Richard has been in GNR for 16 years quote

12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Ah, well. I see many here interpreting pictures of Axl looking at Slash while he is playing as bordering adoration. Maybe it is? I don't know, but I fear it isn't much different from how Axl looked at Dj. [But maybe he then was just laughing.] He smiled and praised his band members before, too. But yeah, I could be wrong. But, and this is crucial, enjoying playing with them is very different from wanting to create with them, which is painfully obvious from the last lineup which he had a lot of fun with on stage...

I see a lot of potential in this, too. I just don't think there is much will to create there. BUT, I was stronger in this opinion before the first shows, and I am weaker in my position now when I have seen them play together. I hope you are all right on this and I am wrong. There is nothing I want more than a new record.

I am not interested in live shows, only in new music. And since I believe new music is more probable with something not so closely resembling a pure nostagia thing, then yes, I would prefer a different lineup.

It is important how Axl and Slash interact because of everything that went on between the two of them over the years. Axl never called DJ or Tommy a cancer so I don't think the smiles or laughing Axl shared with DJ or other member from the CD era can be compared with the laughing and praising  with Slash now. I don't know if the good vibe between Axl and Slash can be called adoration. But I think it's a very good thing to see Axl praising Slash and sharing a laughing with him

1 hour ago, Strange Broue said:

There was ZERO chance to the 2009-14 line up to come out with a new record (remember, record label already dropped back the second half of CD in 2010 probably because Slash was not on in it.... that's why Axl wanted to cancel the whole 2010 tour, but he changed his mind luckily....),

Nothing but conjecture. Axl held the keys to releasing new music, it was just a matter of him getting in the mode for it, which has always been the case and probably always will. Suddenly he could have entered a more productive phase and a record would have come out, somewhere somehow. You just got to accept his long-cycle productivity swings. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't waiting for a new record anytime soon, but I consider the probability of a new record in year X even lower now that he has gone into complete nostalgia mode.

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

It is important how Axl and Slash interact because of everything that went on between the two of them over the years. Axl never called DJ or Tommy a cancer so I don't think the smiles or laughing Axl shared with DJ or other member from the CD era can be compared with the laughing and praising  with Slash now. I don't know if the good vibe between Axl and Slash can be called adoration. But I think it's a very good thing to see Axl praising Slash and sharing a laughing with him

I think so too, I just don't equate the smiles with him wanting to make music with Slash again. It takes a little bit more to convince me ;)  But who knows, I have been wrong before.

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think so too, I just don't equate the smiles with him wanting to make music with Slash again. It takes a little bit more to convince me ;)  But who knows, I have been wrong before.

I wasn't talking about them making new music. Even if they want to do it because Axl and Slash are inlove with each other again, there is something call record company and those people also have a say about an eventual new album. Now they are on tour so I care about the tour. I think only time will tell about a new album

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Nothing but conjecture. Axl held the keys to releasing new music, it was just a matter of him getting in the mode for it, which has always been the case and probably always will. Suddenly he could have entered a more productive phase and a record would have come out, somewhere somehow. You just got to accept his long-cycle productivity swings. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't waiting for a new record anytime soon, but I consider the probability of a new record in year X even lower now that he has gone into complete nostalgia mode.

and the recod label is the lock :lol:

Do you think that tweet in 2010 before Reading (which is 6 years ago and is a minor thing in the scheme of things now) could be deleted because Axl changed his mind? He had contractual obligations, for fucks sake (and no, this is not the 90's anymore where he could shit all over the record labels/promoters head and they would thank him for it) so therefore he must obey or fuck off from his main source of income and his main source for ocassionaly creative mindset:shrugs:

I don't have to accept anything anymore, because i've been following this band since 2004 (more closely since 2006) seen the sorry ass state of this band from 2011 onwards and thought that this wil be an endless GH tour with a shit Axl voice. He is somewhat already proved me wrong, so...

give up, man, you're wrong on this one...

