...you nailed it man. The 1991 Axl/GnR ain't comin' back. Neither is the 1988 GnR.

To paraphrase McBob: "You wanted 1991 GnR...well they couldn't fuckin' make it. So enjoy what you get...from 2016!! Guns And Roses!!"

• Like 1

Finally getting caught up on the videos. Hands down the best Knockin' of the tour so far. The tempo was good, the groove was there, and the jams were all around enjoyable. I could listen to that all day.

Out Ta Get Me really surprised me. With the first pre-chorus I got worried that Mickey was going to take over, but suddenly the fire lit up and Axl killed it the rest of the song. The band sounded excellent on that one too. Even Frank didn't fuck off with a bunch of fills - he played it near exact to the album version. Good on him!

UTLH was indeed shit but if that's the worst song of the tour then I'm not worried. I feel like they just kind of threw it in there. No big deal really.

I'm so pumped for the tour but for now I'll have to fill the void with these videos and Axl/DC.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bumblefeet said:

I get the argument for at least one new track or cover per show, plus they really should have done a bigger Prince tribute considering Duff & Slash's fandom.

Maybe they were but Bruce Springsteen beat them to Purple Rain at his show in Brooklyn. Bruce's cover was good but Guns with Axl, duff & Slash's tone would've been epic