Axl never used to introduce Slash?

I thought it was cool that Axl used his famous introduction of Slash (whatever it is, it's weird and pissed off and calls itself Slash) for the opening Vegas show that I attended. I don't believe he's used it since. He even followed up later in the show with the "needs no introduction but gets one anyway".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Axl never says "I'm Axl Rose, the singer".

Everyone should know Slash by now. lol

actually he once introduced himself as "Mr. Swing, Mr. Mood Swing" in Hannover 1992 ;)

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:10 AM, Nosaj Thing said:

Damn, I would love it if they played Bad Obsession.  That's probably my favorite underrated song.  It's just such a cool song with a heavy riff, and Axl wouldn't need to exploit his vocals too much.

I love it too! IMO it's better than Mr. Brownstone, it's totally rockin'. this is my favorite clip of it live, I love what he says about the girl who was distracting,  the way he calls her honey is just so damn hot. and I love where when it ends he talks about what some people are obsessed about;  something like I don't know any guys where it's not pussy and the dick crazed women and how he bets the guys would like it if there were any in the crown and when the crowd is cheering he says oh listen to those dick crazed women screaming and he's smiles that wonderful smile of his <3 just an excellent song from my second fave GN'R concert ever :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6msHP2HV1Ng

On April 24, 2016 at 4:17 PM, thunderram said:

I thought it was cool that Axl used his famous introduction of Slash (whatever it is, it's weird and pissed off and calls itself Slash) for the opening Vegas show that I attended. I don't believe he's used it since. He even followed up later in the show with the "needs no introduction but gets one anyway".

Agree.   I was there (can I go back again?).  That Slash intro was awesome.  And Slash just dominated both shows.......total class act.   Fucking GnR are back....

I remember isn't it the ritz where he introduces slash as '' half man, half beast. I'm not sure what it is, but whatever it is, it's weird and it's pissed off and it calls itself Slash...' I remember it because Axl is basically referencing The Thing where the dog handler guy tells Kurt Russell whatever's in there with the dogs is weird and pissed off.

23 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

"And over here.. Calling from the nearest liquor store in hell. Ladies and gentleman, this is Slash"

That was always one of my favorites.

is this on video anywhere?

I've heard about the "half man half beast" obviously, and the "devil with the les paul" but never this!

He introduced him in the Philly show I attended in 1991.

If he didn't introduce him in this clip, I'm guessing he may have introduced him at another point in time during the show.

And if he didn't introduce him at all, I'm guessing it only happened a handful of times.