Axl owns the GNR name, Slash and Duff are in the partnership, but at the end of the day the record label owns Axl, Slash, Duff/GNR etc

P.S.: i like when madison was proved to be wrong (particulalry by factually correct posts from you) yet she comes back for more just to stir some shit up, it's hilarious :lol:

I love you guys and gals, all of you, regardless

Edited by Strange Broue

7 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

and the recod label is the lock :lol:

Maybe, but that is just a rumour. We don't know what has happened between GN'R and the record label. We don't know whether they have been an obstacle to the release of new music. It is all hearsay and speculations at this time. I believe that if Axl REALLY wanted to release music, he would have found a way to do so. Musicians usually manage to get out of unfavourable deals with their label because the record label has nothing to gain from having an artist on lockdown indefinitely. It benefits neither of them. Better to reach some compromise, maybe with a financial termination fee, that absolves everyone from contractual obligations and allows the parties to go their separate ways.

So I will continue to argue Axl is the one mainly responsible for the lack of new music.

I am sure the record label will look more favourable on a new release now that features Slash and Duff, but that doesn't mean Axl will necesarrily want to make a record with these guys. It takes two to tango. I hope he will but I am not entirely convinced of that, at least not based on smiles and good mood at shows.

But again, time will tell and as of right now none of us is right or wrong...yet.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Not much has change in some level. Axl still holds the key to a new release. Almost every option at his disposal now. All the Robin/Bucket/and the Paul material plus Slash, Duff and Fortus.

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Not much has change in some level. Axl still holds the key to a new release. Almost every option at his disposal now. All the Robin/Bucket/and the Paul material plus Slash, Duff and Fortus.

Yep. Let's fucking hope something happens. Axl has surprised me before - I never thought he would reunite with Slash - maybe he will realize that life's too short to spend ages tinkling with details and just release what he has.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 10:24 AM, madison said:

But, this tour is being hyped and promoted as a reunion of the original lineup "for the first time in 23 years" - and the last time I checked, it had not been 23 years since Richard and Frank played. Most fans want to see the guys who wrote, created and played these amazing songs -  and Axl knows that.

So, I think Axl's comment about Richard is his way of trying to defend his decision to keep two guys from the "lost dark" years in the lineup. If he got rid of them, he would be admitting that all of those years were a mistake and waste of time, which would be tough for Axl to do.   

I don't mind him bringing Richard along - but only AFTER all of the guys from the original lineup - Izzy, Steven/Matt - are onboard first. 

The only ones calling this a reunion are the press/media.....and a certain group of fans.  I've yet to hear that word come from Axl, Slash, Duff or anyone else involved. I see it as more like Slash & Duff re-joining Axl's band, which is what Axl supposedly wanted in the first place. Everyone is wondering why Axl looks so great and happy, happier than he has in years...it's because he won. Took a long ass time to get there, but he got what he wanted in the end - for Slash & Duff to join his vision of GnR. As far as I'm concerned, the fact that Slash & Duff are playing CD era material confirms it.

14 pages in.. Not sure if it's been pointed out or not but if my math is correct, the math here is wrong. Fortus joined GNR in 2002. It is now 2016. So it's actually only been 14 years.

Just figured I'd point that out.. Unless I'm missing something?!

Edited by Billsfan

On April 26, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Graeme said:

Personally, I think he was completely justified. He came in with the best intentions, did a stellar job, gave of himself way above and beyond just getting paid, actually gave a shit about the fans, wanted and tried to make the band a legitimate creative entity and ultimately got let down hugely. Fuck that.

Yeah I always respected bumblefoot the most out of the newgnr guitarists. Anytime you saw a new interview from ashba it was the same old bs. "Hey when's the new album coming out" and Dj would respond with "Yeah we're writing everyday and I've shared ideas with axl we've been recording it's coming out blah blah blah" whereas bumblefoot would at least be honest and say "nothing's going on. And if I have to keep putting up with this I'm out". 

