04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

12 hours ago, SD456 said:

Okay guys, here is the almost full show again, now it's on Mega. I will upload it to chinesedemocracy.com too.

https://mega.nz/#!HYYU3QgD!o_pxr39WLql1W9f6_uj24cWVaR84-05atNq7nzrw8_s

This is a video I edited from YouTube (amateur) videos and from Periscope streams, the only "ProShot" video in this one is the 360° video which is from the official Coachella stream.

Some songs are missing, that's why I said it is the almost full show.

Very good work :-)

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:55 AM, sanity_lost said:

I thought it was fan art too. But I thought it was awesome the first time I saw it.

I still think it is awesome.

It was an official poster there were just 150 of them. They are numbered. I have 117/150. These was a shirt to match. Weekend one was a different post there were 250 of the plus a shirt to match.

41 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Slash's tone is fucking unbelievable here. Close your eyes and find this Gilmour touch in his beautiful Les Paul. Great performance. 

Cool to see 4tus and Slash doing a kind of a duel here. Really a great idea for the set! 

And also I have to congratulate Melissa for doing some good vocals on November Rain.

Edited by jpduff
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jpduff said:

Cool to see 4tus and Slash doing a kind of a duel here. Really a great idea for the set! 

And also I have to congratulate Melissa for doing some good vocals on November Rain.

Yup. I love that they haven't just pushed Fortus to the back and told him to play some chords. He's a brilliant guitarist, and him and Slash really bring the best out of each other. An album with these two... jesus.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Slash's tone is fucking unbelievable here. Close your eyes and find this Gilmour touch in his beautiful Les Paul. Great performance. 

Axl sounded pretty good here, especially the end! Loved how he threw his foot onto the piano at the end too :D 

Slash's outro solo was better, but still not up to scratch, keeps going for that high bend around the 21st fret and failing hard (Slash, it ain't in the original and it looks like you can't pull it off... so! maybe stop doing it? or practice the fucking thing :P)

Slash and Richard played off each other really well on Wish you were here. Richards tone... my oh my! delicious! great sounding guitar and amp set up. Slash's tone sounded nice too, but I prefer the creamier side of things, and Slash doesn't seem to do that anymore.

3 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Where's the fun in that? he's probably just trying to keep it interesting for himself.

I like getting away from the original in almost all cases, I was just saying that deviating in this particular case was making him screw up. I love variations away from the original, if you want to hear the cd stay at home... but out of tune bends are like nails on a chalk board for me! 

having said that, he might stumble onto something really cool from going down this path, so who knows! just as long as he bends in tune I'll be happy :P

*edit - I did leave the option (as if I have any sway) for him to keep doing it but practice it so he can nail it!

Edited by Tom2112

On April 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Black Sabbath said:

Had no idea this was something "official"

image.jpeg

I had no idea the design would catch fire like it did when I posted it on Twitter on April 16.The GNR Italian Twitter account retweeted it and gave me credit.From there it was retweeted by more folks.Then it ended up on a Duff Fan page Instagram account 'familiamckagan'.This was the first time for me where I made a simple design that was actually getting more likes/retweets than usual.One week later,11am Saturday,I'm scrolling the newsfeed on my FB and see the design I made.At first glance,I thought one of my FB friends shared it,nope.I look closer and notice it's the Official GNR FB page posting it! I also noticed the design has been edited,but barely.All they did was reverse the middle finger hand.I'm glad you know what's up Black Sabbath when you seen it popping up a whole week before the band came out with their version.Thanks for believing me.Why would I lie about something like this anyway? Anyways,With or without acknowledgement,it's all of their copyrighted art anyway and I'm ecstatic they used it! Since the band is promoting this 'regrouping' tour around the big 3 (Axl,Slash,and Duff).I simply modernized my fav GNR logo,The AFD cross.I repositioned the Axl,Slash,Duff skulls,sadly removed Izzy n Adler's.filled in the open spots with the GNR Coachella bullet logo,and of course the skeleton middle finger hand idea which was from a Nightrains user(I forgot the name) brilliant piece of art.Thats it! Crazy!!!!! I saw the shirt on eBay with the design for $500! Sorry for this long rant Black Sabbath lol

• Like 4

6 hours ago, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

I had no idea the design would catch fire like it did when I posted it on Twitter on April 16.The GNR Italian Twitter account retweeted it and gave me credit.From there it was retweeted by more folks.Then it ended up on a Duff Fan page Instagram account 'familiamckagan'.This was the first time for me where I made a simple design that was actually getting more likes/retweets than usual.One week later,11am Saturday,I'm scrolling the newsfeed on my FB and see the design I made.At first glance,I thought one of my FB friends shared it,nope.I look closer and notice it's the Official GNR FB page posting it! I also noticed the design has been edited,but barely.All they did was reverse the middle finger hand.I'm glad you know what's up Black Sabbath when you seen it popping up a whole week before the band came out with their version.Thanks for believing me.Why would I lie about something like this anyway? Anyways,With or without acknowledgement,it's all of their copyrighted art anyway and I'm ecstatic they used it! Since the band is promoting this 'regrouping' tour around the big 3 (Axl,Slash,and Duff).I simply modernized my fav GNR logo,The AFD cross.I repositioned the Axl,Slash,Duff skulls,sadly removed Izzy n Adler's.filled in the open spots with the GNR Coachella bullet logo,and of course the skeleton middle finger hand idea which was from a Nightrains user(I forgot the name) brilliant piece of art.Thats it! Crazy!!!!! I saw the shirt on eBay with the design for $500! Sorry for this long rant Black Sabbath lol

Kudos, man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFGnR said:

I hope Axl goes on steroids and meldonium so he can perform like a madman at those stadiums!

I'm all for performance enhancing drugs. there must be the perfect rock star concoction for the occasion. 

• Like 2