Richard has been in GNR for 16 years quote

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Occam tells me it is most probably Slash's own fault and not someone else's :lol:

This, cos if you pay attention, Slash mostly fuck ups on the solos. Don't know how could be Richard's fault.

But i think it's not all Slash's fault. The setup for a big show like this is very different from his solo shows.

On Matt Sorum: He's just a great player and a lucky guy. Cos Any other decent drummer could do the job. He's on 40+ songs but 0 songwriting. Ohh cool, he wrote YCBM intro! Nope.

Edited by Russel Nash
add info.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Russel Nash said:

This, cos if you pay attention, Slash mostly fuck ups on the solos. Don't know how could be Richard's fault.

But i think it's not all Slash's fault. The setup for a big show like this is very different from his solo shows.

He has screwed him up during verses buy playing lead fills at the same time as Slash.. His rhythm playing on Rocket Queen doesn't mesh with Slash.. He also solos over Slash in Rocket Queen. He is louder than him half the time..

That being said, I the sped up tempos and Franks constant unneeded fills are the biggest thing screwing Slash up. 

I don't think it has anything to do with the setup or stage. Slash has played plenty of big stages and not sounded like this. He was playing the best guitar of his life until this tour.. His style just doesn't mesh with Frank and Fortus and they aren't doing anything to adjust.  

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

He has screwed him up during verses buy playing lead fills at the same time as Slash.. His rhythm playing on Rocket Queen doesn't mesh with Slash.. He also solos over Slash in Rocket Queen. He is louder than him half the time..

That being said, I the sped up tempos and Franks constant unneeded fills are the biggest thing screwing Slash up. 

I don't think it has anything to do with the setup or stage. Slash has played plenty of big stages and not sounded like this. He was playing the best guitar of his life until this tour.. His style just doesn't mesh with Frank and Fortus and they aren't doing anything to adjust.  

Robin/Ashba/Bumble didn't have any problems with Frank and 4tus.

I really don't know why Slash was inconsistent during those shows, i was pointing at the sound setup cos i know he can do better.

But blaming the other band members... Really?

He was inconsistent before, he's no bumble who can play perfect guitar every night. I don't enjoy Bumble very much, i prefer the mistakes and the human error. A fuck up sometimes makes the song even better, that's why i loved Robin Finck.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Matt has appeared on over 40 official Guns N' Roses studio recordings.. 

He was also on I believe all but 3 tracks on their official Live Album

Matt wins that argument

Thank you. 

Well said. 

6 hours ago, Caraibes said:

A lot of people, including myself and some of my friends, also buy Guns N' Roses tickets to see Richard Fortus.

If you're buying tickets to a GNR reunion show just to see Richard Fortus, then clearly you're not a longtime diehard GNR fan - you're just a Fortus fan. 

It's similar to the people who are going to see AC/DC this year - the hardcore AC/DC fans would not be buying tickets to see Axl Rose singing lead. Only the Axl Fans would be buying tickets solely to see Axl at the helm. 

Edited by madison

Depends on what a "longtime" means for you. 4tus has been in the band for 16 years now.

If you buy tickets to a GNR reunion and there's 4tus on guitar you should sue the band/management for false advertising.

Of course, if you find any GNR reunion tour with all 5 AFD lineup advertised somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

If you buy tickets to a GNR reunion and there's 4tus on guitar you should sue the band/management for false advertising.

Interesting. The person might have a good case if they did pursue a suit -  based on its "for the first time in 23 years" promotions and stating the band was going "back to where it all began" for the Troubadour show.  If you recall, it hasn't been 23 years since Frank and Richard played - and neither were anywhere near the Troubadour when GNR was starting out. 

6 minutes ago, madison said:

Interesting. The person might have a good case if they did pursue a suit -  based on its "for the first time in 23 years" promotions and stating the band was going "back to where it all began" for the Troubadour show.  If you recall, it hasn't been 23 years since Frank and Richard played - and neither were anywhere near the Troubadour when GNR was starting out. 

Good luck with that Madison. I hope you are THE person and sue GNR ass!!, i love to see that.

8 minutes ago, madison said:

Slash and Axl playing together WAS the first time in 23 years, if you thought it would be the entire AFD lineup then that is entirely on you. And it DID go back to where it all started because Guns N' Roses DID play a show at the Troubador where they held their first show on 26 May 1985. So this is all you misunderstanding, probably because you so very very very much wanted it to be a full reunion and thus disregarded any other possibilities :(

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I have a lot of sympathy for you, madison, you know I do, but no one said they buy tickets for GN'R JUST to see Richard, but to ALSO see Richard. So you are misrepresenting what was said to slam someone as not being a fan of GN'R. It is a bit childish, really.

