Richard has been in GNR for 16 years quote

On 2016. 04. 28. at 9:38 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I'm not going to take a second hand facebook post by Fortus as gospel that that is what happened. 

It isn't his two lame solos fucking Slash up.. It is Foreskin's annoyingly high volume, the way he changes some of the rhythms around so they don't mesh, him soloing over Slash in Rocket Queen, him playing Slash's lead fills at the same time and throwing things off instead of just sticking to rhythm.. He isn't solely to blame.. The tempos and Franks fucked up drumming contributes too. It is just straight up awkward at times and there is no chemistry.. It is all forced together and anyone with a musical ear can hear it.

You can call him any stupid names you want, but you went to the show, paid the outrageous ticket price and still have complaints?:lol:

I would say the joke is on you if you truly hate this guy yet going to the show to watch him "  changes some of the rhythms around so they don't mesh, him soloing over Slash in Rocket Queen, him playing Slash's lead fills at the same time and throwing things off instead of just sticking to rhythm.."

fucking lol at you

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

My ears and eyes tell me different. I have never seen Slash struggle so consistently to play his own solos.. Not with Izzy.. or Gilby.. or Frank.. Or Bobby.. or Ryan.. or Kelli.. 

maybe Slash suck more these days? I've seen a few people complaining about HIM and mentioned that with his own band he played the Guns songs much beter than with current GNR. Maybe the main problem isn't the rhythm player, but Slash just suck sometimes?

Maybe his heart was not in it, because he knows that this is a cash grab?

maybe he doesn't give a shit anymore, because money is good?

Maybe Slash is not the prince you wanted him to be?

maybe you don't like 4tus "louder" guitar, because you used to Izzy's non existent guitar sounds from the 90's? (He was inaudible at the 91 shows) and you don't appreciate that you now hear the other guitarist besides Slash?

if you can address this last point then we could talk about who got ears to music and who doesn't

Edited by Strange Broue

11 hours ago, madison said:

Thank you. 

Well said. 

If you're buying tickets to a GNR reunion show just to see Richard Fortus, then clearly you're not a longtime diehard GNR fan - you're just a Fortus fan. 

It's similar to the people who are going to see AC/DC this year - the hardcore AC/DC fans would not be buying tickets to see Axl Rose singing lead. Only the Axl Fans would be buying tickets solely to see Axl at the helm. 

and what is your problem with that? why do you care?

I don't think that it's the main criteria to go to the show that you have to be a long time die hard fan. have you ever heard about time? have you ever heard about generations? have you ever heard about different musical taste?

Seriously, it's funny that you single out how bad if somebody go to an AC/DC show with Axl on the mic after YEARS sucking him and being his number one fan, lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

and what is your problem with that? why do you care?

I don't think that it's the main criteria to go to the show that you have to be a long time die hard fan. have you ever heard about time? have you ever heard about generations? have you ever heard about different musical taste?

Seriously, it's funny that you single out how bad if somebody go to an AC/DC show with Axl on the mic after YEARS sucking him and being his number one fan, lol

Are you truly this obtuse? (You might want to look that word up in the dictionary, since I'm guessing, from your post ^^, your reading comprehension skills aren't too advanced). 

My post was responding to someone who claimed he went to see the GNR reunion show to see Fortus. I simply pointed out that anyone who went to see a GNR reunion show to see Fortus wasn't likely a longtime diehard GNR fan - that they were more likely a Fortus fan. 

Ditto for AC/DC. If a longtime AC/DC fan wants to see the band in concert, it's pretty obvious their first choice would be to see the band's lead singer - not another singer. This doesn't mean there's anything "wrong" with Axl singing for AC/DC nor does it suggest in any way that he wouldn't do a great job. In fact, I'm certain Axl will sound great. But I would bet most Axl/GNR fans would enjoy seeing Axl fronting AC/DC more than the diehard AC/DC fans would. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Smokin' Cigarettes said:

Fortus is great and I'm cool with him in the lineup but I wish I could've seen slash and finck together as the tandem.  

