Richard has been in GNR for 16 years quote

Yea its so ridiculous. People like madison dont think for one second, that a real reunion might not even work and could destroy it all, maybe. They dont think that what we have now can be a stable thing and that duff and slash apparently are more than fine with how the band looks right now.

its very childish behaviour, but no surprise, seeing where its coming from

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 3

With all the complications- there's no way axl would just put everyone from the old band back together and hope it flies right. He even said "it could only be slash and duff" in an interview.

I'd love to have izzy back in the band and i think it's a possibility in the future. They rolled with 3 guitars for awhile so no one would have to leave.

Steven will probably never be more than a guest here and there for a few shows.

Richard seems grateful they have included him for this regrouping, i can appreciate that.

DJ and Pitman are gone!- slash and duff are back- axl is happier than we've seen him in years-this is monumental. Exciting times.

Anyway feel free to continue with the complaining about richard and frank and how this whole thing isn't "perfect"

Did i mention they've been playing coma? something we've been dying to get for years. They are doing that for us, not joe six pack who doesn't know it exists

• Like 3

Not sure why the fact that Richard was brought into Guns N' Roses back in 2002 and that it was acknowledged in a few shows is at all controversial.

But again, this is GnR fans we are talking about, and there will always be a vocal minority who will complain no matter what.   Probably all bands have fans like this.. just whiny, unhappy people.

That's fine.  These shows have been amazing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Yea its so ridiculous. People like madison dont think for one second, that a real reunion might not even work and could destroy it all, maybe. They dont think that what we have now can be a stable thing and that duff and slash apparently are more than fine with how the band looks right now.

Dude, madison lives in her own reality.    She either reads things wrong most of the time or twists words around to suit what she wants.    Maybe both.    Not meant to be insulting, but it's true.   Even Axl himself has called out her bullshit.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, madison said:

When you wrote that the HOF inducted Deep Purple "because they didn't even know whom to induct or not induct" - I thought you were suggesting that DP wasn't worthy.  Glad to hear this isn't the case.  And I totally agree - DP's induction was long overdue. 

I thought it was pretty obvious that what he meant was that the reason it took so long to induct Deep Purple was that with so many line-up changes, it was difficult for the HOF to decide which members to induct.

Honestly, every one in the band other than Axl is probably a 'hired hand'..  (i.e. they are paid by GnR to perform), although I think it's better to just call them band members.    'hired hand' seems to be used more as a way to undermine or degrade the member's role in the band.   

The band is awesome right now and everyone in the band, in my opinion, should be regarded as a full fledged member of Guns N' Roses.    They've earned the respect, IMO. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

You GNR fans are fucking crazy. Arguing over every single fucking detail of ever tiny occurance, over analysing every last detail of everything, it's just madness. Listen to the music, enjoy the best lineup since '93. If not, check out, don't go to the shows. Simple as. Some of you lot turn me off coming on here. Christ.

You should have seen what this forum was like a few years ago :lol:. I've logged off many times over the years because of the insanity and the bickering and the absolute refusal of some people to be happy and just be vile and mean. But, GN'R is a crazy band and that craziness is reflected in the fandom. We are all a little crazy for still following and loving this band.

Good. I'm glad Richard is recognized. He's put in the time and he's damn good at what he's doing for the band.

I would hate to be at a job I loved for 16 years only to be booted out because some guy before me decided to come back. Don't get me wrong, I love Izzy. But come on. Some of you are so inhumane. You have no problem shitting on Richard's time with this band just because Izzy may or may not want to come back at some point. The guy has worked his tits off.

I think some of you are delusional anyway. Izzy was never going to come back full-time, and you are in denial if you thought he would.

Edited by Zeppelin
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

If the hybrid lineup is the easiest way to get new studio material, then I support it 100%. We'll just have to see how it goes. 

3 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

Honestly, every one in the band other than Axl is probably a 'hired hand'..  (i.e. they are paid by GnR to perform), although I think it's better to just call them band members.    'hired hand' seems to be used more as a way to undermine or degrade the member's role in the band.   

The band is awesome right now and everyone in the band, in my opinion, should be regarded as a full fledged member of Guns N' Roses.    They've earned the respect, IMO. 

Out of likes.

• Like 1

The Matt Sorum worshipping by certain people in this thread  :facepalm:  Sorum didn't write any songs on the UYI albums, he played on them. And he certainly wasn't what saved the band or made them what they are. Any half-way competent drummer could have replaced Adler. Izzy, Axl, Slash, Duff and arguably Adler made GnR what they were and only them making it to the UYI era in the first place was what allowed the band's continued success.

Also, who the fuck cares about the RRHOF?! It's a useless, ridiculous institution and being inducted clearly doesn't mean shit if you look at who was inducted and who wasn't over the course of history. They even inducted Dizzy.

As for Fortus: I don't see anything wrong with Axl saying some kind words to a guy who has stuck by him for a long time. Considering what a difficult douchebag Axl is, not many people do that and I'm sure Axl appreciates the loyalty.

Would I like to have Izzy back instead of Fortus (I don't give a shit about any of the drummers, old or new)? Hell yes, I would. I would love nothing more than to have Izzy back with the other three.