Bumble was honest. Always will love that about him. 

On April 26, 2016 at 10:10 AM, tsinindy said:

Actually that makes it clear that you should only expect Axl, Slash and Duff...there will obviously be others.  But you're getting these three dudes for sure.  That's the way this has been marketed and promoted from the get-go and nothing has changed.

This.

The tour is being marketed around 3 guys: Axl, Slash and Duff. Notice they've advertised no one else from the band. Not Fortus, not Frank, not even dizzy. Boy good thing they didn't advertise pitman right :P Blood in the streets..

I recall seeing an ad in 2010 for that version of GNR and everybody in the band was shown. So it's clear they're only marketing 3 guys for a reason, probably because those are the only 3 they can guarantee being a part of this entire thing. I think under the right circumstances things with anybody could change at any time. But right now, things are pretty cool!

• Like 2

On April 26, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Padme said:

See, we don't have Dizzy, Frank and Richard at all in that add. So it's not marketed with the current line up you put it. Think about it we knew that Izzy was not going to be part of the past shows because he told us. GN'R camp didn't say a word. And with Adler being so silent we took it a hint of a possible participation. Until we saw the band on stage things look kinda open, certanly not 100 % clear

True. I mean common sense said dizzy would be there. Basic math told us Frank and Richard would. No one, AND I MEAN NO ONE IN THE WORLD, predicted Melissa freaking Reese to be a part of this. Before the troubadour show nobody in here even mentioned her name. Interesting, is it not?!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah I always respected bumblefoot the most out of the newgnr guitarists. Anytime you saw a new interview from ashba it was the same old bs. "Hey when's the new album coming out" and Dj would respond with "Yeah we're writing everyday and I've shared ideas with axl we've been recording it's coming out blah blah blah" whereas bumblefoot would at least be honest and say "nothing's going on. And if I have to keep putting up with this I'm out". 

Bumble was honest. Always will love that about him. 

Except for the fact that we're still waiting for Ron to tell whether he's still in GNR or not :lol: Love the guy anyway.

10 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

True. I mean common sense said dizzy would be there. Basic math told us Frank and Richard would. No one, AND I MEAN NO ONE IN THE WORLD, predicted Melissa freaking Reese to be a part of this. Before the troubadour show nobody in here even mentioned her name. Interesting, is it not?!

In fact, prior to the Troubador show, someone (Meegan? Susan? Don't remember) posted a pic from backstage where Slash and Duff were sitting with Melissa and some other girl and no one knew who she was nor considered the possibility of her being part of the band.

19 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Except for the fact that we're still waiting for Ron to tell whether he's still in GNR or not :lol: Love the guy anyway.

In fact, prior to the Troubador show, someone (Meegan? Susan? Don't remember) posted a pic from backstage where Slash and Duff were sitting with Melissa and some other girl and no one knew who she was nor considered the possibility of her being part of the band.

Yeah you're right there and I'm not arguing that. I just always thought something serious was up when the most honest guy in the band finally decides to leave then suddenly isn't so honest about it. Strange. Maybe someday we'll get an honest answer there?

And yes the troubadour pic! I was here on the forum. Saw the pic in the social media thread, barely batted an eye to both chicks in the pic, just like every other poster and mod here. Who would have thought one of them was a band member lmao.. I remember waking up the next day to the pics and the thread about her joining and thinking it was a joke or I was still dreaming or something...

Edited by Billsfan

17 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah you're right there and I'm not arguing that. I just always thought something serious was up when the most honest guy in the band finally decides to leave then suddenly isn't so honest about it. Strange. Maybe someday we'll get an honest answer there?

I guess management asked him not to announce his departure to avoid reunion rumors in case they couldn't make it happen or something like that. He took it pretty serious if that was the case :P

20 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

And yes the troubadour pic! I was here on the forum. Saw the pic in the social media thread, barely batted an eye to both chicks in the pic, just like every other poster and mod here. Who would have thought one of them was a band member lmao.. I remember waking up the next day to the pics and the thread about her joining and thinking it was a joke or I was still dreaming or something...

