How are we feeling about the "reunion" so far?

How are we feeling about the "reunion" so far?  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, donny said:

im gonna have a dig at slash now which you guys wont like but the godfather after 25 years ? even dj ashba gave us some variation(something new) with the ballad of death, mi amor or la bella vita. i know people that are not fans of guns n roses that still rate slash as one of the worlds best guitarists in the world, i know he can give us something new. 

A few years ago I was really looking forward to Slash playing the Godfather theme again but as he already did it with SMKC, I don't see it necessary now with GNR. I'd rather see him doing some blues improv like he was doing in 2010 before the Godfather.

Some people was extremely harsh at Dj IMO (not saying he was great), I liked his solos better than Ron's Pink Panther theme. But the one I was totally blown away by was the one Richard was doing in 2014. 

Axl voice is good and the chemistry between him and Slash and the whole band seems really good. Melissa seems really great for the band as well. So I would say it's GOOD!

But, for it being perfect we need these things; Steven, Izzy and a standing Axl.

Been listening to select MP3s on my phone of videos ripped from YouTube. One of my favourites is Nightrain from the first Vegas show.

Midway through the song, you can hear a guy go "It's so good, it's so fucking good..."

Always makes my day.

It's great for me so far!!

I have loved watching the shows and think they sound really good, Axl has been much better then I thought...can't wait to see him off the throne!

Slash back in the band is exactly what I thought, he brings back that original Guns sounds and seeing him rip those solos on November Rain & Estranged are awesome!

Duff is also one of the core pieces and he's brought back that "cool" vibe GNR always had back in the day.

Richard is a very solid guitarist and works well with Slash, I hope they write music together because it will be awesome!!

Dizzy I'm fine with...he's been there almost since the beginning and Melissa creates a new younger vibe and she's not bad to look at!

The only thing that has made this whole thing not "perfect" is Frank as the drummer.....I don't mind him but I just wish Steven or Matt would have been involved instead of him. 

I don't know Richard just seems to vibe with the rest of the band where Frank doesn't!

But overall it's been awesome and I can't believe I'm seeing this in my lifetime, the setlists are also awesome......we have Coma & Double Talkin Jive!!!

Can't wait for July 16th TORONTO :headbang:

I am happy for them, but im kind of bored. Axl has been touring with the same songs too many times!! This whole tour is just about axl and slash being on the same stage together , and although it's really cool to see them there, I dont feel like theres anything outstanding about any of the performances , definitely nothing that i would call perfect. Effort really dos'nt mean much when your in the entertainment industry, its either you have it or you dont, and axl is on the edge with his voice. The rhythm guitarist and slash do not sound good together ( in my opinion) the drummer is terrible compared to matt sorum and slash keeps on fucking up his solo's. 

Great and really good, but it will be even better when Axl can start moving on stage again. I also bet they are going to play couple more "hidden gems" as the tour goes on (songs like So Fine, Perfect Crime, The Garden, Locomotive etc).

Overall I'm a bit disappointed. 

Was at both Vegas gigs and was especially gutted at the first night when I was a few rows from the front. 

I feel, or hope, that that was because Axl was struck out and lost so much performance-wise. Hoping for better when he gets back on his feet.

Haven't watched too many videos but also think some of Slash's takes on the new songs are just woeful. This I Love and Chinese Democracy solos are terrible and would be slated here if they'd been any other guitarist.

Think Axl's voice is fine and strong in places but don't think that it's necessarily all that different from previous years and feel that he is getting a better reaction from people here and outside because of the fact that Slash and Duff are onboard.

Having said all that, while I'm definitely at a strange point as a fan now - am I losing total interest? - I am so glad to see Axl getting so much positive press and hope that it continues for him. 

I would say,its great that Slash and Duff are back ! a bit sad that Adler and Izzy are not there but i think they main characters are there.So im happy with this line up,and hope those 2 join at some point.

But im dissapointed about Axl,he looks great he has put some guts performing in that conditions,but his voice.....i thought he would be able to sing like 2010,but when you hear that afonic screams or rasp,you can know that he is not ok,i dont know what kind of trouble he has,but he has one for sure.

If this reunion would happen in 2010 i cant imagine how crazy would have been

I hope he reach those 2010 levels at some point.Thats my hope

22 hours ago, kjejuju said:

I am happy for them, but im kind of bored. Axl has been touring with the same songs too many times!! This whole tour is just about axl and slash being on the same stage together , and although it's really cool to see them there, I dont feel like theres anything outstanding about any of the performances , definitely nothing that i would call perfect. Effort really dos'nt mean much when your in the entertainment industry, its either you have it or you dont, and axl is on the edge with his voice. The rhythm guitarist and slash do not sound good together ( in my opinion) the drummer is terrible compared to matt sorum and slash keeps on fucking up his solo's. 

I'd totally sign this!

Man, I was so excited when all this LA-Troubadour shit happened. But to be honest: I'm slowly loosing interest in all this.

There's just so much wrong: The broken foot and Axl sitting on stage, the wrong temps, slash's timing....
Add the feeling that all of them are just trying to make as much money as possible. I feel fucking used.
I was looking forward to this since god knows when.... but honestly? I've seen tribute bands being more fun than this reunion.

I don't think even Izzy could save this shit for me.

On the other hand: My inner 14 year old really wants to go to that fucking concert!

Axl is excited, the Slash and Fortus combo sounds great imo, Duff is a blessing and I can hear the bass more now, Mellisa's vocals adds a lot for me, sounds great with Axl.

Frank... I don't have anything against him, he's improving. Hopefully Steven will be a part of this in some capacity as well. He sure did not make me forget how it sounded in the hall of fame with Steven. Doesn't ruin anything for me, but not ideal. Frank is not terrible, just not what I'd call a great drummer. Steven, Josh, and Brain are all better.

It's amazing. Still hard to believe this is happening. Slash's playing plays such a huge role and the chemistry between Slash, Duff, and Axl is clearly still alive imo. I love this line up, I still miss Izzy and Steven and I hope all this potential wouldn't be wasted by Axl. Band seems legit but without an album they can't move forward. But I'm just enjoying the live shows right now, not in bitching mode yet, but I should be.

Edited by Rovim

22 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

I'd totally sign this!

Man, I was so excited when all this LA-Troubadour shit happened. But to be honest: I'm slowly loosing interest in all this.

There's just so much wrong: The broken foot and Axl sitting on stage, the wrong temps, slash's timing....
Add the feeling that all of them are just trying to make as much money as possible. I feel fucking used.
I was looking forward to this since god knows when.... but honestly? I've seen tribute bands being more fun than this reunion.

I don't think even Izzy could save this shit for me.

On the other hand: My inner 14 year old really wants to go to that fucking concert!

The night of the Troubadour show was one of the pinnacles of excitement as a fan but it's kind of akin to Christmas Eve being so much more exciting than Christmas Day, surrounded by all the unwrapped presents. It's not sustainable at that level which isn't the bands fault, it's just reality. I'm pretty excited for Axl/DC which has slightly made up for the lack of Europe dates and I think if they started to tease a new album it would be perfect.

So far I would give it a Very Good/Great rating.

I think when Axl gets out of the chair and back to doing his thing (hopefully his voice will hold up) and if they play some serious deep cuts on tour and chop and change the setlist I would rate it perfect. First 6 shows were great, obviously a few issues to iron out but overall I'm ecstatic. New album in the autumn or next spring would be beyond perfect, then Europe next summer would make this the best year of my life. And of course, a visit from Izzy or Steven wouldn't do any harm?