Richard has been in GNR for 16 years quote

4 hours ago, Billsfan said:

True. I mean common sense said dizzy would be there. Basic math told us Frank and Richard would. No one, AND I MEAN NO ONE IN THE WORLD, predicted Melissa freaking Reese to be a part of this. Before the troubadour show nobody in here even mentioned her name. Interesting, is it not?!

But that's the thing. We shouldn't relay only on common sense and math. But we have no choice. So far we don't have a statement from the GN'R Camp saying loud and clear that Izzy and Adler will never be part of this new era. As long as we don't have such a statement nothing is 100% sure. And people will speculate, hope and dream about anything.

He can be in guns for 50 years but he's not and never will be a true gunner. Most dont even consider Dizzy to be one.

People seem to think that just because the guy has some technical chops that he's apparently a great fit for the band. Why not just hire Steve Vai then or put Bumblefoot in his place so he can shred the fuck out of everything?

No matter how many pretenders they bring in, Izzy will never be replaced.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RONIN said:

He can be in guns for 50 years but he's not and never will be a true gunner. Most dont even consider Dizzy to be one.

People seem to think that just because the guy has some technical chops that he's apparently a great fit for the band. Why not just hire Steve Vai then or put Bumblefoot in his place so he can shred the fuck out of everything?

No matter how many pretenders they bring in, Izzy will never be replaced.

He's not pretending to be anything. He's a great hard rock rhythm player that is really a lead player. He is a good fit imo for Guns not just because of his chops, but also cause he stylistically comes from the same place but brings his own hard rock vibe to the table.

Having the chops to play technically more complex stuff doesn't make you less of a player as proven by Bucket who had even more chops but for Gn'R came up with hearfelt solos like in Sorry and Twat.

Richard came up with the Better chorus riff, something that rocks hard, his influence on Slash is positive imo. Both styles work great together to my ears. Slash is much better of course, but Richard is there to mostly be a rhythm player and everything sounds mean and tight for Slash to wail on. I don't understand the complaints about Fortus at all.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Richard is not "just a rythm player" in the band at all.

During the 5 last shows, he played more lead parts than Izzy + Gilby during 10 YEARS  in Guns N' Roses!

His role onstage is MUCH more important in the current line-up than Izzy or Gilby ever were in the old band. Fortus gets a much bigger role.

Stop saying Fortus is the "rythme player" of the band. he is not. he is both Lead & Rythm. Go listen to "Knockin' On heaven's Door"... he even plays more leads an,d solos than Slash on this one. 

It's more balanced now with Fortus on guitar. More equilibrated. The roles are shared between Slash and Fortus and it's better for the band, for the collective!

I'm sure Fortus will be EVERYWHERE when a new album comes out. I can feel it.

Again, I hope he will be in the partnership at some point. 

Edited by Caraibes

6 hours ago, Padme said:

But that's the thing. We shouldn't relay only on common sense and math. But we have no choice. So far we don't have a statement from the GN'R Camp saying loud and clear that Izzy and Adler will never be part of this new era. As long as we don't have such a statement nothing is 100% sure. And people will speculate, hope and dream about anything.

Well if we started getting some interviews and press maybe we wouldn't have to play guessing games??? So I'm taking it as anything is possible.. Hell maybe Frank could get fired for Sorum?! Lol well maybe that's far fetched but you'd think they'd advertise the guy if the facts were otherwise... Anyways, again, I strongly disagree with anyone that says this "Area 51" promotion was a good idea just because we had no idea about the troubadour. 

On 4/24/2016 at 11:51 AM, madison said:

Matt wrote some of the music from the Illusions era. He was inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame for his contribution in helping to make GNR the biggest band on the planet.  

So, comparing Matt and Richard is ludicrous - one was a band member, the other a hired hand. 

I don't think so.  Pretty sure Sorum was never a partner...meaning he was also a "hired hand".

