How are we feeling about the "reunion" so far?

How are we feeling about the "reunion" so far?  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Glad reunion is in quotes because the band has been very careful not to use that word itself in any of its press releases thus far. I think even they realize people don't believe this is a true reunion. 

And I'd prefer to see the band in person before I make a choice in this regard. 

Overall I think it's been good, but my main feelings are dependant on conditions like new music for GNR and the future of SMKC.

If the Cons are no more, and this is now Slash's full-time and only band, then it would be meh to disappointed. Otherwise I could live with some issues.

If there is no new music from this or any future iteration of GNR, then it would be meh to disappointed. I want to see Axl, Slash and Duff take the band forward in some way, not just tour the old hits.

Those are the two deciding conditions, but right now, I think it's been good. It's great that Axl and Slash seem to have settled things, the shows have been fun and there's lots of future potential.

• Like 1

I am extremely happy so far. It's not perfect, but I think the band is meshing great for only 7 shows in. The show I saw was magic. Axl is in much better shape and really pushing himself compared to 2011 to 2014, Slash has been really good, Duff and the rest are solid as ever. Axls attitude has completely changed for the better which is great to see. I think the way he walks off with Slash every night with a huge grin says a lot.

I also think the setlist have been fantastic. All the hits, a few rotation slots for variety, and some great deep cuts for us diehards (seriously... Coma). The shows have all been 2.5 to 3 hours with less solo spots breaking the concert up. Having the shorter Godfather solo and the main jams only in front of November Rain has made the flow a lot better than NuGnr shows. I also like how the ChiDem songs have been with Slash.

I would like to see Axl out of the chair for the main tour, seeing Steven and/or Izzy on some songs would be amazing, a few new songs, and them slowing down November Rain are my nitpicks, and why I put really good to great instead of perfect. 

Still, I really think this has been a very strong start

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

Glad reunion is in quotes because the band has been very careful not to use that word itself in any of its press releases thus far. I think even they realize people don't believe this is a true reunion. 

Well I do now think it's a reunion. One between Axl and Slash, and the big three. So it's not wrong to use the word, and it's bit unfair that they can't highlight the reconciliation more because the issue of the AfD 5 muddies things and fans get upset if the reunion word is used. Especially considering that this is where all the acrimony lay in the first place, between Slash and Axl. I mean, will anyone argue that this isn't a reunion between those two?

Great for me so far... Prior to Troubadour the hype made it perfect..afterwards it was just great... If Steven and Izzy or Gilby were there and Axl was healthy it would have been perfect.. Vegas was really great but Coachella kind of killed the hype for me... Mexico is great too...

Setlists are great but tempo's are off...

Edited by scooby845

Its been ok, decent. Axl's vocals been quite bad to be honest ( bet it sounds great at the show, and thats kinda the point anyway). Axl sitting down through the shows, almost getting used to it hah. Tempo problems, little this and that...I dont know, it just makes them all humans I guess. Great setlists, COMA! I wanna hear a rant lol. They can improve a lot. Something to look forward to! Axl needs to get out of the damn chair and be the best frontman on a planet again. 

So far it's been great. Axl sounds beyond my expectations. Slash and Duff are back in the band. They have perfomed Coma and that was a wonderful surprise. 

Sure I would've loved to see Izzy and Adler as guests. And I'd love to hear songs like Locomotive or Perfect Crime. We have the U.S. and most likely a world tour ahead so I don't give up hope.

Edited by Padme

38 minutes ago, ferma said:

Really great, almost perfect. Those who doubt Richard's playing and writing talent should listen to the Dead Daisies second album, Mexico. There are some stellar tracks on there that would not be out of place on a new "reunion" GnR. Plus he's a great performer.

Maybe his Dead Daisies stuff is regarded as being good, but it's not my cup of tea. Plus, I saw Richard in Vegas on 4/9 and he didn't seem to gel overly well with the other alumni, based on what I saw. I spoke with other fans at the show that felt the same. The seamless guitar attack of Slash and Izzy was noticeably absent, and this contributed to a loss of energy, IMO. 

I think Richard is a proficient guitar player, he just doesn't have the chemistry that Izzy has with the other alumni.

I'm just meh on it, honestly. It's cool seeing Slash and Duff onstage together again with Axl, but outside of that, I'm not sure I feel any sense of purpose or urgency from this reunion. So far I don't get the sense they're much of a "band" outside of getting on the stage and playing the songs, same as the nu-lineups. I guess I'm holding out to see whether or not this is a legit reunion or just a last run at the till.

