The Elder Scrolls VI

22 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

How many other open world RPGs have you played? 

All parts of gta and just cause and some  mmorpg like world of warcraft.

I specifically liked the big number of side quests.and the beautifully designed world. A little more variety regarding items would have been great though.

40 minutes ago, JeanGenie said:

All parts of gta and just cause and some  mmorpg like world of warcraft.

I specifically liked the big number of side quests.and the beautifully designed world. A little more variety regarding items would have been great though.

Try Fallout 3 or/and New Vegas and whole Witcher series. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Well, I'm pretty disappointed.

You're a mad man if you expected that, I think it'll be another two years before we see anything significant. At best there will be a teaser/announcement trailer next year.

12 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

I can't remember if I have all of the DLC or Legendary. If not, there is 0% chance I would pay $60 for this. Skyrim w/ mods is good enough. I can't imagine this new edition has enough new/updated content to justify buying it.

If you played on PC, I'm not really sure this is for you. It seems to just be a cash-in on the success of Skyrim, whilst letting people who played it on console five years ago re-experience it with mod-support. I'm certainly interested as someone who played on a small TV five years ago on an Xbox 360, but I'm not paying $60 for it either. People are complaining they didn't do Morrowind or Oblivion, but they would be so much more work than remastering Skyrim, and I'd rather they direct their focus towards VI.

On 6/14/2016 at 10:06 PM, OmarBradley said:

I can't remember if I have all of the DLC or Legendary. If not, there is 0% chance I would pay $60 for this. Skyrim w/ mods is good enough. I can't imagine this new edition has enough new/updated content to justify buying it.

If you have it on Windows, you're getting it for free.

6 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Really? I may have misread then. In that case, I'm mildly exciting. I'll certainly try it out.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/13/skyrim-special-edition-free-for-pc-owners-of-original-game-and-all-dlc

I feel like I should be able to hand in my 360 copy and get it for free as well :P

15 hours ago, Conor said:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/13/skyrim-special-edition-free-for-pc-owners-of-original-game-and-all-dlc

I feel like I should be able to hand in my 360 copy and get it for free as well :P

This seems to confirm what I originally interpreted. Free upgrades are only for Legendary Edition and those who own all DLC, I fall into neither of those categories.

• 1 month later...

against my expectations (i'm not an RPG fan at all), I really like skyrim. but I play it "my way".

I'm a khajiit, I specialize in sneaking, lockpicking and archery and having a blast. I joined the thieves guild and for now that's all I need. I don't even play the thieves guild main story line, I just play side missions of the guild.

when im tired of breaking in houses, I roam the land in search of ingredients. every now and then I stumble upon a side quest which I will do when I can be arsed.

I don't care about overpowering my character very much, although I do care about maximizing sneaking since I believe it makes for a better game. (I'm a MGS veteran)

I haven't finished a single story mission and so dragons do not appear. I can do fine without them.

all in all, this game is very addicting, and I really like what I'm doing in this game.

14 hours ago, action said:

against my expectations (i'm not an RPG fan at all), I really like skyrim. but I play it "my way".

I'm a khajiit, I specialize in sneaking, lockpicking and archery and having a blast. I joined the thieves guild and for now that's all I need. I don't even play the thieves guild main story line, I just play side missions of the guild.

when im tired of breaking in houses, I roam the land in search of ingredients. every now and then I stumble upon a side quest which I will do when I can be arsed.

I don't care about overpowering my character very much, although I do care about maximizing sneaking since I believe it makes for a better game. (I'm a MGS veteran)

I haven't finished a single story mission and so dragons do not appear. I can do fine without them.

all in all, this game is very addicting, and I really like what I'm doing in this game.

Sneaking and overpowering very much belong in the same sentence as the ability to sneak is basically the ability to steamroll over everything in the game, should you so choose. :lol:

4 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Sneaking and overpowering very much belong in the same sentence as the ability to sneak is basically the ability to steamroll over everything in the game, should you so choose. :lol:

yeah, i guess so. i'm level 43 at sneaking currently.

it's a bit like crawling in MGS V: you're difficult to see when you crawl, but not invisible.

13 minutes ago, action said:

yeah, i guess so. i'm level 43 at sneaking currently.

it's a bit like crawling in MGS V: you're difficult to see when you crawl, but not invisible.

True. Maxed out sneaking, especially with maxed bows and/or daggers, can put out some huge damage and be virtually undetectable. The last playthrough that I did I was a two-handed assassin who wore heavy armour. :lol:

1 hour ago, PappyTron said:

True. Maxed out sneaking, especially with maxed bows and/or daggers, can put out some huge damage and be virtually undetectable. The last playthrough that I did I was a two-handed assassin who wore heavy armour. :lol:

yeah. either way you play the game, you'll end up with an overpowered character eventually. unless you decide no to level up and not spend perks.

so I decided to only focus on those three: sneak, lockpicking, archery. I'm a sneaky thief who goes about breaking into houses, stealing and avoiding confrontation. I've got a bow and sword that do 17 damage. when I'm detected I'm toast.

10 minutes ago, action said:

yeah. either way you play the game, you'll end up with an overpowered character eventually. unless you decide no to level up and not spend perks.

so I decided to only focus on those three: sneak, lockpicking, archery. I'm a sneaky thief who goes about breaking into houses, stealing and avoiding confrontation. I've got a bow and sword that do 17 damage. when I'm detected I'm toast.

That's a good way to play; forces you to think long and hard about what you are going to do.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
20 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

So, we'll be seeing this game sometime between 2022 - 2026 it seems. :( 

I'm eager for Skywind and Skyblivion though. We should get those before ES VI.

Bethesda really knows how to fuck their fans :lol:. I hope the long wait is worth it.