On 4/24/2016 at 5:31 PM, madison said:

Matt is credited for the drums on Right Next Door, Dust N Bones, Don't Cry, Perfect Crime,You Ain't the First, Bad Obsession, Back Off Bitch, Double Talkin Jive, November Rain, Teh Garden, Garden of Eden, 14 Years, Yesterdays, Get in the Ring, Shotgun Blues, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, So Fine, Estranged, and You Could Be Mine.  .... Perhaps you missed the Illusions albums?  They're quite good - you should check them out. 

So Matt "wrote these songs"? 

Are you suggesting that Estranged/November Rain ect. wouldn't exist without Matt?

43 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well if we started getting some interviews and press maybe we wouldn't have to play guessing games??? So I'm taking it as anything is possible.. Hell maybe Frank could get fired for Sorum?! Lol well maybe that's far fetched but you'd think they'd advertise the guy if the facts were otherwise... Anyways, again, I strongly disagree with anyone that says this "Area 51" promotion was a good idea just because we had no idea about the troubadour. 

We did have an idea about The Troubadour. That's obvious because of the rumors. And that's the biggest problem with their Area 51 policy. It doesn't really work properly. One way or another something always leaks and that leads to the guessing games. My point is (I use your example) if tomorrow we have rumors about Frank being fired and Sorum taking his place. Then it doesn't make any sense to keep silent on the matter until the first show of the tour. If the secret leaks then it is not too much of a secret anymore. So make a statement to end speculation.

8 hours ago, iftheworld said:

This guy has been the most stable musician outside of Axl and Dizzy since the UYI tours. the man is not a hired Gun. He damn well deserves acknowledgment for his effort and faith to this band. He's a great guy and an underrated guitar player. He's definitely the most talented rhythm guitar player Slash has played with. Some people need to think before they post. My god.

Whilst I agree with you, I would argue that Myles Kennedy equal or greater than Richard as regards guitar playing - check out his solo parts on the Alter Bridge songs, Cry Of Achilles, Fortress and Blackbird.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

Whilst I agree with you, I would argue that Myles Kennedy equal or greater than Richard as regards guitar playing - check out his solo parts on the Alter Bridge songs, Cry Of Achilles, Fortress and Blackbird.

Myles Kennedy is definitely better but he doesn't play guitar almost at all and when he does it's always something like 3 chords 

I've been completely avoiding watching any of these 2016 GNR shows because I want to be surprised when I see them.  Having not seen the video, I don't care that Axl was complimentary (possibly a little to much so?) of Richard.  Bottom line is that Axl, Slash and Duff aren't idiots.  They are well aware of the tumultuous relationship they've had.  In my mind, Axl was simply thanking Richard for being a professional, dependable and capable guitarist for him for a decade and a half.  He was thanking him for being a friend all those years.  I think even Slash and Duff would acknowledge that he has been a good friend to Axl.  Plus the guy knows many of the songs inside out at this point.   

I'll always say that I 110% want(ed) Izzy and Adler on this tour more than anything else.  But with both of them involved, there is a snowball's chance in hell that they would be able to keep it together for the entire summer. 

8 hours ago, iftheworld said:

This guy has been the most stable musician outside of Axl and Dizzy since the UYI tours. the man is not a hired Gun. He damn well deserves acknowledgment for his effort and faith to this band. He's a great guy and an underrated guitar player. He's definitely the most talented rhythm guitar player Slash has played with. Some people need to think before they post. My god.