That would kick my ass off.  We definitely could get the best of both worlds of gnr then.  

Holy crap! I thought I was the only one!

• Like 3

On 4/28/2016 at 3:19 AM, Rovim said:

He's not pretending to be anything. He's a great hard rock rhythm player that is really a lead player. He is a good fit imo for Guns not just because of his chops, but also cause he stylistically comes from the same place but brings his own hard rock vibe to the table.

Having the chops to play technically more complex stuff doesn't make you less of a player as proven by Bucket who had even more chops but for Gn'R came up with hearfelt solos like in Sorry and Twat.

Richard came up with the Better chorus riff, something that rocks hard, his influence on Slash is positive imo. Both styles work great together to my ears. Slash is much better of course, but Richard is there to mostly be a rhythm player and everything sounds mean and tight for Slash to wail on. I don't understand the complaints about Fortus at all.

Look -- if you like him, more power to you. This is all very subjective anyway. For me, he has a cheesy stage presence and zero chemistry with Duff and Slash. He just doesn't belong up there with those guys imho.

Sure he's got the technical ability, but so what? Finck sounded dreadful live, but he was a far more valuable addition to the band given his songwriting abilities. I loathed Finck, but have no hesitation in admitting that he had some great moments in CD, particularly the better solo (which Slash's solo doesn't even come close to). 

With fortus, what the fuck has he objectively even done with Gnr aside from touring and making some cringeworthy faces while he solos? The guy was blown off the stage by Buckethead and Ron Thal during the nu-guns shows anyway -- nobody even cared about him, he was as invisible as Paul Tobias.

I hope you're right and that Fortus is a great addition to the band but from my vantage point, all I see is a journeyman session guitarist with the technical ability of a lead guitar player with below average songwriting skills. I don't get how the band is going to sound tight when Slash is supposed to riff off another lead guitar player -- the reason why Izzy was so great was because he would chill and hang back while Slash does his thing. Not so much the case here.

I actually feel bad for Fortus because it's pretty clear that he's trying to find his moment to shine but the audience just doesn't care -- none of us are there to see him do solos (aside from the 6 or so Fortus fans on this thread I suppose).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RONIN said:

Look -- if you like him, more power to you. This is all very subjective anyway. For me, he has a cheesy stage presence and zero chemistry with Duff and Slash. He just doesn't belong up there with those guys imho.

Sure he's got the technical ability, but so what? Finck sounded dreadful live, but he was a far more valuable addition to the band given his songwriting abilities. I loathed Finck, but have no hesitation in admitting that he had some great moments in CD, particularly the better solo (which Slash's solo doesn't even come close to). 

With fortus, what the fuck has he objectively even done with Gnr aside from touring and making some cringeworthy faces while he solos? The guy was blown off the stage by Buckethead and Ron Thal during the nu-guns shows anyway -- nobody even cared about him, he was as invisible as Paul Tobias.

I hope you're right and that Fortus is a great addition to the band but from my vantage point, all I see is a journeyman session guitarist with the technical ability of a lead guitar player with below average songwriting skills. I don't get how the band is going to sound tight when Slash is supposed to riff off another lead guitar player -- the reason why Izzy was so great was because he would chill and hang back while Slash does his thing. Not so much the case here.

I actually feel bad for Fortus because it's pretty clear that he's trying to find his moment to shine but the audience just doesn't care -- none of us are there to see him do solos (aside from the 6 or so Fortus fans on this thread I suppose).

Fortus has said he wrote a bunch of material for Axl but he came too late for Chinese. He still showed he could write with Robin, he completed Better with his riff for the chorus.

I think he's more than just a good technician and the fact he is a session guitarist doesn't mean he doesn't have what it takes to be in Guns. It can help with tolerating Axl's way of delaying shit and naturally makes him more versatile. He'll have no problem writing riffs that complements Slash's ideas as well imo.

I really don't feel sorry for Richard, he has a few moments to solo his ass off and Wish You Were Here doesn't take away from what Slash is doing for me. Knocking On Heavens Door too.

