04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

54 minutes ago, thunderram said:

This writer seems to believe in her sources indicating that something is indeed in the works. We'll see.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/04/23/guns-n-roses-prince-tribute-purple-rain-coachella-dead/

i would prefer an instrumental of this....plus maybe axl joining in in the middle or melissa singing the song. it would be a great intro for KOHD. "let this one reach the heaven!"

Edited by maxpax

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I'm all for any kinda spur of the moment jam/ cover/ whatever, but why would they pay tribute to Prince? Lemmy & Bowie would've been more likely. They have zero connection to Prince to my knowledge... I guess we can never say never, but I don't see it...

Duff is a huge fan of Prince. He learned how to play by listening to Prince's 1999 album, among other things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I'm all for any kinda spur of the moment jam/ cover/ whatever, but why would they pay tribute to Prince? Lemmy & Bowie would've been more likely. They have zero connection to Prince to my knowledge... I guess we can never say never, but I don't see it...

Duff was a huge Prince fan....Slash was as well.  I'd imagine Axl too.  It's fucking Prince.  And the difference is this is a festival show with the artist's death coming two days before they play......so it's timing basically.  

Just now, the-estranged-girl said:

Duff is a huge fan of Prince. He learned how to play by listening to Prince's 1999 album, among other things.

Jinx :)

• Like 2

Timing maybe... But Slash fuckin loved Lemmy and played many times with him. And I guarantee Bowie was a huge influence on all of them. Not to mention the connection Slash's mom had to Bowie. I mean no disrespect to Prince- totally respect his talent. I'm just saying, if not Lemmy then I don't think it's their thing. The timing is different here, I agree. I didn't know Duff was into him. Who knows?

Edited by Fitha_whiskey

19 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Slash already paid a tribute to Lemmy during New Year's Eve concert in Vegas. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Timing maybe... But Slash fuckin loved Lemmy and played many times with him. And I guarantee Bowie was a huge influence on all of them. Not to mention the connection Slash's mom had to Bowie. I mean no disrespect to Prince- totally respect his talent. I'm just saying, if not Lemmy then I don't think it's their thing. The timing is different here, I agree. I didn't know Duff was into him. Who knows?

And....Prince is a former Coachella headliner. I can certainly see it happening, but also would not be surprised if nothing happened.  

Duff already paid tribute to Lemmy with Hollywood Vampries on grammy's. I don't think Axl was Prince fan, and Duff and Slash are fans. He obviously wasn't big influence for GNR like Lemmy, Aerosmith or AC/DC but he was big musician maybe they will to something as tribute to him.

In a Seattle weekly article doesn't Duff credit Prince's music with saving his life? I would be surprised if they didn't pay there respects in someway.

I'm also hating the doctored cross, yes I know stuck in the past blah blah, but you can't mess with something that iconic!

4 minutes ago, HWolllert said:

I could imagine it to be completly mindblowing, having Axl on vocals and Slash on lead, doing a cover of Purple Rain. Just do it! :wow:

That's a fuckin wild idea man... In front of a bunch of trippin hipsters- fuck yeah! I'm for any kinda wild hair up the ass kinda spur of the moment deal from the band. And it is the last show before the summer tour- something big is gonna happen. Look at all the wild shit so far... Hmmmm... I'm more thinking some sort of guest...