Richard has been in GNR for 16 years quote

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

My ears tell me different.. Slash and Fortus are like oil and water. 

Can you post all these nasty things Slash said about Fortus?

Yeah I'm with Tom on this one, was open to the idea of Richard at first, but slash needs a simple rhythm player that's happy to let slash take the spotlight, and Richard has gotten far too big for his boots for that role unfortunately.. Bring back Izzy!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'm not going to take a second hand facebook post by Fortus as gospel that that is what happened. 

It isn't his two lame solos fucking Slash up.. It is Foreskin's annoyingly high volume, the way he changes some of the rhythms around so they don't mesh, him soloing over Slash in Rocket Queen, him playing Slash's lead fills at the same time and throwing things off instead of just sticking to rhythm.. He isn't solely to blame.. The tempos and Franks fucked up drumming contributes too. It is just straight up awkward at times and there is no chemistry.. It is all forced together and anyone with a musical ear can hear it.

Foreskin? How old are you?

34 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

@Strange Broue where was it said that axl wanted to cancel the 2010 tour?

If I remember correctly. It was something Axl posted in his twitter back then. But later that tweet got deleted and as far as I know TB claimed Axl's account was hacked. Meaning the hacker in question wrote it, not Axl.

From what I remember, Fortus did tell someone once via facebook that Slash did want him in his band when responding to somebody who said something along the lines of Slash thinks your garbage.

Paraphrasing here, but that was the slant of it.

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I will take anyone that doesn't suck up the songs like Fortus and Frank.. Doesn't have to be Steven and Izzy even though they would rock. 

Where and when did Slash say he wanted Foreskin in his band? Not saying it isn't true but I have never seen it anywhere by forum members. 

How mad does this pic make you?

image.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, madison said:

I don't have a problem with Melissa. She's not "replacing" anyone from the original lineup. To me, she's no different than Tracey and Roberta from the Illusions days. I would have preferred the band bring in all of the original members before bringing in add-ons. But I don't have any problem with her. 

Ur missing my point though... You seem to have the idea that the band is promoting it as a reunion. And while I agree the promoters and media may be angling it that way to make more $$$, in no way shape or form has the band. Further evidenced by going on stage everynight, introducing everyobne respectfully, case in point the Richard quote, and even going out of their way to make it a point to introduce Melissa as the new member. It's not like the band is going out as if it is kust Slash Duff and Axl like the Stones do now. This isn't a reunion, and never has been one. So arguing for Matt or Izzy or Adler is completely moot.

Since the shows have started and everyone knows who is in the band your reunion argument is invalid.

Edited by ohmygod
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Caraibes said:

Richard is not "just a rythm player" in the band at all.

During the 5 last shows, he played more lead parts than Izzy + Gilby during 10 YEARS  in Guns N' Roses!

His role onstage is MUCH more important in the current line-up than Izzy or Gilby ever were in the old band. Fortus gets a much bigger role.

Stop saying Fortus is the "rythme player" of the band. he is not. he is both Lead & Rythm. Go listen to "Knockin' On heaven's Door"... he even plays more leads an,d solos than Slash on this one. 

It's more balanced now with Fortus on guitar. More equilibrated. The roles are shared between Slash and Fortus and it's better for the band, for the collective!

I'm sure Fortus will be EVERYWHERE when a new album comes out. I can feel it.

Again, I hope he will be in the partnership at some point. 

Richard Fortus is a rhythm player in the band.  FACT.  Why would people stop saying it if it's an undeniable fact?

He doesn't have enough solos to be considered a lead.  His solos in Knockin' On Heaven's Door are replacing his solo spot, that's why Axl introduces him during that song.  I'm cool with the decision of saving time by giving him a couple of solos in that particular song.  I think the problem with your flawed logic is that you think that being a great guitar player gives him enough merit to be considered part of the "partnership."  At this point I'm not sure if you actually know what the partnership is, what it means and how Fortus will never be part of it.

You falsely state that his role "on stage" is more important than Gilby.  Well, that's not entirely true.  Gilby used to play a couple of solos during the jam before Knockin' On Heaven's Door.  And in 1993, he played all the I Used To Love Her solos in the acoustic guitar.  And even if Fortus is getting more solos than him, live shows do not mean shit.  That doesn't get you into the "partnership."

As for Izzy Stradlin, are you forgetting that when he was in the band, he used to sing and play Dust N' Bones and 14 Years?  Sure, Fortus has a stage routine that can be - to some people - better than Izzy, but again, that doesn't get you into the "partnership."  You know what gets you into a partnership?  Songwriting.  Izzy wrote most of the Guns N' Roses songs from scratch.  Without his raw ideas, Axl and Slash would have not been able to write some of his epic and legendary lyrics and solos.  I mean, some of those songs you claim Fortus is playing perfectly, were written by Izzy.  So how could be that Fortus is way more important than Izzy?  If you're considering "live shows" only, again, that do not mean shit.

Regarding a new record, I hope Fortus is able to write some great guitar parts for Slash to solo on.  As far as I know, Fortus is not a great songwriter and I like Dead Daisies, but maybe the Slash/Fortus combo and they working together in the same studio room can get something great out of them as a team?  Who knows.

Finally, you can hope all you want, but Fortus will never be part of anything.  He will always be under contract.  It's not like that's bad for him.  If he writes great music, get a paycheck for his royalties and get the respect he deserves, being part of the Gn'R partnership or not should mean shit to him - financially and professionally.  I don't think he cares at all.  To be honest, it looks like that's waaaay more important to you for some weird reason.  :shrugs:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Padme said:

So far we don't have a statement from the GN'R Camp saying loud and clear that Izzy and Adler will never be part of this new era. As long as we don't have such a statement nothing is 100% sure. And people will speculate, hope and dream about anything.

