04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

I'm not flaming or trying to start a pissing contest but Slash hasn't been overly impressive at all.  In fact, he's messing up quite a bit honestly.  His timing is way off, he's noodling, and he's flat noting like hell in certain spots.

I'm going to see them in Nashville and I'm loving the quasi reunion but Slash has been a slight dissapointment for me.

• Like 1

---

Video is blocked by Coachella, I'm going to upload it to Mega, but it will take some time again... :/

---

Hello everyone!

Here is the almost full show on YouTube.
I know that I said that it will be up tomorrow night, but my upload speed was cut in half during the upload, because I reached my data limit. 
So it went from slow, to super slow (200-220 Kbps), I'm sorry about this.

[Blocked video] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZoHlcJ67RE&feature=youtu.be [Blocked video]

Edited by SD456
Video is blocked by Coachella, sorry about this.
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, k12 said:

that cool little solo from 2:28- 2:42, that was Richard wasn't it ? It sure did not look like Slash was playing that on his guitar

Yeah that's Richard playing - I wish they'd show him on the screen, it's stupid to keep the focus on Slash at that moment.

That rendition of CD is pure gold!

Just now, SD456 said:

Hello everyone!

I know that I said that it will be up tomorrow night, but my upload speed was cut in half during the upload, because I reached my data limit. 

[Blocked video] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZoHlcJ67RE&feature=youtu.be [Blocked video]

---

Video is blocked by Coachella, I'm going to upload it to Mega, but it will take some time again... :/

Hello.. What kind of quality are we talking about??  Pro shot?? HQ?? 

Let me now. Im very interested

10 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Hello.. What kind of quality are we talking about??  Pro shot?? HQ?? 

Let me now. Im very interested

Well, some videos are pretty great quality, but there are some songs that I didn't find on YouTube, so I used Periscope streams instead, which are pretty low quality, but at least you can hear the songs.
I'm at work now, but when I get home I will upload it again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

"And Slash? Among the lasting legacies of GNR 2016 -- and there will be many -- one of them is to surely cement Slash's status as one of the greatest, most furious, rock 'n roll guitarists of all time. With Rose's immobility especially, Slash is carrying a heavy load, and the man is proving himself to be more than up to the challenge."

That's from the most respected music magazine there is. 

No history lesson on Slash needed as I'm well aware of who he is.  He's my biggest influence in music period but the facts are the facts and he's flubbing quite a bit.  I knew it wouldn't be a popular thing to say but it's the truth.

It wouldn't change my mind if Axl wrote a 10 page article in the NY Times about how great Slash has been it still doesn't change that Slash has been less than sharp (in spots).  I'm not talking about his improvised Chinese Democracy spots cause I fully expected that...  However, if you're in the majority who think his TIL solo is 'epic' then I know instantly that there's nothing we can logically discuss together.

Edited by Smokin' Cigarettes
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Smokin' Cigarettes said:

No history lesson on Slash needed as I'm well aware of who he is.  He's my biggest influence in music period but the facts are the facts and he's flubbing quite a bit.  I knew it wouldn't be a popular thing to say but it's the truth.

It wouldn't change my mind if Axl wrote a 10 page article in the NY Times about how great Slash has been it still doesn't change that Slash has been less than sharp (in spots).  I'm not talking about his improvised Chinese Democracy spots cause I fully expected that...  However, if you're in the majority who think his TIL solo is 'epic' then I know instantly that there's nothing we can logically discuss together.

It's a difficult solo to pull off cause it's long with a lot of changes so it's easier to lose direction especially when Slash is trying to compose a different solo in his style. Seems like he's putting it together and the second half is mostly there already direction wise, some of the note choices too, he's figuring it out.

It just takes time to feel comfortable to improvise over. When he'll know exactly what coming and after a few attempts he'll know the places he wants to be on the neck, timing, and all the note choices without even thinking about it just like he did on Chinese already. But that's not a ballad so Slash is naturally more comfortable improvising on that but he'll get there with This I Love as well. Not even 10 shows...

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

It's a difficult solo to pull off cause it's long with a lot of changes so it's easier to lose direction especially when Slash is trying to compose a different solo in his style. Seems like he's putting it together and the second half is mostly there already direction wise, some of the note choices too, he's figuring it out.

It just takes time to feel comfortable to improvise over.

I feel what you're saying and it's true, however, this is the lead guitarist for one of the most well-known rock bands in the music history.   He's a paid professional who's making some serious bank per show and not just some regular Joe like you or I up there playing the hits.  For what people are paying to see them he needs to get his improvising down in rehearsals and in the hotel, not in live concert.  Football teams don't run new plays they've never practiced before in a real game, they get that stuff ironed out during the week of practice leading up to the game.

I'm not much of an apologist because he's had time to nail it down and I paid over $2k for 3 tickets to see them in Nashville on July 9th so I fully expect to not be noodled and flat noted to death when I see them.  

36 minutes ago, Smokin' Cigarettes said:

I feel what you're saying and it's true, however, this is the lead guitarist for one of the most well-known rock bands in the music history.   He's a paid professional who's making some serious bank per show and not just some regular Joe like you or I up there playing the hits.  For what people are paying to see them he needs to get his improvising down in rehearsals and in the hotel, not in live concert.  Football teams don't run new plays they've never practiced before in a real game, they get that stuff ironed out during the week of practice leading up to the game.

I'm not much of an apologist because he's had time to nail it down and I paid over $2k for 3 tickets to see them in Nashville on July 9th so I fully expect to not be noodled and flat noted to death when I see them.  

You're right. I hope Axl fires his ass if he doesn't improve soon. Too sloppy for this band I'm sorry. Even if Ashba was 6 years in the band so that kinda gives Slash at least some time to pull his shit together. As far as I'm concerned Slash has 1 month to sort it out or I will no longer be a fan. He's fucking it up for all of them. Play it right or bring back Bumble. He got it 100% guitar hero perfect from the get go.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SD456 said:

---

---

Hello everyone!

Can you upload it on a torrent page too? (dimeadozen. chinesedemocracy.com)

what did you tape it with? a mobile phone?

Edited by xBrownstonex

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

You're right. I hope Axl fires his ass if he doesn't improve. Too sloppy for this band I'm sorry. Even if Ashba was 6 years in the band so that kinda gives Slash at least some time to pull his shit together. As far as I'm concerned Slash has 1 month to sort it out or I will no longer be a fan. He's fucking it up for all of them. Play it right or bring back Bumble. He got it perfect from the get go 100% guitar hero perfect.

You can't be serious?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rovim said:

You're right. I hope Axl fires his ass if he doesn't improve soon. Too sloppy for this band I'm sorry. Even if Ashba was 6 years in the band so that kinda gives Slash at least some time to pull his shit together. As far as I'm concerned Slash has 1 month to sort it out or I will no longer be a fan. He's fucking it up for all of them. Play it right or bring back Bumble. He got it perfect from the get go 100% guitar hero perfect.

Too bad. Unfortunately you're one of, I don't know, like ten people around the world who actually cares about Chinese Democracy. 

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Smokin' Cigarettes said:

At the same time, it's Slash and it's GNR, he's far from the only culprit, and they've always been far from the tightest band live. Going back all the way to the 80s, they've never been consistently tight like Metallica or Maiden. But people have always enjoyed the almost fall off the rails feeling of this band, warts and all. You'd get more note for note perfection from a U2 or Muse show.

• Like 1