04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

15 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Shame the solo's a total mess with no discernible melody whatsoever...

Well I guess you have right for your opinnion. I do like the original version of This I love but also the latest Slash "version" is excelent in my opinnion. The ending is for me what makes the "Coachella" Slash version shine over other versions. The harmony of Axl & Slash is just magical. :)

Hi , I finally managed to register. Greetings from Argentina.
Axl is amazing. Slash great as always, here I have also heard people be dissatisfied with the solo in This I Love... anyway, waiting to the confirmation of a South American tour.
I hope you understand, I use google translator because not English ji ji.

With everybody complaining about slash murdering the one song on CD, why don't you get ashba and finck back so they can murder every other guns song there is? 

Seriously grow up and enjoy this time. Bowie's gone, Hendrix is gone, Jim Morrison is gone. All that's left are old songs and performances. So make the most of slash and axl together rather than dissect each and every random aspect of GN'R. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, action said:

"out ta get me" is my personal highlight of this side of the "not in this lifetime tour". That song just oozes of the AFD vibe. So glad they played this.

Yeah, they really nailed it.. Great job all around and Axl nailed it... Fortus almost throw them off at 1:15 by playing Slash's lead fill.. Just shut up and play rhythm dude.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, they really nailed it.. Great job all around and Axl nailed it... Fortus almost throw them off at 1:15 by playing Slash's lead fill.. Just shut up and play rhythm dude.

I think he had a brain fart with muscle memory - didn't he used to play that lick with new Guns?

Just now, James Bond said:

I think he had a brain fart with muscle memory - didn't he used to play that lick with new Guns?

I didn't follow NuGuns but probably.  That is what rehearsal is for though.. They recovered though and it still kicked major ass. 

• Like 1

Slash's TIL solo is as much of a mess as Jeb Bush

Setlist is otherwise very solid, just wish they'd drop the covers like Seeker and New Rose for more Appetite tracks like My Michelle, Think About You, maybe You're Crazy

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Slash's TIL solo is as much of a mess as Jeb Bush

Setlist is otherwise very solid, just wish they'd drop the covers like Seeker and New Rose for more Appetite tracks like My Michelle, Think About You, maybe You're Crazy

Drop TIL.. problem solved ;)

I would love to hear more Appetite tracks and I bet most of the audience would as well...

• Like 4

Just now, Heff said:

I cannot stop watching the Out Ta Get Me video on YouTube..... It is mind- blowingly good!!! 

LET ME SEE YA FUCKIN'

TTTRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! 

Pretty fucking bad ass... There are some songs that they can't get right but this wasn't one of them. I watched it like 10 times last night.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

if fortus was Izzy i would actually forgive him for messing up and i would qualify it as "classic GNR chaos" but since he is Richard, he is and always will be, an "additional musician" it is my view he should just do his job.

people come to these shows for seeing Slash with Axl after 23 years, not for seeing richard messing up momentum.

Richard is no doubt a great fella, but this is GNR we're talking about. most dangerous band in the universe. Richard doesnt keep his cool like Izzy did. Richard didnt write most of the GNR back catalogue. He hasnt shat on an airplane, and he certainly doesn't have the balls to tell Axl to piss off.

Izzy is the beating heart of GNR: he is allowed to mess up Slash's solo; it's part of the package

• Like 1