Richard has been in GNR for 16 years quote

Richard desserves it. He's been in Guns N' Roses for 16 years now and has proven to be one of the best guitar player in the world, very reliable and very loyal.

According to many people, he wrote TONS of material for the band post CD erea. Richard is basically everywhere and Slash may actually work on Richard's material. 

I think it would be normal for him to be part of the partnership, aka Ronnie Wood in the Rolling Stones. Ronnie isn't a "founding member" of the Rolling Stones but he is so important for the band that he is considered as a key member like Jagger and Richards.

Richard Fortus should be part of it.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I think you're reading way too much into this quote... He probably just wanted to inform the casuals at Coachella who Richard is and why he's there! 
He may also want to show his gratitude against Richard for sticking with him over the years.

He is NOT trying to praise the ChiDem lineups and he is NOT trying to show disrespect to the 85-93 lineups, if so then he wouldn't have reunited with Slash and Duff! :)

he should probably mention dizzy too then

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ksks12 said:

It's total inappropriate via Slash and Duff.

If Axl wants to continue to praise 2000-2014 period he should call his hired hands back (or hire new ones) and book a tour where the whole band got 350.000 usd.

This semi reunion would  open anyone's eyes, yet he still lives in some kind of parallel universe.

Well guess what Axl, as you probably guessed, it doesn't and the majority of the world didn't care about your side project (including fortus) that is why it still doesn't care if someone played with you inthis project for 16 years. It just reminds everyone how much time you have wasted claiming you owned sth. The rest of the world clearly didn't think it belong solely to you.

agreed. it is disrespectful and inappropriate.

I really thought Axl had woken up and realized that NuGnr was a solo project.

yes, Fortus is better than DJ, but it would have been better to start GNR again  with a clean slate without any Nu members.

5 minutes ago, spliff said:

he should probably mention dizzy too then

That's true but saying that Axl is "praising the 2000-2014 period" just by mentioning that the current guitar player has been in the band during that period is just absurd.

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

That's quantity not quality. He was part of the CD just to some degree. But he wasn't part of AFD and the UYI albums. Now if he wrote amazing songs but the world didn't have the chance to listen to them. I'm afraid it doesn't count

Edited by Padme
  • Like 1

EDIT: For some reason, the second thread about Richard joining the partnership was merged into this one.

So, my comment here - is responding to the suggestion that Richard should be part of the GNR partnership:

I highly doubt that would ever happen- not in a million years. 

He's a nice guy - but he's a replacement - a hired hand - nothing more. 

Heck, the guys from the original lineup - who actually created this music - had a tough enough time agreeing to the terms of the partnership agreement.  Isn't that one of the reasons floating around for Izzy's absence?  That he wouldn't get to share equally in the partnership?  Not sure if it's true, but that's the rumor making the rounds. 

So, why would they bring a hired hand into the mix?  

Edited by madison
  • Like 2

I really don't think its inappropriate or cringe worthy or anything I think hes just appreciating the fact that Richard has stuck with him for 16 years, and that was right before his solo/part in KOHD. I think he was just appreciative of how Richard has worked/stuck with him all these years. That it I guess.

Slash and Duff are huge superstars I dont think a one of comment would be disrespectful to them or Guns N' Roses.

• Like 2

i would be livid if they gave that opportunity to Fortus and not Izzy

i think thats why Izzy isn't involved...i think he wants a cut of everything and they are probably being a bit greedy 

of course thats just my theory and not proven fact...Izzy has always been abit weird about this stuff

edit: thread was merged...my comment was about Fortus being part of the partnership

Edited by -W.A.R-

6 minutes ago, madison said:

I highly doubt that would ever happen- not in a million years. 

He's a nice guy - but he's a replacement - a hired hand - nothing more. 

Heck, the guys from the original lineup - who actually created this music - had a tough enough time agreeing to the terms of the partnership agreement.  Isn't that one of the reasons floating around for Izzy's absence?  That he wouldn't get to share equally in the partnership?  Not sure if it's true, but that's the rumor making the rounds. 

So, why would they bring a hired hand into the mix?  

Fortus is NOT a "hired hand". Stop spreading false informations.

He is a BAND MEMBER.

• Like 2

Just now, Black Sabbath said:

We're Gilby and Matt hired hands just because they werent on Appetite? If you want to talk semantics then they're just the same as Richard and Frank, really.

Matt wrote some of the music from the Illusions era. He was inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame for his contribution in helping to make GNR the biggest band on the planet.  

So, comparing Matt and Richard is ludicrous - one was a band member, the other a hired hand. 

• Like 1