I voted for great. Close to perfect, for me. I love what I have seen so far, and can't wait to see what they'll bring over the summer.

If I were really nitpicky (but then, perfect is perfect), I think they could slow down some of the songs a tiny bit. And it's a shame that Axl is somewhat isolated there on his throne - he can't have as much fun with the other band members as he would otherwise. Huge respect to him and the rest of the band for doing so well regardless of his injured foot, though. It must be a real pain, literally and figuratively speaking. Oh, and I still prefer the original guitar solo on TIL.

Other than that, I am very happy indeed. Slash! Duff! Coma! A happy Axl! Slash and Duff look like they are enjoying themselves, too! I could watch them and listen to them for hours and hours, and have done, even on periscope streams.

Voted "great" because it's too early to tell if it's "perfect" or not.

I can't say much that hasn'tt already been said. I love the current line-up and to see the big three together again onstage is surreal. Very cool stuff! Set lists have been good, the performances, Axl is visibly trying and making an effort, and so on.

I like Richard and Frank so that's a non-issue for me.

DJ Ashba and Pitman are gone so that's a bonus too! I was initially disappointed that we were going to have a second keyboard player but Melissa's vocals alone are actually contributing positively to th overall sound so I can't complain. I just look at her as the modern Tracy and Roberta (and horn section) rolled into one.

If they put out some new music then I'll really be thrilled.

I will word this carefully, I have always loved GNR in any configuration. Watching Melissa has become something I have now cared about being a Pitman person. But I like what she adds. Talent wise... I mean and maybe something else but that has yet to be determined.

I rated it as great. The reason why it isn't perfect is because Steven and Izzy aren't there. Would have rated perfect if they were there. It is honestly great just to see Duff, Axl and Slash on the same stage again. Neverr thought we would see it and I'm thankful for that. Nothing against Richard or Frank either. It just isn't the same without the AFD line up.

• Like 1

Beyond perfect....beyond my wildest imagination.   To have Axl n Slash n Duff back together kicking ass after 23 yrs is unbelievable.  People bitchng and nit picking over this n that are fucking sad.  We have one of the if not THE greatest band of all time back at it!   Fuck yes!

A bit disappointed

The Good-

Axl sounds better than I expected
The length of shows and throwing songs like Coma into the setlist
Seeing Axl/Slash and Duff on the same stage
The old school logos
Seeing Slash play some of the solos he hasn't played in decades
When Axl says "Take It!" in Nightrain and Slash kicks in.. Still have to pinch myself

The Bad..

It isn't really a reunion. Slash and Duff just joined NuGuns.. 
Worst drummer in Gn'R history, Fortus and Slash are like oil and water together and it sounds forced. No Chemistry there..
Too many leads for Fortus and he is too loud
The song I was looking most forward to seeing Axl/Slash and Duff play again is an abomination.. Rocket Queen.... terrible
Tempos are too fast.. Killing the overall performance
Too many people in the band. 
Pyro
The weird shit Axl does at the beginning of Paradise City
3-4 CD songs in the set is way too f'n many
Raping people with ticket prices

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3

It's a great start. Two things I'm hoping for to make it a slam dunk...

1). Izzy guest spots. MAKE IT HAPPEN. 

1.b) also Stevey but.... I think it'd almost bum me out more to see Steven for a song and then go back to Frank... and since there's no way Steven is getting the whole gig....

2). New material (a few Izzy songwriting credits would make this legendary).

Two more for truly out of this world:

3) Do an arena tour after this stadium tour promoting a new album.

4). Axl's voice and shape continue their ascension. 2010 voice with a 2006 bod.... slammin'. But he's making serious effort so that counts for everything in the end. Yeah, I said bod.

Edited by Ant

good that they made it happen and good that slash hasn't accidently stood and axls bad foot yet or it would all be over.

but the set lists so far, come on. KOHD and LALD ? how many other much better cover songs can you guys think of to replace them ? in fact how many much better guns n roses songs can you think of to replace them ?

im gonna have a dig at slash now which you guys wont like but the godfather after 25 years ? even dj ashba gave us some variation(something new) with the ballad of death, mi amor or la bella vita. i know people that are not fans of guns n roses that still rate slash as one of the worlds best guitarists in the world, i know he can give us something new. 

but apart from that fantastic :) 

• Like 1