But people forget a few important things: Izzy hasn't been with the band for a long time and has never been part of the partnership. It was Axl, Slash and Duff who have dealt with the day do day work of running this band  for decades now. This kind of does make them more entitled to be running this thing in whichever way they want. Izzy seems to disagree and possibly demands equal treatment as the other 3 guys. In my heart, I kind of side with Izzy, but I also see where the other 3 are coming from. Maybe Izzy could legally enter into the partnership again or something? :shrugs:

Also, and I think this is a very important point, this whole hybrid-line up allows Axl to save face. Axl is one sensitive motherfucker and I think he would never agree to a reunion of the original line-up just like that. It would have automatically invalidated everything he did in the years after the break-up. But having a handful of his own (nu gnr) people still there, and only Slash and Duff joining? It makes it seem like just another version of the monstrosity that this band has become. This is also why they play CD songs. It acknowledges what Axl did while he was on his own. Pretty nice of Slash and Duff to do that.

So basically, I'm just really glad that there was a way of getting at least a partial reunion. Having Slash and Duff back is better than I ever hoped for and Richard and Frank are pretty unobtrusive and easy to ignore. If a hybrid-line up is what it takes to get 3 out of 4 of the most important GnR members back together again, then so be it. Stop bitching and enjoy what we have. And who knows, in time we might even get Izzy back.

4 minutes ago, Karri said:

Right. What do you know? You're one of these people who seemed to have apeared here only after hearing about the "reunion". You haven't been part of the ride. You don't know anything.

This hired hand shit talk is really disrespectful.

Oh really? Been here since 2003. You?

Edited by ksks12

5 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

I didn't think Matt created Jungle, Sweet Child O Mine or Paradise City. Since when were the Illusion albums the ones that put Gn'R on the top of the music scene?

As for Gilby, just about any thread that was created whenever this whole thing started "Why Richard? Why not Izzy or Gilby?!" People complained just as much just because they don't want Richard in the band.

Richard does a great job playing songs he didn't write too. He always does a great job playing songs he did contribute to.

The thing about Gilby is that he joined GnR while they were the pinnacle of music scene.. that made the situation easier for him to blend in... hence the talk of his return..he perfectly embedded himself into the GnR image..

Given your thoughts about Matt (hired gun).. you would love to see Steven back? Hypothetically speaking even if he was able to do full tour?

From Slash's biography, it seemed pretty clear that Slash wouldn't play with just anyone.  Has to be someone has has chemistry with.  Can we just accept the possibility that Slash likes playing with Fortus and just move on ?

• Like 1

GNR=AXL IZZY STEVEN DUFF / 

ADDITIONAL MUSICIANS: MATT DIZZY GILBY

SOURCE: LIVE ERA LP

4tus is a hired gun, u cant compare him to Izzy.

Axl can try to play 4tus' songs instead of Izzy's...hey wait a sec, he doesnt have any song, and Izzy has nearly half of the setlist :D 

• Like 1

Wow! What a fascinating discussion. I did not realize that there would be such an uproar over Axl introducing a member of the band. He also said that Melissa was the newest member. I am sure that was disrespectful to all and sundry as well.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gun Shy Assassin said:

Back in the 90s, I remember when Axl credited Matt Sorum to saving the band. I bet he wouldn't have referred to him as anything other than a full member at that point. 

Does that really say much? Axl was pretty much considering anyone who played with him as a member.

AXL: This "member" thing is quite interesting, I read in an interview where Matt [Sorum, drummer] said that if he didn't get made a member, he wasn't going to be in Guns N' Roses. The truth of the matter is, Matt's a member of GN'R, but it doesn't really mean anything. It's kind of like a clubhouse/gang thing. We're all members of this gang. What it boils down to is, whose yard is the tree house in? Matt's a member of GN'R, and his opinions are taken into consideration. As far as that's concerned, Gilby is a member too, Dizzy is a member of the band. With all the background singers, horn players, keyboardists - we look at it like we're all Guns N' Roses. But the bottom line is, the business is basically run by Slash and myself. Then we run whatever it is we're discussing by Duff and see if he's cool with it. Guns N' Roses is basically Slash, Duff, Doug Goldstein and myself, but there's a lot of other people involved that are a part of our lives and a part of our family.

DEL: Do you think Matt's gonna be pissed when he reads this?

AXL: It would be nice if he wasn't. I love everybody in this band. It's kicking ass and feels really warm and really cool onstage. At this point it's the 12 of us that get onstage and f?!king go all out.

DEL: There's 12 of you?

AXL: There's Teddy, there's Dizzy, there's Roberta, Tracy, Lisa, CeCe, Anne, Gilby, Matt, Duff, Slash and me. Slash put this new band together, did all of the groundwork. He did such an amazing job that I just can't believe it really happened. I'm glad to be a part of it. It's a pretty huge thing, and we might even add some dancers, like we used to have back in the old Troubadour days. It's something we've considered.

http://www.w-axl-rose.com/Articles/Art_RIP_1992.html

And to clarify my position on this.... Everyone who is not the owner of the band is a hired hand because no matter how nice the owners are at letting them have their say and make decisions, when it all boils down to it they hold the reins. IF Axl, Duff, Slash didn't go back to the original GNR entity or create a new one then Slash and Duff are hired hands too. Just how it goes. It is weird that people using it as an insult or to dismiss what people have contributed to this band.

Edited by sanity_lost

Much ado about nothing. The guy stuck by Axl through shit times, collecting a paycheck or not he was there. 

There is an unshakable sense however that as hardcore fans, so far the reunion has seemed like Slash and Duff just joined Axl's band rather than an honest to god reunion. In fairness, it hasn't been necessarily marketed as a reunion by the band. Perhaps calling out Richard could play into this notion, but really it felt like Axl saying "hey, this guy is no scrub." I doubt Slash and Duff would have a problem with that if they're playing with the guy.