Haha it was quite shocking at first! Now, less than a month later, she has a bigger fanbase than Dizzy! :takethat:

Can't wait for her own emoticon by the way! Who's in charge? @RussTCB?

On 4/27/2016 at 11:05 PM, HollyAnn said:

He did say he wasn't involved... I don't see anywhere where he said he wasn't invited... 

izzymail.jpg

My post was summarizing the tweet - not quoting it word for word. Geesh. It doesn't change the point that I was making. 

He states "At this point in time, I'm not involved .... "  And this normally-private guy went out of his way to set up a Twitter account to make this comment. And he did this several weeks before the shows. If he had no interest in being part of the reunion shows, do you really think that he would have left his comfort zone to make this tweet? And to do so several weeks before the first shows?   

In my view, all of this makes it appear he wants to be part of this reunion - and perhaps he tweeted to the fans to let them know this, hoping they could pressure the powers that be to include him. And he ends it with "If anything changes, I'll contact you." - Why would he say that if he had no interest in the reunion?  Again, this is the point that I was making. 

Edited by madison

23 hours ago, ohmygod said:

How does it make you feel when Axl announces Melissa Reese as the NEW member in the band?

image.jpeg

I don't have a problem with Melissa. She's not "replacing" anyone from the original lineup. To me, she's no different than Tracey and Roberta from the Illusions days. I would have preferred the band bring in all of the original members before bringing in add-ons. But I don't have any problem with her. 

4 hours ago, Billsfan said:

14 pages in.. Not sure if it's been pointed out or not but if my math is correct, the math here is wrong. Fortus joined GNR in 2002. It is now 2006. So it's actually only been 14 years.

Just figured I'd point that out.. Unless I'm missing something?!

It's not 2006 so that means Fortus has been in GNR for longer than Slash and Axl combined. 

1 hour ago, madison said:

My post was summarizing the tweet - not quoting it word for word. Geesh. It doesn't change the point that I was making. 

He states "At this point in time, I'm not involved .... "  And this normally-private guy went out of his way to set up a Twitter account to make this comment. And he did this several weeks before the shows. If he had no interest in being part of the reunion shows, do you really think that he would have left his comfort zone to make this tweet? And to do so several weeks before the first shows?   

In my view, all of this makes it appear he wants to be part of this reunion - and perhaps he tweeted to the fans to let them know this, hoping they could pressure the powers that be to include him. And he ends it with "If anything changes, I'll contact you." - Why would he say that if he had no interest in the reunion?  Again, this is the point that I was making. 

No one disagrees with the possibility that Izzy might have wanted to be part of the shows, we are disagreeing with your statement that "all [Izzy] said was that he hadn't been invited" as a reply to my point that we knew from his tweet that he wouldn't be there for the April shows.

On 4/24/2016 at 10:33 AM, ksks12 said:

It's total inappropriate via Slash and Duff.

If Axl wants to continue to praise 2000-2014 period he should call his hired hands back (or hire new ones) and book a tour where the whole band got 350.000 usd.

This semi reunion would  open anyone's eyes, yet he still lives in some kind of parallel universe.

Well guess what Axl, as you probably guessed, it doesn't and the majority of the world didn't care about your side project (including fortus) that is why it still doesn't care if someone played with you inthis project for 16 years. It just reminds everyone how much time you have wasted claiming you owned sth. The rest of the world clearly didn't think it belong solely to you.

This guy has been the most stable musician outside of Axl and Dizzy since the UYI tours. the man is not a hired Gun. He damn well deserves acknowledgment for his effort and faith to this band. He's a great guy and an underrated guitar player. He's definitely the most talented rhythm guitar player Slash has played with. Some people need to think before they post. My god.

Edited by iftheworld
  • Like 4