Izzy is chill, he's one of those players that don't move around much, but Richard is the opposite on stage, that's just the way he moves. Some people really hate it, but it's not more artificial than Axl's moves or Slash's. Just the way they perform imo.

DJ's hulk hogan move actually made me hate his persona even more, so I understand if you don't like the moves it's distracting, but no matter how much I love Izzy, Fortus sounds great with Slash to my ears and he wanted to be in the band with him even before they got together so I'm cool with it.

Izzy can't be there all the time like Richard anyway and I don't want them to find a new rhythm player. I feel like he's important for Guns.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

On 4/30/2016 at 11:37 PM, Strange Broue said:

You can call him any stupid names you want, but you went to the show, paid the outrageous ticket price and still have complaints?:lol:

I would say the joke is on you if you truly hate this guy yet going to the show to watch him "  changes some of the rhythms around so they don't mesh, him soloing over Slash in Rocket Queen, him playing Slash's lead fills at the same time and throwing things off instead of just sticking to rhythm.."

fucking lol at you

I didn't even know who was in the damn band when I bought tix.. Was still a good show aside from him and Franks obvious flaws

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I didn't even know who was in the damn band when I bought tix.. Was still a good show aside from him and Franks obvious flaws

Richard's flaws: he's not Izzy, weird tats, bends, he's not Owen Wilson.

Frank's flaws: drumming, he is totally bald, has a weakness for wearing welcome to the jingle shirts even when it's not Christmas and it's hot as shit outside.

Edited by Rovim

Once I got the idea that Fortus was a great player I started to get my hopes up for a record. I think people are forgetting that Guns weren't always the most together live. They could be tight, they could be sloppy. I feel like Slash is just warming up. He wasn't doing cartwheels back in the day. Also if he gets too excited and injures himself the whole thing goes to shit. We can't have everyone on cistomized thrones. 

• Like 2

On 2016. 04. 30. at 6:33 AM, madison said:

Are you truly this obtuse? (You might want to look that word up in the dictionary, since I'm guessing, from your post ^^, your reading comprehension skills aren't too advanced). 

My post was responding to someone who claimed he went to see the GNR reunion show to see Fortus. I simply pointed out that anyone who went to see a GNR reunion show to see Fortus wasn't likely a longtime diehard GNR fan - that they were more likely a Fortus fan. 

Ditto for AC/DC. If a longtime AC/DC fan wants to see the band in concert, it's pretty obvious their first choice would be to see the band's lead singer - not another singer. This doesn't mean there's anything "wrong" with Axl singing for AC/DC nor does it suggest in any way that he wouldn't do a great job. In fact, I'm certain Axl will sound great. But I would bet most Axl/GNR fans would enjoy seeing Axl fronting AC/DC more than the diehard AC/DC fans would. 

Yes, i'm really this "obtuse", because you are clearly came back to stir up some shit. Seriously, your point could have been a valid point if it's not coming from you. My reading comprehension skills are fine, my grammar sucks, but that doesn't mean that i cannot call you out on your bullshit

If you can't have the band's lead singer you can always ask for a refund. It's not a big deal

9 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

If you can't have the band's lead singer you can always ask for a refund. It's not a big deal

Well, it is a big deal to me. I wanted to see AC/DC with Brian Johnson at least once and now I won't be able. If I already had tickets to a show, I'd be fn' pissed off that they fired Brian and now I won't get to see "the real thingl".

But that's not against Axl, he's my favorite singer. In fact, another thing that dissapoints me is that if AC/DC ever returns to South America, not only Brian (and Malcolm!) won't be there but Axl won't be either. Best case scenario, they'll come with a decent singer or maybe they'll just bring the worst guy they can find just like Queen is doing... :cry:

9 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

Yes, i'm really this "obtuse", because you are clearly came back to stir up some shit. Seriously, your point could have been a valid point if it's not coming from you. My reading comprehension skills are fine, my grammar sucks, but that doesn't mean that i cannot call you out on your bullshit

Protip- Do not engage Madison in an argument for obvious reasons

• Like 1