Axl said he would never play with Slash again and here we are, so it doesn't matter what they say, anything is possible.

14 hours ago, RONIN said:

He can be in guns for 50 years but he's not and never will be a true gunner. Most dont even consider Dizzy to be one..

The band itself don't seem to consider either Richard or Dizzy as members of the band. Cgv0YE-WsAAIvU6.jpg

8 hours ago, Caraibes said:

It's more balanced now with Fortus on guitar. More equilibrated. The roles are shared between Slash and Fortus and it's better for the band, for the collective!

I'm sure Fortus will be EVERYWHERE when a new album comes out. I can feel it.

Again, I hope he will be in the partnership at some point. 

How many solos is Richard playing on November Rain? Estranged? Paradise City? Jungle? It's So Easy? Brownstone? Attitude? The Seeker?

He was mostly a rhythm guitarist back when Dj was in the band, let alone now that Slash is back. There's no chance he'll be everywhere in a new record, he might have some lead if they release a song Axl already had where Richard already had a lead part, that's it.

The part about the partnership is plain delusional. Richard's parents would probably laugh as hard as any of us at the idea. :facepalm:

7 hours ago, Dangelus said:

Whilst I agree with you, I would argue that Myles Kennedy equal or greater than Richard as regards guitar playing - check out his solo parts on the Alter Bridge songs, Cry Of Achilles, Fortress and Blackbird.

I think Myles is a better guitar player but Richard is a better fit for GNR. Can't imagine Myles playing rhythm guitar in a R&R band.

4 hours ago, The Glow Inc. said:

Fortus posted it on Facebook three years ago after someone posted that Slash thinks all NuGnR guys suck. He answered something like "Slash said that ? Funny because he asked me to join his band."

You can choose not to believe me but I saw him posting that with my own eyes.

Finally, Slash isn't interacting much with anyone on stage at the moment, not even Duff. If Fortus playing two solos a show is enough to throw a guitar god off balance, I don't know what to tell you.

I think someone told Fortus that Slash said he was a terrible player and after Richard's response, that dude apologized and said he was wrong and Slash's comment was actually about Paul Huge.

I don't think Slash has ever had that much interaction with his bandmates. When he has a guitar in his hands, that's pretty much all he cares about.

On 24.04.2016 at 7:02 PM, madison said:

I know for a fact that the Rock Hall of Fame committee scrutinized very carefully which members would be inducted and which wouldn't - based on their contributions to the band's success. For the record - there were others that certain people tried to get inducted as part of the band and were rejected. 

LOL

So those guys in Rock Hall of Fame committee who inducted Madonna and rappers before Deep Purple, Kiss, Alice Cooper and didn't even induct Rainbow or Judas Priest are now in anyway relevant to say who is/was official member and who is now . And you are using them as some kind of Elrond Council of Rock And Roll ? 

LOL LOL LOL 

You're funny girl. 

Matt did nothing in Guns to call him a band member and then call Richards a hired hand. Both are band members or hired hands, and Richard has some songwriting credits to his name in GN'R like it or not Matt does not. 

25 minutes ago, eye2eye said:

Matt did nothing in Guns to call him a band member and then call Richards a hired hand. Both are band members or hired hands, and Richard has some songwriting credits to his name in GN'R like it or not Matt does not. 

Matt has appeared on over 40 official Guns N' Roses studio recordings.. 

He was also on I believe all but 3 tracks on their official Live Album

Matt wins that argument

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

My ears tell me different.. Slash and Fortus are like oil and water. 

Can you post all these nasty things Slash said about Fortus?

Slash didn't say them about Fortus. Fortus called the guy out and he got owned. Slash said nasty things about Paul Tobias.

Slash wanted Fortus well before he even hashed things out with axl. It's a proven fact you have to accept. And no, they don't sound like oil and water. It's just not slash and Izzy. 

• Like 1

A lot of people, including myself and some of my friends, also buy Guns N' Roses tickets to see Richard Fortus.

He draws more people than you think. Much more than BBF, Finck, Buckethead or Ashba ever did.

Fortus does have a solid reputation and is a well known established guitar player.

He made covers of magazines here in France and was interviewd several times here (especially for Guitar Parts Magazine).

You can see it here :

Edited by Caraibes

2 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

I love Fortus, probably my favourite current member but to say he draws more people than Buckethead, who has a cult following... :wow:

Agreed, but the French do love some Fortus. It's like South America and Guns in a way. Australia and The Dead Daisies.

It's probably a small group of you and some of your facebook friends and relatives, but still. I think Axl was real lucky having Fortus in Guns for so long and some Guns fans must have seen him by now all over the world. Not like Bucket's following though imo. There's only one like him. A real cool albeit small cult following, but it's enough to keep it rolling.

9 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Slash didn't say them about Fortus. Fortus called the guy out and he got owned. Slash said nasty things about Paul Tobias.

Slash wanted Fortus well before he even hashed things out with axl. It's a proven fact you have to accept. And no, they don't sound like oil and water. It's just not slash and Izzy. 

My ears and eyes tell me different. I have never seen Slash struggle so consistently to play his own solos.. Not with Izzy.. or Gilby.. or Frank.. Or Bobby.. or Ryan.. or Kelli.. 

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

My ears and eyes tell me different. I have never seen Slash struggle so consistently to play his own solos.. Not with Izzy.. or Gilby.. or Frank.. Or Bobby.. or Ryan.. or Kelli.. 

Occam tells me it is most probably Slash's own fault and not someone else's :lol:

• Like 2