04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

1 hour ago, thunderram said:

That's the worst thing about this forum. The forum is great for getting info and sharing excitement over the band and tours, but the over the top critiquing is beyond ridiculous. These people act as if they go to work and do their job flawlessly day in and day out without variation.

Furthermore, the core members of the current band created or had a major hand in creating these songs. I find it extremely laughable when overly critical fans claim that they are performing the songs wrong. It's their expression. However it happens to come out is how it is supposed to be. The recorded versions are merely a snapshot of their artistic creation and not the only way the song is meant or supposed to be performed. Take "You're Crazy" for example. They happened to record 2 different versions of it, unlike most songs, so you can clearly see that are different ways to express the same idea. Same goes for the ALT version of Don't Cry which has different lyrics. In most instances, there's only one benchmark recording. However the beauty of touring and playing LIVE is that the artist can alter the way they choose to express themselves / perform their art ----similarly to the alternate recordings mentioned above. When they do that, they haven't performed it wrong. They simply gave you a slightly different way of expressing it.

PREACH THIS

I'm fine with the guitar players reworking stuff live. Keeps it fresh to a degree. 

But Dj Robin can't change shit but Slash can? It's the 21st century, what a man needs is a little consistency? All bran keeps you regular. 

I wish Hybrid Guns would do You Could Be Shackler's. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AslatIE said:

@iftheworld don't you think that calling Prince's music terrible is just not very appropriate right now?

I'm sorry. It's my opinion. I realize the man has passed but it's how i feel. Just because he's passed doesn't mean I'm going to take my opinion about his work. I do respect him as a man.

Edited by iftheworld

Out Ta Get Me was awesome! I hope they'll start to play it more often, I love the song and I think they did a way better job on it than they're doing on You Could Be Mine for example.

Chinese and Better sounded awesome as well, those are the two I'd like them to keep from CD. I'd add Sorry if they wanna play three 'cause I love that song (no matter who the lyrics are aimed for).

And Nightrain, well... I can only insist it's the best hard rock song ever written!! :headbang:

I really don't know anyone that would notice if YCBM left the setlist...maybe they enjoy playing it but it's been a drag on the setlist along with TIL which could easily be replaced with Out Ta Get Me and Used to love her

also going from November rain, to OTGM and then back KOHD and then on to Nightrain makes no sense! You go from slow song to one with energy then back slow then back to energy...but then again it might be better than 4 slow songs in a row. I have no problem with a majority of the setlist I just think it could be paced a bit better. What do you guys think works? 

31 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Out Ta Get Me was awesome! I hope they'll start to play it more often, I love the song and I think they did a way better job on it than they're doing on You Could Be Mine for example.

They fucking killed it on OTGM for the first time.. I literally watched it ten times tonight.

All this talk about which Chinese song to drop.. Just drop them all ;) Or at least a couple

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

You Could Be Mine is in my Top 3 songs and I'd be pretty pissed if they dropped it.

As for TIL, I like the song a lot but it is becoming a drag in the set list. Just kind of seems out of place where it is to begin with, and it's definitely a momentum killer.

sorry I'm really bitter towards this song since gnr management allowed this POS to be put on vevo and then have 3,000,000 people think this is the best of Axl....he sounded good at Coachella on YCBM but still it must be a tough one for him if he doesn't go for it the way he does other songs. 

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They fucking killed it on OTGM for the first time.. I literally watched it ten times tonight.

All this talk about which Chinese song to drop.. Just drop them all ;) Or at least a couple

I remember how happy I was when I saw Slash nailing it at the LAYN benefit gig in 2009. Duff was also there but the bad thing was that Billy Idol sang it and I don't think his voice fits the song at all. Then in 2012 SMCK played it with Lzzy Hale on vocals and it was so fn' killer that I was really hoping I was gonna get to see Slash and Axl playing it together again at some point. Now I hope they'll keep it in the set forever, just like Coma!

I would drop 'em all but as I know that's not happening, I'd be ok if they kept these two as they're high energy songs and they fit the set a lot better than a song like This I Love, at least to me.