To be honest here i don't recall Frank/4tus/Dizzy/Melissa advertised , all the shows were sold by the Axl + Slash + Duff combo. And that's why i think Adler was involved.

Just now, Russel Nash said:

To be honest here i don't recall Frank/4tus/Dizzy/Melissa advertised , all the shows were sold by the Axl + Slash + Duff combo. And that's why i think Adler was involved.

You are right, only Axl, Duff and Slash was mentioned initially. I believe, though, that if Steven and/or Izzy would play, too, then those names would have been advertised, too. Because of this, I was quite confident the rest of the lineup would be newer guys, e.g. Frank and Richard, This was later confirmed on FB. Anyway, my point was in regards to Madison claiming anyone buying tickets JUST to see Richard isn't a GN'R fan, which is formally correct, but NO ONE has claimed they only buy tickets to see Richarc but to ALSO see Richard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

What problems did Slash have during the second Snakepit tour ? He was regularly fucking up back then too, with a lineup he handpicked. Was it somebody else's fault too ?

Also, the sped up tempos ? They rehearsed for the last three months together. No way those tempos are not deliberate and a complete surprise to him...

What I see simply is someone who puts a lot of pressure on himself to do this tour justice, just like Axl. It's just that Axl is more comfortable because in his mind he was always in Guns n' Roses.

• Like 3

its pretty amazing to see so many people so butt hurt!! Does the concept that Slash rejoined Guns N Roses really bother you all that much that you have to trick yourselves into believing that this was a reunion to believe it???? I mean you guys are calling for former members to rejoin GNR as if GnR stopped to exist since the mid 90s...

Izzy has played with GnR countless times with no issue.Duff toured with GnR filling in for then bassist Tommy with no issue.And nown Slash has come back in the fold to take over for Ashba/BBF.

Why is this such a hard notion for all of you to get? The former members at the time had no issue with iplaying with the then current lineups. Why do all of you have an issue with it? This is a serious question. @madison @Tom-Ass

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russel Nash said:

Robin/Ashba/Bumble didn't have any problems with Frank and 4tus.

I really don't know why Slash was inconsistent during those shows, i was pointing at the sound setup cos i know he can do better.

But blaming the other band members... Really?

He was inconsistent before, he's no bumble who can play perfect guitar every night. I don't enjoy Bumble very much, i prefer the mistakes and the human error. A fuck up sometimes makes the song even better, that's why i loved Robin Finck.

Robin/Ashba/Bumble were all accustomed to playing the songs the fucked up NuGnR way.. Slash shouldn't have to readjust the way he plays his own f'n songs to play them like NuGnR. He was playing the best guitar of his life before this tour. I do blame other band members.. They make the music awkward enough to listen to, never mind play along with..

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Robin/Ashba/Bumble were all accustomed to playing the songs the fucked up NuGnR way.. Slash shouldn't have to readjust the way he plays his own f'n songs to play them like NuGnR. He was playing the best guitar of his life before this tour. I do blame other band members.. They make the music awkward enough to listen to, never mind play along with..

Angus Young must be "accustomed" to the fucked uo NuGNR way too!

I really like the way you think.

Just now, Russel Nash said:

Angus Young must be "accustomed" to the fucked up NuGNR way too!

8 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

The former members at the time had no issue with iplaying with the then current lineups. Why do all of you have an issue with it? This is a serious question. @madison @Tom-Ass

Because the songs don't sound anywhere near as good as they should sound with Axl/Slash and Duff back together.  This is mostly attributed to the pitiful drumming and Fortus to a lesser extent. There are more than enough people besides me that have pointed out how flawed Franks' drumming is. 

So to sum up :

AFD Era : When Slash fucked up it was because he was drunk.

UYI Era : When Slash fucked up it was because the production was too bloated.

Snakepit Era : When Slash fucked up it was because he was depressed because of the GnR situation.

Velvet Revolver : When Slash fucked up, it was because of how inconsistent Scott Weiland was.

GnR 2016 : When Slash fucks up, it's because of Frank not being Steven and Fortus not knowing his place ( and because his amp is too loud :( ).

Edited by The Glow Inc.
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Because the songs don't sound anywhere near as good as they should sound with Axl/Slash and Duff back together.  This is mostly attributed to the pitiful drumming and Fortus to a lesser extent. There are more than enough people besides me that have pointed out how flawed Franks' drumming is.  to exist since the mid 90s...

So to you the only reason Slash's playing is suffering at the moment (in your opinion, I think it's fine) is because of everyone else....

By that logic, how come duff's playing hasn't suffered? He's locked in just fine with the songs and tempos... He has no problem now, nor did he in 2014.

Edited by ohmygod
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Angus Young must be "accustomed" to the fucked uo NuGNR way too!

Not much of an AC/DC fan are you?  I can tell because you posted that as an example of Angus sounding good. He was terrible on that song.