04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

Never was a fan of KOHD Illusions version, but I think this one was pretty amazing. Best version so far on this tour.

Not best Axl performance on NR but Slash killed it. Sounded like studio. Very impressive.

Still can't wait to hear a full show pro shot! I'm totally happy with those performances so far, was expecting way less TBH. Hearing Axl rocking the fuck out of Jungle, Nightrain and Coma combined with Slash's guitar is phantastic. 

I couldn't care less about people still complaining. 

Edited by Free Bird

4 minutes ago, lassie said:

Hope they will play. Get In The Ring, on the tour, it is very rare we hear that live :-(

I don't think they have ever played it live. It is my wife's favorite GNR song , oddly enough. 

• Like 1

Axl starts Used to Love Her absolutely ripping through it, 2010 style, but soon dials it back, as if he realized "shit, I can't do that". I thought he sounded good in general, but it was one of the weaker shows this year (in the second Mexico show he kicked the shit out of nearly every song).

His body language alone shows very clearly that he is giving everything he's got, and that makes me refrain from criticism. To see him drop down a notch after going all out in Mexico, though, worries me a bit. Yesterday I even though that his regular lower register voice sounded thinner than in the previous shows.

Everybody loves the rasp and it's nice to see Axl pushing himself, but I hope he doesn't blow his voice trying to reach heights no longer acessible to him, ending up in 2011 all over again.

7 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Axl starts Used to Love Her absolutely ripping through it, 2010 style, but soon dials it back, as if he realized "shit, I can't do that". I thought he sounded good in general, but it was one of the weaker shows this year (in the second Mexico show he kicked the shit out of nearly every song).

His body language alone shows very clearly that he is giving everything he's got, and that makes me refrain from criticism. To see him drop down a notch after going all out in Mexico, though, worries me a bit. Yesterday I even though that his regular lower register voice sounded thinner than in the previous shows.

Everybody loves the rasp and it's nice to see Axl pushing himself, but I hope he doesn't blow his voice trying to reach heights no longer acessible to him, ending up in 2011 all over again.

Do you think he can do the AC DC tour, and Guns tour with his voice good? Or do he has to slow it down a little

Just now, lassie said:

Do you think he can do the AC DC tour, and Guns tour with his voice good? Or do he has to slow it down a little

There is no way to know, but I think most of AC/DC's songs are in his "safe" range, very high pitched - probably similar to nightrain. Even on a weaker show such as yesterday's, he was amazing on nightrain, so he might pull off the AC DC no problem. I'd rather see him taking the risk, as inactivity usually takes a big toll on his voice.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Having Melissa singing background vocals instead of prerecorded tracks is awesome too. 

She's been such a pleasant surprise to the live show. Every time I hear a new really on point harmony, it's Melissa.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Amir said:

I like how Axl sang November Rain clean at this show without resorting to the "silly voice" he often does on that song, was pretty much how I think it should always sound.

True, sounds good, and awesome with Shenmue 3, love 1 and 2 on Dreamcast :-)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Amir said:

I like how Axl sang November Rain clean at this show without resorting to the "silly voice" he often does on that song, was pretty much how I think it should always sound.

I hate how he sings November Rain now, it's like he's trying to sing soft enough to hear the instrumentals behind him, like if he sang too loud he would get lost on the song. It's just too soft of a voice when I feel  his deeper louder range suits him more now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky.Monkey said:

Cool article, but sadly it changes the topic right about when its becoming interesting. I wanna know what exactly happened two years ago after that flyer thing

• Like 2