He is a hired gun and has contributed zero to Gn'R's legacy. I don't care how great he is at rhythm, him and Slash have no chemistry. It almost seems like Slash is going to have to relearn his own fucking songs to make it work with this fool. He may be a great guitarist but he doesn't play the role of rhythm very well. He is a show boat and his ego won't let him revert to playing the songs they were meant to be played when Slash and Duff wrote them. If you believe he is the best guitar player Slash has played with, that is fine but Slash has never had less chemistry with someone and it shows. Slash was at the top of his game before this tour. Now it looks like he stepped back 30 years half the time between Franks fucked up drumming, fast tempos, Richard's overly loud guitars, constant showboating and manipulation of classic guitar rhythms.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

He is a hired gun and has contributed zero to Gn'R's legacy. I don't care how great he is at rhythm, him and Slash have no chemistry. It almost seems like Slash is going to have to relearn his own fucking songs to make it work with this fool. He may be a great guitarist but he doesn't play the role of rhythm very well. He is a show boat and his ego won't let him revert to playing the songs they were meant to be played when Slash and Duff wrote them. If you believe he is the best guitar player Slash has played with, that is fine but Slash has never had less chemistry with someone and it shows. Slash was at the top of his game before this tour. Now it looks like he stepped back 30 years half the time between Franks fucked up drumming, fast tempos, Richard's overly loud guitars, constant showboating and manipulation of classic guitar rhythms.

I think he is a hired hand but let's not blame him for Slash's mistakes... and their guitar duet proves you wrong. Plus Slash wanted him on HIS OWN band, man

That being said, i don't agree with ITW on the "best rhythm player Slash ever worked with)

Okay, we get it, you want Izzy and Steven back, but let's not blame somebody for a thing where he is innocent

ego? he is been in this band for 14 years, yet he doesn't come off as an egomaniac... Slash on the other hand... he lost this band 20 years ago, because he thought that Axl wouldn't carry on without him and he was proven wrong. End of story. What you posted is pure nonsense and butthurt

Edited by Strange Broue

10 hours ago, iftheworld said:

No he is the hired gun.

2 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

Plus Slash wanted him on HIS OWN band

Okay, we get it, you want Izzy and Steven back, but let's not blame somebody for a thing where he is innocent

I will take anyone that doesn't suck up the songs like Fortus and Frank.. Doesn't have to be Steven and Izzy even though they would rock. 

Where and when did Slash say he wanted Foreskin in his band? Not saying it isn't true but I have never seen it anywhere by forum members. 

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I will take anyone that doesn't suck up the songs like Fortus and Frank.. Doesn't have to be Steven and Izzy even though they would rock. 

Where and when did Slash say he wanted Foreskin in his band? Not saying it isn't true but I have never seen it anywhere by forum members. 

Fortus posted it on Facebook three years ago after someone posted that Slash thinks all NuGnR guys suck. He answered something like "Slash said that ? Funny because he asked me to join his band."

You can choose not to believe me but I saw him posting that with my own eyes.

Finally, Slash isn't interacting much with anyone on stage at the moment, not even Duff. If Fortus playing two solos a show is enough to throw a guitar god off balance, I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

If Fortus playing two solos a show is enough to throw a guitar god off balance, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not going to take a second hand facebook post by Fortus as gospel that that is what happened. 

It isn't his two lame solos fucking Slash up.. It is Foreskin's annoyingly high volume, the way he changes some of the rhythms around so they don't mesh, him soloing over Slash in Rocket Queen, him playing Slash's lead fills at the same time and throwing things off instead of just sticking to rhythm.. He isn't solely to blame.. The tempos and Franks fucked up drumming contributes too. It is just straight up awkward at times and there is no chemistry.. It is all forced together and anyone with a musical ear can hear it.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Somebody tried to hooray for tolerance! Fortus on his Facebook page in 2013 saying slash was saying all these nasty things about him, and Fortus chimed in and said slash wanted him in his band. Not a surprise, Fortus is a great player and much better for this band than gilby 

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Somebody tried to hooray for tolerance! Fortus on his Facebook page in 2013 saying slash was saying all these nasty things about him, and Fortus chimed in and said slash wanted him in his band. Not a surprise, Fortus is a great player and much better for this band than gilby 

My ears tell me different.. Slash and Fortus are like oil and water. 

Can you post all these nasty things Slash said about Fortus?